Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,267,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Here with some old shots that I took in the lovely SW Texan town of Alpine.

Sorry about the quality of one of them.

They just intrigued me. It was so nice to see something as unique as this;
Very enjoyable pics, Jezer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM

44,420 posts, read 20,181,611 times
Quote:
Good morning peevers.

It's a bit chilly but I must get out there are prepare the area for the new fence.

Actually the fence panels haven't arrived as yet though they had said they should have been here on Monday. I am promised that they will be here today, which had better be the case because we're putting them in tomorrow.

Maybe that could be today's peeve?

Yep- that's it.

The POTD, which concerns anything you like, is;

Promised delivery date fails to materialise.
That's a great peeve, Jezer, and a fairly common occurrence. IMO, there's no excuse for a business not sticking to its word when it comes to delivery times. Maybe, like some physicians, they schedule appointments too close together and then they can't possibly stay on schedule. It's poor planning and very annoying!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM

44,710 posts, read 61,920,721 times
reat peeve Jezer. My wife has some special refrigerated medicine delivered monthly and one of us has to wait around all day for it to arrive. Even if they say a certain day or time frame means anything anymore. They've been late more than once. Grrr...

Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM

16,738 posts, read 17,515,861 times
Well it's gone 3-30 pm and I'm still waiting and getting a bit nervous as I've got someone booked in for tomorrow.

I have rung the company who say that it is out on the road for delivery today.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,157,667 times
Quote:
Thanks Redbird and rural chick. PIA is right!

Here with some old shots that I took in the lovely SW Texan town of Alpine.

Sorry about the quality of one of them.

They just intrigued me. It was so nice to see something as unique as this;

Love, love, love Alpine! One of my most favorite towns in Texas!

Waiting on stuff's not too bad, it's when the don't show up at all that irks me to no end!

Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 AM

It is a lovely town, and in a gorgeous area!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,806,587 times
late packages does put a damper on things and is very bothersome. but i guess i can understand? now what i cannot stand is a package arriving like a month later

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM

24,601 posts, read 26,166,054 times
Promised delivery date fails to materialise.

In our case right now it's a fax we have been waiting for to complete a transaction.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM

It's official.

It's a balls up.

No fencing hurdles here today.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,316,304 times
Great peeve Jezer and marvelous pics too! Love that style of painting, very old school! Yowza! LOL

Waiting... waiting........ waiting some more... and still nada. Zilch, Niente. Nothing. What a royal pain in the tushy!!! Why do they even bother to give a date and time?
I've been in that position more times than I can count, and it is seriously irritating, like a splinter under your skin that you just can't seem to dig out.

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with it, especially when you have someone scheduled to come out to put them up. Buggers to the company who let you down!

A friend of mine (some years ago now) had ordered new shutters for the front of her home. They did not arrive on schedule. So after 3 days, they showed up and were the wrong design, wrong size and the wrong color.
So after calling the company they gave the usual excuses and promises. After the next arrival over a week later, same problem all over again. Another call to the company. Same song and dance. After waiting 2 weeks, another arrival and yes, again the wrong stuff. So she placed the shutters up against her fence facing outwards with a gigantic sign painted on plywood telling the world all about it with the company's name and phone number.
The local newspaper did a story on it for their sunday paper, and next thing you know, she was served papers to appear in court for libel. Yep. So she counter sued and won. She now is sporting shutters of her choice on every window of her home, and not just the ones facing the street.
I'm betting the company wished it had just sent what she ordered and had paid for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics