Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 AM

16,709 posts, read 17,490,130 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Hmm- I'm stuck here awaiting deliveries from the builder's merchant.

We've had that peeve before, so I have to thank Dallas Kitty for her comment on Saturday for giving me the idea for today's peeve. Thanks DK!

You know the situation; you can't find something that you need now. You search through all the usual places, and some pretty unusual ones too, but no joy.

So you go to the next stage and go out and buy some new ones, whatever they are. Great.

You can guess the next bit!

Today's peeve is;

Finding what you lost after buying a replacement.

I'll take one or two shots of the wet conditions round here when it gets a bit lighter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 02:03 AM

Phew- it's been hectic.

Right- got some photos, but it is not very light out there.

The fields are very wet but nothing like parts of the West Country where it has been very bad.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,163,465 times
Some from around my way.

Wet isn't it.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:35 AM

Thanks Baldrick and the best of luck.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,262,290 times
That's a lot of wetness in England, Jezer and Baldrick! Don't drive through anything that could float you away!

Finding what you lost after buying a replacement

I went into bloodhound/detective mode looking for the shelf pegs so I could get the bookcases ready for books. I did not find them. It's aggravating because I was so certain I had secured them with my desk items which were the first things I unpacked. I know they're here someplace. Once everything is neatly in place, they'll show up. But today I will go to the hardware store and get some. Books are waiting!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 AM

27,402 posts, read 27,449,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Hmm- I'm stuck here awaiting deliveries from the builder's merchant.

We've had that peeve before, so I have to thank Dallas Kitty for her comment on Saturday for giving me the idea for today's peeve. Thanks DK!

You know the situation; you can't find something that you need now. You search through all the usual places, and some pretty unusual ones too, but no joy.

So you go to the next stage and go out and buy some new ones, whatever they are. Great.

Today's peeve is;

Finding what you lost after buying a replacement.

I'll take one or two shots of the wet conditions round here when it gets a bit lighter.

Lol been there, done that. Namely in dvds or cds. Grrrr!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,342,646 times
Happens all the time.
Stores must have some trolls working for them, they hide our stuff so that we need to go and buy a replacement!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,064,101 times
WOW! Looks like you guys are getting a ton of rain too. We're getting hammered and this is what's going on over in Colon.

Desastre y emergencia | Panorama-Impreso | Prensa.com

Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,946,207 times
It's dry here in AZ and we don't need any flooding like those pictures are showing...... but we can always use the water.
I hate buying a replacement and limit doing so as often as possible. However worse,,,,, it's when you CAN'T find a replacement.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM

44,405 posts, read 20,141,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

Today's peeve is; Finding what you lost after buying a replacement.
Excellent peeve, DK and Jezer! That is so frustrating! If I know I have something and will likely find it eventually, I generally won't go out and buy another one. Instead, I'll improvise with something that doesn't do the job as well or makes it more difficult so that I'm ranting the whole time about why I can't find my such-and-such. And, of course, I find it shortly after I made do with a poor substitute.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics