Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 AM

16,734 posts, read 17,512,775 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers, and a really lovely one it is here!

I was thinking of heading out to see an art exhibition but it is so nice here I'm going to pootle in the garden today.

As far as peeves go I have only one more stemming back to our recent vacation. The vacation itself was lovely, and I hope that you have enjoyed some of the photos that I and Miss J took.

Air travel these days is pretty boring and we all know about the extra security, increased check in times and so on. For those not flying substitute what you feel is appropriate.

For me it is the waits at the different sections- check in, passport (and immigration), security and also baggage collection. Then there may be transportation, or car hire lines.

The POTD is;

Am I ever going to get there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,069,740 times
It's much easier in the states if you sidestep all the red tape. Seems to be much easier that way. Across the pond is a long ways to swim though.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:02 AM

16,734 posts, read 17,512,775 times
These may be the last, or some of the last shots from the Florida vacation. These are from our sunset cruise out of Pass-A-Grille, near St Pete Beach.

The house with the sail roof was built by Gary Burghoff. Ring any bells?

Spoiler
He played Radar O'Reilly in MASH- both the movie and in the TV series.

The house was the first and only one there for some time, but needless to say that didn't last.

This last one is of our hotel, the Don Cesar and there are many people out on the beach observing the beautiful sunset;

Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,207,111 times
great pictures J.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,463,663 times
Beautiful pics Jezer! Florida looks absolutely gorgeous!
I'm not a big fan of flying (I think I've said that before) but after 2 to 3 hours I start getting restless. I look forward to transporter development so we can demolecularize and remolecularize at our desired destination. Just like star trek LoL. Ok so maybe it doesn't sound so nice to be demolecularized....

Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,069,740 times
Nice pics and yep I recognized Radar's real name! Loved Mash!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 AM

21,649 posts, read 8,805,307 times
Love the pictures, Jezer! You have such an artistic eye. As for the peeve, I have found that waiting (while never fun) is much more tolerable with some type of electronic device to entertain you such as an iPhone, iPad or Kindle.

My hair stylist operates in some time zone of his own making and often keeps me waiting past my appointment time for 20, 30 minutes or more. Luckily he works in a salon that has Wi-Fi, so I take care of my e-mail and surf the Internet while waiting, and that helps a lot. If there's no electronic device or internet access, I try to entertain myself with people-watching. I make up stories about the people I see and try to guess what their lives must be like.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,697,546 times
Happy Hump day Peevers. Looks like a horse with a big saddle.
I hate long flights. That is the worse part of traveling. Most of the time Mr EM and I drive but there are times I have had to fly.
I think that was one of the reasons I got a laptop in case I fly. Last year when I flew to Monterrey Ca, everyone had their laptops to muse them. I was so freaking bored.
Anyway..........love the pics and yes......radar. Quite an interesting house......love the hotel too. It is beautiful down there in parts.
okay......giddy up

Old 09-25-2013, 06:35 AM

126,424 posts, read 19,184,392 times
Good morning Jezer nice photos from your trip Yes not only I hate flying,but the longest flight I ever took was to the Punjab/India. A whole 15 1/2 hours non-stop and by the time we arrived my tailbone was killing me and I could barely sit,even on a cushion it was hurting. And we have planned to fly to Australia in the near future. These days car trips more than 500 km seem to get longer too,maybe it is our age,that we cannot tolerate sitting for so long on our tender behinds .

Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,072,131 times
Good peeve, Jezer. That's how I felt the last time I traveled to and from Panama. Long, long trip and around 36 hours without sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics