Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 11,075,546 times

Advertisements

Well here we are kids, almost 1/2 way through July!

So just as I was getting ready to hit submit the power went out
Thank God for laptop batteries and copy/paste

Now before all goes dark again, how about . . .

Today's Questions:
I had a little experience today at work that made me want to ask:

When (& why) was the last time you needed to or were instructed to speak with a “professional” about something
and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull?

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction?

Bonus Questions:
While it might not happen every night, it does happen so . . .

What was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up?

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off?
If so, do you remember what it was?

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED you wouldn’t have woke up?

Just for Fun
These questions were airdropped over the jungles of Panama

If they were to make a movie about you and your life, who would you want to portray you in that role?
In the childhood and teen years:
In the adult years:

If a movie producer asked you to play the lead role in a movie they want to make about a well-known person
(from the past or present) who would you want to portray?

Today in History:

1850 - 1st public demonstration of ice made by refrigeration
1853 - 1st U.S. World's fair opens, Crystal Palace New York
1927 - 1st commercial airplane flight in Hawaii
1988 - WYHY radio offers $1M to anyone who can prove Elvis is still alive
2011 - In Borneo a previously extinct rainbow toad is rediscovered by scientists; the sighting is the first since
its extinction was declared in 1924

Quote of the Day:

"It often happens that when a person possesses a particular ability to an extraordinary degree
nature makes up for it by leaving him or her incompetent in every other department."

~~Robert Shea

Today Is:

Farm Heritage Day
Pick Blueberries Day
Anything You Want Day
Harrison Ford's 70th Birthday-7/13(where the heck has time gone)

Have a good one y’all and . . .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,661,677 times
Today's Questions:

When (& why) was the last time you needed to or were instructed to speak with a “professional” about something
and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull?
Oh this used to happen all the time when I worked in an office, I swear I just don't know how some of those "professional" people got through school cause they sure didn't learn a darn thing.

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction?
Accounting

Bonus Questions:

What was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up?
I have really weird dreams sometimes but honestly I just don't remember them after a few days....poof! they're gone.

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off? Yes, I know that has happened before
If so, do you remember what it was? nope

I can't tell you THAT!

Just for Fun

If they were to make a movie about you and your life, who would you want to portray you in that role?
I don't know, all the child actors I know are pretty much grown now, maybe Dakota Fanning as a teenager if she can still pull it off
In the adult years:
Angelina Jolie maybe, after seeing her in "Girl, Interrupted" I think she can play a psycho really well

If a movie producer asked you to play the lead role in a movie they want to make about a well-known person
Stevie Nicks comes to mind or maybe Joan of Arc

Quote of the Day:

"It often happens that when a person possesses a particular ability to an extraordinary degree
nature makes up for it by leaving him or her incompetent in every other department."

~~Robert Shea

Today Is:

Farm Heritage Day....................I got some of that!
Pick Blueberries Day..................whew too hot for that
Anything You Want Day............anything?
Harrison Ford's 70th Birthday-7/13(where the heck has time gone) Wow, seems like yesterday he was running from large rolling boulders and aliens. Happy Birthday old boy.

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 07-13-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,104,834 times

Today's Questions:

Almost all the time... With officials .. politicians ....lawyers..you name it . Incompetence is abundant!
My line of work.

Bonus Questions:

Back when I was on the patch....or after surgery on the morphine drip.

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off?
Not really! If I did I'd have to kill you if I told you!

Recently I think!

Just for Fun

In the childhood and teen years: Matt Damon
In the adult years:
Harrison Ford

Today in History:

1850 - 1st public demonstration of ice made by refrigeration
1853 - 1st U.S. World's fair opens, Crystal Palace New York
1927 - 1st commercial airplane flight in Hawaii
1988 - WYHY radio offers $1M to anyone who can prove Elvis is still alive
2011 - In Borneo a previously extinct rainbow toad is rediscovered by scientists; the sighting is the first since
its extinction was declared in 1924

Quote of the Day:

~~Robert Shea

Today Is:

Farm Heritage Day
Pick Blueberries Day
Anything You Want Day
Harrison Ford's 70th Birthday-7/13(where the heck has time gone) Hard to believe !

Thanks Joy!!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,369,252 times
Hi there its Friday night Saturday Questions of the Day YaaaaaY (what a treat Joy) thanks

Well I took some clothes to the dry cleaner's and I had to kinda figure out stuff... does that count? If not I think that quite often when I go to the doctor.

Oh boy I bet yall know what I am thinking, so I want say another word LOL

Bonus Questions:

It happens just can't recall at the moment

If so, do you remember what it was? yep, but can't recall the details

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED you wouldn’t have woke up? I always want to wake up...

Just for Fun

In the childhood and teen years:In the adult years:I would have to think about that one for sure

(from the past or present) who would you want to portray? Ummmm I will have to give it some thought too...

Love and Peace

Last edited by sun queen; 07-13-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 09:21 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,159,745 times
today's questions:
i had a little experience today at work that made me want to ask:

When (& why) was the last time you needed to or were instructed to speak with a “professional” About something?
That would have been last night, with my MMA coach!

and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as On a bull?
Ya just never know until ya get in the ring!!!

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction?Kicking bootie & taking names.

bonus questions:
while it might not happen every night, it does happen so . . .

what was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up? I have been having the craziest dreams lately. Mainly that I am one of the world's best female MMA fighters!

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off? Yes, yes I have!
If so, do you remember what it was? I'm pretty sure it was the MMA thang.

What’s the last dream you had where you wished:d you wouldn’t have woke up? Back to the MMA thang I tell ya!

just for fun
these questions were airdropped over the jungles of panama:d

if they were to make a movie about you and your life, who would you want to portray you in that role?
In the childhood and teen years: My beautiful grand daughter!
In the adult years: Myself!

(from the past or present) who would you want to portray? Raquel Welch!

today is:

farm heritage day
pick blueberries day
anything you want day
harrison ford's 70th birthday-7/13(where the heck has time gone)

have a good one y’all and . . . [/b]
[/quote]

You too Joy & thanks for the Q's!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 07-13-2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 09:32 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,348,729 times
Today’s Question: Saturday, 14 July 2012

Well here we are kids, almost 1/2 way through July! and over half way through 2012 !

Today's Questions:

and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull? The process of selling my house is like that. Basically I just had to do everything myself even though I do have an agent.

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction? Gosh, I don't know. Maybe crocheting ( how boring is that?) .

Bonus Questions:

What was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up? I always have very vivid dreams and they are very similiar in nature. I can recall dreams I had when I was four or five because they were just so real. I am embarrassed to say that they usually involved my younger brother being on an island that all of a sudden was set adrift in the ocean.

If so, do you remember what it was? Yes, this happens very often. I even try to get back so I can resolve what I did not before.

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED you wouldn’t have woke up? Maybe the one where I was just about to eat a delicious piece of cake (another recurring motif LOL)

Just for Fun

In the childhood and teen years: can't think of anyone
In the adult years: maybe Sally Fields. We were born on almost the same day & look a little alike.

(from the past or present) who would you choose?

I would never want to act in a movie. I would be terrified of the terrible reviews.

Have a wonderful weekend, all of you oters

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-13-2012 at 09:46 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 10:38 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,032,427 times
Today's Questions:

Once where I used to work I needed to know if it was going to be ok to do something. I called the person in charge of the building. He said he needed to check with another department to see if it was ok. The other department told him they would have to make a call to see if it was ok. They then proceeded to call me to see if it was ok. Of course I told them it was ok. They then told the building management it was ok. And then the building management called me to tell me it was ok.

Loadplanning airplanes

Bonus Questions:

A couple nights ago I do not think I was totally asleep as I was aware of where I was when all of a sudden a window appeared before my eyes and 2 people were looking in at me. I woke up right after that. The dream only lasted 1 or 2 seconds but it startled me so much I was able to remember it.

That has happened a time or two. Usually the dream is nothing to get excited about. I also have reoccurring dreams. They are slightly different each time but the overall theme is the same.

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED
you wouldn’t have woke up?
In a past life I must have been a really strange person as most of my dreams tend to be rather bizzare. I am usually glad I woke up.

Just for Fun

In the childhood and teen years: Hmmmmmmmm. I have no idea.
In the adult years: Larry The Cable Guy

Larry The Cable Guy

Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,256,931 times
Today's Questions:

When (& why) was the last time you needed to or were instructed to speak with a “professional” about something and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull?
When writing my resume. $300 for a professional to write it, and I ended up trashing the text and writing it over myself. Got more responses that way, too.

Dancing.

Bonus Questions:

I was married to someone from the past. NO!

Yes. It had something to do with crossword puzzles and the color gray, but I can't remember the details.

It wasn't naughty, but it involved Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Just for Fun

Not really sure. I don't know the names of many of them.
In the adult years:
Helen Hunt would be right for it, going by her performance in As Good As It Gets.

If a movie producer asked you to play the lead role in a movie they want to make about a well-known person (from the past or present) who would you want to portray?

Margaret Sanger, Dorothy Parker (even though Jennifer Jason Leigh already portrayed Mrs. Parker so well), maybe Simone de Beauvoir or Gloria Steinem.

Last edited by Lilac110; 07-13-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 PM

44,723 posts, read 61,963,599 times
Today's Questions:
I had a little experience today at work that made me want to ask: At least it was little, big one's are the problem.

When (& why) was the last time you needed to or were instructed to speak with a “professional” about something and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull? It's been awhile but with some contractors and always with politicians.

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction? BSing.

Bonus Questions:

What was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up? That's about every night.

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off? All the time.

If so, do you remember what it was? Yes, they're unforgettable.

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED you wouldn’t have woke up? Last night, it's always about death and torture.

Just for Fun

In the childhood and teen years: Lil' Ronnie Howard (Opie)

In the adult years: Harrison Ford, he looks exactly like me.

(from the past or present) who would you want to portray? King Tut or Hugh Hefner.

Saturday, good day to go shopping, enjoy...

Why does Saturday have the word turd in it, does that mean it's a crappy day.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,081,095 times
Today's Questions:

and you ended up having to figure it out yourself because they were as worthless as on a bull? Maybe when I signed up for personal training at the gym a few years ago ... She was not helpful and I did not get my money's worth

What’s one thing that you're pretty darned good at even though you never received formal instruction? Dancing ... Although I COULD use some formal lessons though

Bonus Questions:

What was the last dream you had that was so vivid it took you a bit to shake it after you woke up? Can't recall ... I usually forget my dreams ....

Have you ever had a dream that woke you up and when you fell back to sleep the dream picked up where it left off? Never happened ....
If so, do you remember what it was? N/A

What’s the last dream you had where you WISHED you wouldn’t have woke up? There were a few ... Not rated PG

Just for Fun

If they were to make a movie about you and your life, who would you want to portray you in that role? Can't think of anyone who would do my character justice
Can't think of anyone who would do my character justice
In the adult years: Can't think of anyone who would do my character justice

(from the past or present) who would you want to portray? Hmmm .... Can't think of anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics