Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times

Advertisements

Happy Tuesday to all!

Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? use canned veggies the most. I would never eat canned meat or lima beans.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Anywhere in the Caribbean because of the beaches, weather and relaxing island lifestyle.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? 23

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? I can't remember the name of it, it was a freebie book from the Kindle store for my Ipad.

What book are you reading now (if any). Gone Girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:58 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,421,375 times
Default Qotd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012. Let’s get straight into the questions…

Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? I use evaporated milk the most. I keep chicken broth, canned soup and whatever else I pick up on sale. Spam is something I would not want to eat.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? I want two -- Canada and a Caribbean island. I'm not sure which one. I've been to Canada -- Toronto and Quebec. However, since I've always lived in the south, I would need a warm weather escape during the winter.England would be nice, also. All of these choices are beautiful countries and the language wouldn't be a problem.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? I will have to go back and add up. Gosh, this made me stop and think. Some of them have passed on. I'm in the younger portion of the family. There was a wide age range on my father's side.

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Books my art museum gave us for our docent classes.

What book are you reading now (if any). I've read many books during my lifetime but am not currently a big book reader. I spent so much time preparing for the move, etc. that I like people oriented activities. Newspapers (I still love them) and magazines are my current reading materials.
Today in History:

1690 Revolt in Haarlem (Amsterdam) after public ban on smoking
1814 First plastic surgery is performed (England)
1915 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote
1941 Walt Disney's "Dumbo" released
1956 First video recording on magnetic tape televised coast-to-coast
1970 Gary Gabelich sets auto speed record 622.4 mph (1,001 kph)
1973 Nixon agrees to turn over White House tape recordings to Judge Sirica
1977 Paleontologist Elso Barghoorn announces that 3.4-billion-year-old one-celled fossils, the earliest life forms, had been discovered

Today’s Word:

Parturient / pahr-TOOR-ee-uhnt \ , adjective;
1. Bearing or about to bear young; travailing.
2. Pertaining to parturition.
3. Bringing forth or about to produce something, as an idea.

Today Is:

TV Talk Show Host Day
IPad Day
Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day
National Mole Day
Canned Food Day
Soccer Player Day

Last edited by antiquesmountainapache; 10-23-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,377,507 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012. Let’s get straight into the questions…)))
Top of the mornin' to ye.

Quote:
(((Today is Canned Food Day. [b]What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?)))
Well I don't think there aren't any I wouldn't eat if my life depended on it. That's like saying I'd rather die than eat something yucky. But I think I would have serious reservations about eating canned pet food?
As for what canned foods I eat the most, I'd say tunafish.

Quote:
(((If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?)))
It depends on what my reason was for leaving and how much money I had.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,091,356 times
Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?

Use the most: green beans, pork & beans, mushroom soup - lower sodium, evaporated milk, tomato sauce, chili beans, black beans, tomato paste

Wouldn't eat: Progesso Mushroom Soup, Dinty Moore Stew, Mustard Greens in a Can, Armour Chili, Vienna Sausages, Most canned meat products

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?
Probably Australia- just a great place

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have?

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Shadow Street - Dean Koontz

What book are you reading now (if any).
none

Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
G
What was the last book you read in its entirety?

What book are you reading now (if any).
Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West: Blaine Harden: 9780670023325: Amazon.com: Books

and

The World Is Bigger Now: An American Journalist's Release from Captivity in North Korea . . . A Remarkable Story of Faith,Family,and Forgiveness: Euna Lee,Lisa Dickey: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?
Right now, I use canned black and white beans for soup. I would NEVER eat anchovies. Yuck!

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Canada, specifically Vancouver, because I have relatives there, I speak the language and it's very similar to the U.S.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? I'm not even sure because I know I haven't met all of them since most of them are overseas. Let's just say many!

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety?
A Nation of Moochers by Charles Sykes

What book are you reading now (if any). Obama's America: Unmaking the American Dream by Dinesh D'Souza (Professor D'Souza has been in the news himself lately. Google it.)

Have a great Tuesday!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012.
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? I use lots of canned tomato products--diced, paste, sauce, crushed. I would never eat sardines unless I was starving to death

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Scotland! I love the accent and the cool weather.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? 6 on my mother's side and I have no idea on my father's. I never met any of his siblings.

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Buried Prey by John Sandford

What book are you reading now (if any). The Lion's Game by Nelson DeMille. I can't imagine not reading a book!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? SPAM & SPAM.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Australia, it's very similiar to like the US was 60 years ago. The people are friendly, the food is great, and it's not so crowded. New Zealand would be my next choice.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? Have no idea.

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Goldilocks and the 7 Dwarfs, a night to remember.

What book are you reading now (if any). Who let the dog's out, by Sen Politico, a Washington Insider.

It's Tuesday, another day to frolic in the sun, enjoy...

Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM

412 posts, read 679,650 times
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? The most used item from a can in my house would have to be tomato sauce. I make a lot of homemade pasta sauce.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?
Probably the UK. I'm not good with other languages, and I've got American friends just south of London.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? Four. Two from each parent's side. I also just found out I'm going to be an uncle for the first time!

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Just finished the 50 Shades trilogy this weekend.

What book are you reading now (if any). Already started back in on my normal crime-drama with "Devious" by Lisa Jackson.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
[quote=Kobber;26627897]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012. Let’s get straight into the questions…

Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?....Only canned beans, dry beans take forever to cook and it's just easier when I work.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?.........Canada. It's a lot like Maine but way more expensive. I spent summer vacations there visiting my grandmother. I remember the milk man coming in his horse drawn cart. My great Aunt lived in a small old house with a door bell that you had to crank by hand. She also had a claw foot bath tub and beautiful wood work. I always knew I would live in an old house when I grew up.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have?.....Zero. My brother is my only living relative and I haven't a clue where he is.

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety?....It was something about real estate investing, but it was pretty lame. Real estate 101.

What book are you reading now (if any)....A Ghost Hunter's Guide my friend Lucille gave me. It is Halloween you know. I would love to rent a bus and take the shorties on a ghost hunting tour. I could drive it. I have a class C license.

Today in History:

1690 Revolt in Haarlem (Amsterdam) after public ban on smoking
1814 First plastic surgery is performed (England)
1915 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote
1941 Walt Disney's "Dumbo" released
1956 First video recording on magnetic tape televised coast-to-coast
1970 Gary Gabelich sets auto speed record 622.4 mph (1,001 kph)
1973 Nixon agrees to turn over White House tape recordings to Judge Sirica
1977 Paleontologist Elso Barghoorn announces that 3.4-billion-year-old one-celled fossils, the earliest life forms, had been discovered

Today’s Word:

Parturient / pahr-TOOR-ee-uhnt \ , adjective;
1. Bearing or about to bear young; travailing.
2. Pertaining to parturition.
3. Bringing forth or about to produce something, as an idea.

Today Is:

TV Talk Show Host Day.......................................I hope Johnny Carson is in there somewhere.
IPad Day............................................... ............I want one of those.
Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day........Summers over.
National Mole Day............................................... . They are kind of cute.
Canned Food Day............................................... .. Only beans
Soccer Player Day............................................... .. Fit young men in shorts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics