Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,863,701 times

Advertisements

Ok, Here's what happened. I was working at one of the hospital's and was entering my patient's room through the isolation room when I noticed him sitting on the floor looking like something you'd see on Halloween. I hit the code alarm and started CPR but he didn't make it. I found out later that he was homeless and had $10,000 dollars in his room that nobody knew was there. How many of you out there would have kept the money? Be honest, don't make me come over there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,215,496 times
Be honest?
Sounds like a crock to me.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 AM

3,862 posts, read 6,322,264 times
First may I say, Hats off to You; I could not do your job. Second, I wouldn't want the hassle of trying to smuggle $10K (in cash?) out to my car. Obvious, yes? Lastly, I'm sure this poor gentleman's hospital bill will be way more than that, so give it to them.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,319,743 times
Nope. Couldn't do it. Couldn't live with myself.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,272,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Ok, Here's what happened. I was working at one of the hospital's and was entering my patient's room through the isolation room when I noticed him sitting on the floor looking like something you'd see on Halloween. I hit the code alarm and started CPR but he didn't make it. I found out later that he was homeless and had $10,000 dollars in his room that nobody knew was there. How many of you out there would have kept the money? Be honest, don't make me come over there!
I would never take anything that wasn't mine. If I found the money I would turn it in to police and also let the media know in efforts to deter any police person capable of taking things from the evidence room.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 AM

10,248 posts, read 11,235,764 times
I couldn't take the money - Nope, couldn't do it - Sure Wouldn't...

I bet the Hospital would take it though, bunch of greedy blood suckers they are!! Yup, They would.. Bill Paid in Full - that's how they'd look at it. Yup, Sure would...

Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM

16,771 posts, read 17,540,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Nope. Couldn't do it. Couldn't live with myself.
Same here.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,019,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I couldn't take the money - Nope, couldn't do it - Sure Wouldn't...

I bet the Hospital would take it though, bunch of greedy blood suckers they are!! Yup, They would.. Bill Paid in Full - that's how they'd look at it. Yup, Sure would...
Sure they would take it in a minute for sure. Ya turn it in and the cops keep it, claiming it has traces of drugs on it, so if there are relatives they have to sue to get the money back, or the hospital ends up with it. That seems how it works today.

I don't know, I don't trust the system doing the right thing with it. I'd almost feel like taking it and seeing if you can find a relative, see if they seem concerned about the guy before they know there is money, if they do give it to them. If they seem nasty and uncaring, then give it to a homeless shelter or a place that helps get the homeless off the streets something like that, so you yourself knows its doing some good. I certainly wouldn't keep it for myself, I really have a soft spot for down and out people, and animals.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,763,681 times
Would I keep it...oh heavens NO! My peace of mind is worth far more than $10,000. I've THOUGHT about doing things that others might consider dishonest and been eaten alive by guilt...the anxiety I feel when I even THINK of doing something dishonest, is more than I can handle. I can't imagine actually DOING them! ....the fear of getting caught, the anxiety of others knowing I'm dishonest...no, not something I'm going to risk.

Might I kick myself soundly, for walking away from an opportunity like that? I don't know...probably...? especially if I turned it over to someone and THEY got to keep it, because they found it!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,863,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Be honest?
Sounds like a crock to me.

This honestly did happen to me. I found out later about the money. The hospital I was working in was in a bad area and I'm totally surprised that the money didn't disappear before the incident. I know of a car being stolen by an employee that found a set of keys belonging to my coworker. I also know of a purse that was stolen from an RN. Ten thousand dollars is way to tempting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics