Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:35 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy last Friday of 2011
Happy Friday, and Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ?

The same thing that I do the other 364 nights of the year.

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ?

In 1976, a friend and I spent New Year's Eve in Times Square. It was a lot grittier back then, and the crowd was pretty rough. Also, the angle was such that from where we were standing, we couldn't even SEE the ball (or apple, I think it was) drop!

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ?

All the rest of them!

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?"

Nah. It's just not that big a deal to me.

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ?

Every day before I leave school, I write the next day's date on the board so that I don't have to do it in the morning. Before I left for Winter Break, I wrote "Monday, January 2, 2012."

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ?

Again, before leaving for Winter Break, I reminded the kids that exam week would be coming up right after we get back.

Just for Fun:

I know some of you are missing the fill in the blanks questions so.......

You know you have __________ when you__________ ?

You know you have good friends when you are hurting and they reach out to help you.

Thanks for the questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Good morning everyone
Happy last Friday of 2011

Wow I can't believe NYE is right upon us, where did this year go

I am sending each and everyone here on CD wishes for a new year filled with happiness, love and wonderful memory making experiences

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? I'm preparing for my annual NYE Party

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" It seems to get bigger and bigger every year

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? Nope

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? " "I'm not sure if this thing is working anymore"

Just for Fun:

You know you have _drunk too much when you_find a bible verse on your pillow?

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
1924 - Edwin Hubble announces existence of other galactic systems
1963 - "Let's Make A Deal," debuts on NBC-TV
1970 - Paul McCartney sues his bandmates to dissolve the Beatles
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:

dithyrambic \ dith-uh-RAM-bik \ , adjective;
1. Wildly enthusiastic.

Today is:

National Bicarbonate of Soda Day
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day

Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Happy New Year Karla!

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Going to one of my bff's and her family's.. May all be doing a sleep over!

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? Going to Times Square one year with my cousins! It was unbelievable...Didn't get home til 4am!

All good......EXCEPT when I got the chickenpox on New Year's when I was 6! That really stood out lol.
Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" Shrimp and lobstah and lots of apps!

Bonus Question:

Yes, in calligraphy that I love doing!

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? I am going skiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
1917 - It was -32 degrees F (-36 degrees C) in Mountain City, Tennessee and Lewisburg, WV (state records)
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV We are going summer of 2012 for a week!

Word of the Day:
1. Wildly enthusiastic.
I am so dithyrambic about life and the coming New Year in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Woooohooooooooooooooooooo! k:

Today is:
Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day[/quote]

Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 AM

151 posts, read 206,097 times
Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Still no idea!

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? Interesting? None really, just fun!

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ? There's a handful.

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ? Nope, Just get together with friends to bring in the new year.

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? Oh yes, I work in a doctor's office. I've been writing it almost all year!

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? I'm always making my boyfriend nervous lol. We're both very mischievous. We get on edge when we are around each other sometimes when we are in that rare mood

Old 12-30-2011, 06:49 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Happy last TGIF day of 2011 to everyone!!

Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? going to a house party

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? probably back in the day when we were younger and really partied, drank, and danced until almost sunrise!

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ? One year I drank too much....'nuff said!

Do /did you have any NYE traditions ?" no

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? not yet but I am on my way to work and most likely will be writing it today.

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ?

Just for Fun:

Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? Nothing.

[b]Most of them![/B
No

Bonus Question:

No

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

You know you have __gotten old________ when you___go to sleep before the ball drops

Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
oday's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ?
Nothing

Two come to mind. One year we spent the evening sitting and talking to an old widow, whose husband had died sometime that year at the nursing home. Nancy thought it would be nice to make sure she didn't spend the evening alone. No party, food, drinks, just the three of us sitting and talking until 9pm when our host needed to go to bed.
Maybe more memorable than that was New Years Eve 1999. Remember Y2K, when the world was going to stop working because computers didn't know that 19 was followed by 20? The company that owned the nursing home, at the time, decided that all administrators had to be in the facility to handle emergencies. So Nancy arranged a News Eve party for all 6 department heads in the dining room of the home. I was the only spouse there. At least she had food catered and I ate well.

Most of our NYE's were less exciting than those above. We were not party people.

NO

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? NO

Extra Credit Question:

I occasionally come up with something while announcing at the track that makes my boss a little nervous. One that I can think of is I have told people that after our racing fuel station closes "If you want gas after ---PM you have to stop by the place on 16th & Rockwell on your way home. They serve Chile 31 ways."

Just for Fun:

You know you have partied on NYE when you have to puree the shrimp cocktail for the other revelers at your party.

Today in History:
Too bad it didn't get to -40. That's the point where C & F are the same
1980 - "Wonderful World of Disney," last aired on NBC-TV

Word of the Day:

1. Wildly enthusiastic.

Today is:

Let's Make a Deal Day
Falling Needles Day
It's About Time! Day[/quote]

Old 12-30-2011, 07:03 AM

412 posts, read 679,605 times
As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? No big plans this year.

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences ? Had some pretty wild ones in college...

Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them ? The last few years have been quiet.... I tend to let the amateurs have at it.

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? File me an extension please!

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? I do things like that all day long, I like to keep people on their toes.

Just for Fun:

You know you have had a good time when you can't remember what you did! ?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Today's Question(s):
As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve? I'll be playing pinochle with several friends. (A real wild night - haha!) It may not be wild, but it'll be way fun.

Looking back what were some of your more "interesting" NYE experiences? When there's snow on the ground, my friends and I would always run outside at midnight, sans coats, and play in the snow and whoop and holler like a bunch of idiots. No snow this year, and a different group of friends this time. It'll be much more subdued.
Which ones could you say "not so much" when remembering them? None.
Do /did you have any NYE traditions?" See above.

Bonus Question:
Have you written the year 2012 yet? Yes; on a few documents at work which I've prepared but which won't be signed until next week.

Extra Credit Question:
lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? I don't know. Probably the last time I was asking for volunteers to do stuff at church.

Just for Fun:
You know you have __________ when you__________? I've got nothin'.

Word of the Day:
1. Wildly enthusiastic.
This describes me, sometime!

Today is:
National Bicarbonate of Soda Day Never tried the stuff. Sounds disgusting.
Let's Make a Deal Day That was a fun show back in its early days.
Falling Needles Day I've got some fallen and falling needles in my living room. I always decorate a real Christmas tree.
It's About Time! Day Ah, time. I'm hoping for some vacation time in the coming year.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-30-2011 at 07:18 AM..

Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Today's Question(s):

As the song goes "What are you doing New Year's Eve ? - LOL.. The same thing I've done on New Year's Eve for the last few years.... stay home, it's safer! Besides, it's tough to go out there and get wild, while walking on 2 crutches!

Bonus Question:

Have you written the year 2012 as of yet ? - No.. but I've Written off 2011 already!

Extra Credit Question:

lol What was the last thing you said or did that made folks a little "nervous" ? - Hmmm.. Whenever I ask a woman "Will You Marry Me?"... I'll have to try a different approach.. like get on my knees and propose.. Oh wait.. I can't do that yet until my right knee gets better... - Actually, I don't have to say anything, people get nervous when they first see me!

Just for Fun:

You know you have Drawn a blank when you Can't fill in the blanks... ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics