Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,799,535 times

Advertisements

good rainy morning to you

Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganized? the kitchen table. How long did it take? actually did it this morning before we had our coffee.. 15 minutes

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? well there are 3 on the coffee table and last night I was moving from one to the other and had a miserable time trying to figure out how to get the DVD to work... and then ended up watching it on the computer instead..

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? not as many plans as last year but might head to NH this weekend. a few small day trips will most likely happen.

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? vanilla

Last edited by GarlicGuy; 05-29-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM

604 posts, read 457,725 times
Good morning! Hope you all had a good weekend. Back to work tonight, but it's going to be a short week, as I'm taking Thursday and Friday off... yay!

Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? I'm not good at that sort of thing... I helped GG clear off the table this morning.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? There's a lot of them, and I have no idea what they're for... not really, but I can turn the TV on and change the channels, that's about it. Mostly I just push random buttons until something happens.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. no vacation plans, but we're kinda spur-of-the-moment type people, so you never know!

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? mocha... yum

Have a great day!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,512,461 times
Pink Flamingo Day

Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,273,548 times
Now that you're finished with your own sorting, you can come over and help me, Kobber.

Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? I've lived in my present house for 18 months......it's time to pick a spot and get to work.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? Three, I think. Probably some stashed away and drawers and forgotten.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. Leaving in 3 weeks for New England and Canada.

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? Chocolate. Is there any other flavor????

Today in History:

1911 First running of Indianapolis 500
1912 15 young women fired by Curtis Publishing for dancing "Turkey Trot" during their lunch break
1916 Official flag of president of U.S. adopted
1919 Charles Strite patents pop-up toaster
1942 Bing Crosby records "White Christmas," greatest selling record to date
1987 Michael Jackson attempts to buy Elephant Man's remains
1994 Great comet-iceball seen above North sea
2011 Malta becomes the last country in the European Union to legalize divorce

Today’s Word:

Varlet \ VAHR-lit \ , noun;
1. A knavish person; rascal.
2. a. An attendant or servant. b. A page who serves a knight.

Similar to "varmint".......

Today Is:

International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
Learn About Composting Day
Pink Flamingo Day
Paper Clip Day
Ancestor Honor Day.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,522,440 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? My room, and 5 minutes. I don’t spend enough time at home to make a mess, lol.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? Two, and the TV. They are good for knocking over constantly. Lol.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. I just went to visit two good friends of mine over Memorial Day Weekend. We had such a good time that we’re hoping to plan another trip before the end of the summer, finances permitting.

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? Chocolate.

Today’s Word:

Varlet \ VAHR-lit \ , noun;
1. A knavish person; rascal.
2. a. An attendant or servant. b. A page who serves a knight.

Had to look up “knavish”.

Yay, a short work week! Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM

412 posts, read 683,442 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? Spent an hour in my laundry room cleaning and sorting a couple weeks ago.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for?
I think I have 6 for various assorted electronics.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans.
Just got back from my adventures in Phoenix and will be headed to northern Canada for a week of fishing in late July.

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavor? Vanilla with caramel!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 AM

37,862 posts, read 41,261,575 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take?

Ooh, it's right in front of me here in the room where the desk is but it's going to be sometime over the summer and will probably be an all day affair.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for?

2 - TV and DVD player.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans.

Never vacation in the actual summer. This year going on a road trip to see Michigan's Upper Peninsula (Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, scenic routes and overlooks, many lighthouses, 2 day cruises, bird observatory, a carriage tour, a mine tour, maybe a few waterfalls, forests, a wildlife refuge, an insect and butterfly house, a ghost town, Soo locks, a few parks, and stops at a number of harbors, churches, and other old buildings for photographic ops...all dependent on weather conditions. If it's a wet trip I'll be in a lot of museums.

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour?

banana

Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 AM

7,371 posts, read 2,767,336 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? Laundry room and pantry area...a few hours.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? Three...no, four. TV, DVD/VCR, dish and stereo.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. No plans, just take what comes....

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? It's a toss up between vanilla and strawberry!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend and that your week has started out beautifully.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,979,136 times
Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? - Hmm.. when I moved into my house exactly 14 years ago... (Memorial Day weekend 1998) Does that count? - Actually, it's the office.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? - You mean the ones that work? Hmm.. I lost count around 1.. Actually, I have 3.. and they all work, plus the 2 for my truck and SUV..

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. - I'm still planning.. I'll be done planning around.. 2013..

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? - I drink the low-carb Milk Shake, I pour milk in a glass and shake it.... You asked!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,547,080 times
Happy Tuesday everyone. I just got back from a 5 day weekend get away so this feels like Monday to me!

Today’s Question:

What was the last space in your home that you sorted out, cleaned up and reorganised? How long did it take? My kitchen drawers and cabinets. Did not take too long, maybe an hour of less.

Extra Credit Question:

How many remote controls do you have in your home and what are they for? 3 for TV. 1 for DVD player

Bonus Question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? If so, tell us a little about your plans. no, maybe some day trips

Just for Fun:

What’s your favourite milk shake flavour? chocolate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics