Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,392,204 times

Advertisements

Good evening all. Since I've been absent for quite a long while I hope you all had a great year!
My little baby Anni is almost 10 months now and got her first two teeth on Dec. 23rd - the perfect Christmas gift. Miguel is the perfect big brother.

Anyhoo', I just wanted to check in to wish you all a wonderful time before New Year's Eve!

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? We're having friends over with their son. Anni and their son Raphael will go to bed at 7, Miguel probably after dinner at 8 or 9 and we'll have quiet evening.

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" No, not really.

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? When I was singing and dancing like crazy for the kids. DH had that strange look on his face

Have a wonderfule NYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,037,511 times
Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Gong to my friend's New Year's Eve party where I'll be dancing on the tables and swinging from the chandeliers

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ?
A church I attended years ago had an awesome New Year's Eve celebration which they no longer do ... I remembered we prayed 30 minutes prior to countdown then we did the countdown and all these balloon and strobelights came on ... This was the Y2K. The next year's one was fun but no balloons or strobelights LOL! I do remember a fun song during the 2000-2001 event when they sang a fun praise song and we were doing this dance ... That was a great memory and these two events surpasses any other NYE ...

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ?
The ones from my childhood as my family did not go out or make any big deal out of it ... I celebrated with Dick Clark instead

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?"
Nope ... Do things differently each year

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ?
Nope ... In fact, I'll be writing 2011 until February as usual

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ?
Everything I say and do makes my family nervous

Last edited by Chatteress; 12-30-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 12:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,911,835 times
Sunny and in the mid-60s today in the NV desert.

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Nothing really -- TV then bed way before midnight.

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? We always used to see the New Year in at our beach cottage at Cooks Beach, New Zealand.

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ? One of our first NYE parties in the US, we got a sitter who called us at about 10 p.m. to say that both kids were throwing up! Rushed home and spent the rest of the night helping the kids and doing laundry!

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ? Back in Wisconsin I would go out to dinner with friends and always be home by 10 p.m.

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? Just wrote a check to the IRS dated January 1, 2012 -- where did the year go?!

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? When I said "raise" at the poker table last night.

You know you have it good when you're healthy!

Thanks for the questions KwaK and happy Friday everyone.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,897,837 times

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ?

Night out dancing!

Black-eyed peas

Bonus Question:

Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525 - YouTube

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ?
Go ahead and make my day...

Just for Fun:

I know some of you are missing the fill in the blanks questions so.......

You know you have __________ when you__________ ?

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
1924 - Edwin Hubble announces existence of other galactic systems
1963 - "Let's Make A Deal," debuts on NBC-TV
1970 - Paul McCartney sues his bandmates to dissolve the Beatles
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:

dithyrambic \ dith-uh-RAM-bik \ , adjective;
1. Wildly enthusiastic.

Today is:

National Bicarbonate of Soda Day
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day
Thanks Kwak!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:09 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,732 times
Hi!

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Nothing special...

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? Well, last year was interesting since I was at the hospital after giving birth to my daughter... I was only allowed to have chicken broth and the cafeteria was closed so hubby could only get "food" from the vending machine... But it was the best NYE ever because we were a family...

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ? No

Extra Credit Question:

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
2010: Sudcaro's daughter, aka Baby Suds, was born.

Have a great day!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,550,005 times
Good afternoon all! I've had quite the busy day and and stopping to catch my breath for round 2

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Taking my MIL out to breakfast, coming back and getting the motorcycle to take a ride with my honey, then home. Jury is still out if we're going to friends for the countdown.

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" Not so much anymore...I think we'll start one of listing our blessing of the year

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? At my job we are already in 2012 so I've done it quite a few times since Oct 1

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

You know you have __no life___ when you__go into work on a holiday just so you can get a start on the next day___ ? I am guilty.....I've been off since before Christmas and have to go back for one day on Tuesday...I went to get things sorted so I could have a more productive day when I get there.

Today in History:

1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV We would watch this every Sunday evening!

Have a great eveing everyone!!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,039,877 times
Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? A friend of mine from Montana is in town this weekend so I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing just yet.

NYE 1999. Me and several of my friends hosted a huge NYE bash at a friends house. We did a disco theme and everyone dressed up in disco attire (about 30 people showed up). I wore a pink leisure suit and white shoes....I looked like Austin Powers....lol.

Pretty much any NYE when I was a kid. My parents rarely attended any NYE parties and when they did, me and my siblings were stuck at home with a babysitter...lol.

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" No

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? Not yet!

Extra Credit Question:

It was probably when I said I was going to cook something for Christmas this year. Everyone who knows me knows I can't cook. What I actually meant to say that I was going to bring something that was already prepared. All I had to do was warm it up in the oven...lol.

Just for Fun:

You know you have __________ when you__________ ?

I hope everyone has a great New Year's weekend!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 PM

44,651 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
[b]Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Gong to my friend's New Year's Eve party where I'll be dancing on the tables and swinging from the chandeliers
Will Chuck Barris be hosting your New years Eve "Gong' party, dancing on the tables etc... pictures please...

Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,835,730 times
Good morning everyone Good Afternoon for meHappy last Friday of 2011 Amazing
Wow I can't believe NYE is right upon us, where did this year go I don't know Thanks for today's question, kwak
I am sending each and everyone here on CD wishes for a new year filled with happiness, love and wonderful memory making experiences Here is back at you, KarlaToday's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Relaxing with friends..

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? Country NYE dances...
Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ? Most of them..it's not really a big deal for me.

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" Just getting together with friends.

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? Yes, on a few cards

Extra Credit Question:

I don't want to make people nervous....

Just for Fun:

You know you have lots of cousins when you have trouble remembering everyone's names...

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
dithyrambic \ dith-uh-RAM-bik \ , adjective;
1. Wildly enthusiastic.

Today is:
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day

Hope you are all have a wonderful Friday, folks. I've had a wonderful year with you all.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times
Today's Question(s):
As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ?
Don't really do much for New Year's so hard to answer these.
We're not drinkers.
Maybe watch a countdown on TV, maybe not.

Bonus Question:
Yes, a couple of times. Seems weird Will be old hat before you know it.

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:
You know you have kwak qotd when you have a f-i-t-b Q?

Today is:

Hoping everyone's weekend has whatever kind of bubbles they like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics