Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 AM

16,738 posts, read 17,517,578 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

It's a bit chilly but I must get out there are prepare the area for the new fence.

Actually the fence panels haven't arrived as yet though they had said they should have been here on Monday. I am promised that they will be here today, which had better be the case because we're putting them in tomorrow.

Maybe that could be today's peeve?

Yep- that's it.

The POTD, which concerns anything you like, is;

Promised delivery date fails to materialise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 AM

34,289 posts, read 20,603,018 times
Hello Jezer and Peevers.

Good peeve, and it escalates when you have to sit at home waiting for something that will be delivered "between 8 and 12" or something similar. You sacrifice your day, and even if you are not going anywhere, it is a PIA.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,103,794 times
Gosh I hate when this happens. Good peeve. Kind of related to this is when someone tells you they will be at your house for whatever reason, so you stay home and wait and wait and wait and they don't show up.....wasted day waiting for them and they don't bother to call.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:42 AM

Thanks Redbird and rural chick. PIA is right!

Here with some old shots that I took in the lovely SW Texan town of Alpine.

Sorry about the quality of one of them.

They just intrigued me. It was so nice to see something as unique as this;

Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 AM

36,514 posts, read 16,106,833 times
That's a great peeve! Not knowing if things will arrive, messing with your plans, waiting for the phone call, (if you even get one)!! Oyyyy!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM

18,620 posts, read 18,906,173 times
love those photos.... ave been waiting for two months for boots from ebay.. Ive had messages from the company asking me not to report them to ebay but to deal with them.. so I gave them chance after chance to redeem themselves and now have no responsed from them.... their only cheap boots thankfully so Ive not lost much but not the point... I dont like to report them but might have to..... my other peeve was yesterday at a history type project Im on..... I was meeting one man on the project for the first time.. he was quite assertive introducing himeself and handing me his card.... then asked my full name , I answered then he said..... "now I dont like to ask a lady her age.. but are you in the same zone as myself, Im 76" I near passed out with shock.. here was me thinking I was a very young 65, with my own dark brown hair , my own teeth and my skinny jeans and wedge suede boots with my cool big scarf wrapped around One Direction style..... and left feeling two feet tall...... dont think I like him now

Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,073,215 times
Very annoying when this happens, though nowadays with service levels so low it's fairly commonplace.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,167,365 times

My daughter was born two weeks late... drove my wife mad.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

My daughter was born two weeks late... drove my wife mad.
Snap!

Our daughter was also two weeks late.

Mrs J had to be seduced- I mean induced.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,267,910 times

The US postal service doesn't promise with regular non-certified mail but there is a standard. Usually, a letter mailed from the east coast will arrive on the west coast in three days. I mailed a birthday card Feb. 8th to someone in Orlando (coming from Tampa) and it has not arrived. That's a two hour drive. Since I've been in Florida, a package sent to that same Orlando address has disappeared. Now I send all packages certified. More than one postal worker has been caught stealing gift cards and those are very obvious in an envelope. The birthday card did not contain a gift card but it does include a check. I have sent cash in previous mailings but will never do that again. If the recipient doesn't get the card, at least I'll be able to track cashing of the check.

On the other hand, I ordered a camera from Nikon Sunday night. The offer included free next day shipping. It arrived UPS early Tuesday morning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics