Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 AM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions – Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012.
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012. Let’s get straight into the questions…

Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?

I don't think I eat any canned foods , really .

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Probably Canada or England because I am just too old to start over anywhere else.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? eleven

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? I just finished "The Other Woman's House" by Sophie Hannah.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it?
Most~Tuna and Soup
Never~ Vienna Sausage

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?
Canada, it's the closest.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have?

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety?
Scarpetta~ Patricia Cornwell
What book are you reading now (if any).
Ask and It is Given~Jerry & Ester Hicks

Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,616,358 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:

I mostly use some canned soups, but I'm slowly learning how to make my own to freeze.

I remember loving Spam, but now I wouldn't eat it unless I was starving to death.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country?
Canada, particularly the Maritimes. It's absolutely beautiful, among other more important reasons.

Bonus Question:

Two

Just for fun:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Philip K. Dick

Textbooks

Today in History:

1690 Revolt in Haarlem (Amsterdam) after public ban on smoking
1814 First plastic surgery is performed (England)
1915 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote
1941 Walt Disney's "Dumbo" released
1956 First video recording on magnetic tape televised coast-to-coast
1970 Gary Gabelich sets auto speed record 622.4 mph (1,001 kph)
1973 Nixon agrees to turn over White House tape recordings to Judge Sirica
1977 Paleontologist Elso Barghoorn announces that 3.4-billion-year-old one-celled fossils, the earliest life forms, had been discovered

Today’s Word:

Parturient / pahr-TOOR-ee-uhnt \ , adjective;
1. Bearing or about to bear young; travailing.
2. Pertaining to parturition.
3. Bringing forth or about to produce something, as an idea.

Today Is:

TV Talk Show Host Day
IPad Day
Swallows Depart from San Juan Capistrano Day
National Mole Day
Canned Food Day
Soccer Player Day

Thanx for the Qs Kobber.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:02 AM

19,538 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Today’s Question:

MOST > [same as poster/s before me] tuna and soups.
Usually the soups I get are like the quasi cans - the ones you can put in the microwave.

Never > as much as I like fish, sardines is not up there on my list (don't think it ever will be either).

Extra Credit Question:

Oh nooo, I can't decide. Canada (because it's closest) but Ireland or Germany are close ties. Family on both sides.

Bonus Question:

Just for fun:

I Am Nujood, Aged 10 and Divorced ~ Nujood Ali

I had read 3 of Kevin Follett's books in the past, "The Key To Rebecca", "Eye of the Needle" and "On Wings of Eagle's",.. think I have "Fall of the Giants" somewhere around the house or a copy on my iPod. Maybe I'll pick it back up and actually try to finish. I get easily distracted but once I get into the books (any - not just Kevin Follett's), they're hard to put down.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
[quote=Kobber;26627897]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012. Let’s get straight into the questions…

Today’s Question:

Gee there are many to choose from. I do like cooking with Campbell's soups. So many yummy things to make with them!

I do not use ANY canned fish products what so ever! UGH!

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Scotland, because it is so beautiful, full of wonderful people and amazing history as well as really cool accents and sayings. Fascinating and entrancing for me! I also love the way the country is run, and the way they take care of their people!

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? Good Lord! We are a prolific family! Ha!

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? Rarely do I not finish a book. My last read was " Red Mist" by Patricia Cornwell, one of my fav authors!

What book are you reading now (if any). I'm planning to read, "Southern Cross", also by Patricia Cornwell

Today in History:

1690 Revolt in Haarlem (Amsterdam) after public ban on smoking I understand.
1915 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote I owe them my grattitude!
1941 Walt Disney's "Dumbo" released This one was not one of my favorites!
1977 Paleontologist Elso Barghoorn announces that 3.4-billion-year-old one-celled fossils, the earliest life forms, had been discovered

Today’s Word:

3. Bringing forth or about to produce something, as an idea. Awesome! Feels better rolling off my tongue than actually giving birth!! Whew!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
Good morning all!!

Today’s Question:

Canned would probably be the soups.
Never? Canned boiled peanuts.....don't...just don't

Extra Credit Question:

Canada 1st choice...(closest to home AND absolutely beautiful) I'd look at Germany, England and Swizerland...just because I've always wanted to go. Oh and add Austrailia, Austria, Ireland........I'd better leave it at Canada because there are so many.
Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? I have 1! My mother had one brother and my father is an only child. My DH on the other hand had 41 when all were living.

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? I don't know the title, something I got for free for my Kindle.

What book are you reading now (if any). I haven't started my next one yet.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times
Good morning to all! Crazy week so far. I am covering for a co-worker and we've been inundated with strange problems this week. And it's only Tuesday... Ugh!!!!

Today’s Question:

My family uses canned tuna quite a bit. I don't really like anything from a can.

Extra Credit Question:

We've been loosely looking at Central America for retirement. A condo on the beach in the lower $100K range isn't too shabby. But, it's sooooo far away from friends and family.

Bonus Question:

Don't know. I haven't communicated with extended family in years.

Just for fun:

The owners manual for my motorcycle. I was bored.

I don't like to read books. I read magazines and online materials.

Today Is:

TV Talk Show Host Day
IPad Day
National Mole Day
Canned Food Day
Soccer Player Day

Have a good day everybody!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Today’s Question:
The most: stewed tomatoes, spinach, baked beans are some. I like the flavor of new potatoes better out of a can, whole not sliced.
I don't care for canned peas. They taste awful and have a mushy texture. Fresh or frozen peas are just fine.

Extra Credit Question:
I would choose Canada, simply because it's the only fully modern neighboring country. Plus, one of my great grandmothers was Canadian.
Truth is I would not want to emigrate from the US.

Bonus Question:

Just for fun:
Our Story, about the miners trapped in Pennsylvania a few years ago. It was an interesting read.
I'm always dipping in and out of books for work or pleasure so there are several.

Today Is:
Goodbye, birds, see you next year.

Last edited by bjh; 10-23-2012 at 06:52 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 06:47 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Today’s Question:

I always keep several cans of refried black beans in the house, along with various cooking soups (cream of X) - even if I was starving, I wouldn't eat any Del Monte canned spinach had a great-aunt that forced me to when I was a kid.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Well, I'm here. Beautiful country, safe and a lower cost of living where a buck goes a heck of a lot farther.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? No clue

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? The Help

Thanks for QOTD and have a great day y'all.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,280,332 times
Today’s Question:

Today is Canned Food Day. What canned foods do you use the most and what canned foods would you never eat unless your life depended on it? Baked beans is my most purchased canned food. I would never touch pickled pigs feet in a million years.

Extra Credit Question:

If you had to emigrate to another country, where would you go and why did you choose that country? Canada because I have a friend there and because of their wonderful healthcare system.

Bonus Question:

How many first cousins do you have? 4

Just for fun:

What was the last book you read in its entirety? A 10 book series by Sherryl Woods but I can't remember the titles of them.

What book are you reading now (if any). Waking Up Charleston by Sherryl Woods.

Today in History:

1690 Revolt in Haarlem (Amsterdam) after public ban on smoking
1915 25,000 women march in New York City, demanding right to vote
1941 Walt Disney's "Dumbo" released

Today’s Word:

3. Bringing forth or about to produce something, as an idea.

Today Is:

TV Talk Show Host Day
IPad Day
National Mole Day
Canned Food Day
Soccer Player Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics