Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM

16,699 posts, read 17,470,117 times

Advertisements

Mrs Jezer here - fyi it's Jezer's Birthday today!!

(Just thought I'd sneak on and do that update.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,227,189 times
Excellent peeve today, Jezer!

In some ways I am much better off than either Bill Gates or Warren Buffet. I don't have to take extraordinary security precautions in order to live a quiet, normal life. I can only imagine what the Gates and Buffet "compounds" must be like and how much money they had to spend to make their homes secure. I don't worry that someone will snatch my grandchild and demand ransom. I don't have to fend off reporters or curiosity seekers. I can wear sloppy sweats all winter and not be thought of of "eccentric". No one is envious of me and all the money I have (or don't have). What I say never makes the national news so no one criticizes me for it. What's more I have enough to live on and I'm quite happy with what I have.

And a happy birthday to Mrs. Jezer.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 01-19-2012 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
People not realising how well off they are compared to others.

This is so true. I constantly hear people complaining about really small things. They don't have a clue about real hardship.

Yes..we all gripe and moan and groan occasionally, but we need to remember the big picture. There are so many people with so many bigger problems than a lot of us. I am so thankful I have never lost my home, possibly losing family and friends, and all my belongings from one of Mother Nature's storms. I cannot imagine how that must be.

I find it best to be realistic but still look on the bright side...every day. We all have things to be thankful for...every single day!!

Ditto on this one Lisa!!!!

I've worked with all kinds of people and their finances throughout the years. Just because they have material things doesn't mean that they are well off. I worked financing a new Cadillac for a couple who's debit to income ratio was shocking even to me. About all of their income when to monthly payments........I really don't know what they lived on but from outward appearances they looked as if they lived well. Sometimes it isn't what it appears to be!!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,284,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

Happy Birthday Jezer!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,432,143 times
Happy Birthday Jeezer

Last edited by ylisa7; 01-19-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,057,503 times
Any time I start a pity party for one, I just pull up the news and get a reality check. I woke up alive this morning - it's gonna be a great day.

PS Happy Birthday Jezer - 25, right?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,227,189 times
For the women here.......

Go spend 2 years in Saudi Arabia, as I did in the early 1990's, and you'll go back home grateful for the rest of your life that you were NOT born a female in a Muslim country. And this was long before we became so knowledgeable about what life can be like for a woman in a Muslim country. In many Muslim countries--the less "modern" ones--women have it much worse than they do in Saudi Arabia.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:24 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,838,227 times

It's a good peeve, Jezer. It's about the same here today. Same temperature, but at least I am warm, loved, well fed, live in a warfree zone, have good friends, and family. So really I am blessed, compared to 98% of the world, which has much less. A faulty internet connection is very annoying, but minute in comparison to what others live through on a daily basis. More is not always better either. Look at Steve Jobs for example--all the money in the world didn't save him in his battle with cancer.

Happy Birthday Jezer, hope you have a wonderful day. Hope the Jezer ladies have something special planned for you.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,289,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post

Compared to Bill Gates and Warren Buffet I'm not comparably well off...
BUT...you are so much more handsome!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,354,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

Happy Birthday my fellow Aquarian friend! Mine is next Sun

Have a great day with Mrs. J!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics