Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you do when you're driving and someone is tailgating you?
Nothing 17 22.67%
Go Faster 3 4.00%
Go Slower 30 40.00%
Other - explain below 25 33.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,165,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Whats different.

Note that this law refers to the "normal" speed of traffic, not the "legal" speed of traffic. The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right.

Only 2 states disagree, and guess what happens if you follow the rule of keep right. . . you aren't breaking a rule.
Go ahead and use the "normal" speed of traffic in front of the judge. Can you make the case that if you're on a road by yourself doing 100MPH that you are going the "normal" speed of traffic? (Outside of CA)

BTW You are less likely to get a ticket during rush hour because LE wants traffic to keep moving. So your local LE will look the other way as long as traffic is moving. Do the same thing during off peak hours or late at night and you'll likely see blue lights in your rear view mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,443 times
Quote:
What you witnessed was a person passing in the left lane stopping behind a non passing car obstructing the left lane...

The non driver holding up the left lane not passing was being given the opportunity to vacate the passing lane and then after the passing vehicle was tired of waiting for the non driver to vacate (wake the F up and DRIVE), then the non driver also decided "oh im supposed to get out of the left lane when not passing"
No one has ever crashed from that, i see that atleast 30 times a day...

Take that drama reasoning and stay home, hitting the brakes is a jerk off move and considered to be and is now a act of road rage and a law....

Leave that stupid advice in your head. . . .

Never seen a patrol car on your ass move to the right of you alerting you to move out of the way, hit your brakes for that too....or do like dick says with his good advice... light up the lens, get that 5 points road rage ticket. . .

READ the rules and follow them. . . . .not some stupid advice...

It's safer if YOU and those idiots just learn to DRIVE and not get in a vehicle again until they know wth they're supposed to do.
"No one has ever crashed from that"?? You're joking right. You mean to tell me out of the millions of accidents that happen every year, not one has been because of two people changing lanes simultaneously like that? You're getting ridiculous now. Even more than when you tried to convince me that doing 50mph down residential side streets was perfectly fine and the same as 30. Even though one carries a 95% chance of fatal injury vs 15%.

Give it a rest. Know your role, stay on the sidelines with the 94% other clueless drivers out there.

Tailgating - Useful Driving Terms - DriversEd.com

Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,205,012 times
I get out of the way if I can, I hate being trapped by people that have to go the exact speed limit.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 AM

999 posts, read 2,361,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
"No one has ever crashed from that"?? You're joking right. You mean to tell me out of the millions of accidents that happen every year, not one has been because of two people changing lanes simultaneously like that? You're getting ridiculous now. Even more than when you tried to convince me that doing 50mph down residential side streets was perfectly fine and the same as 30. Even though one carries a 95% chance of fatal injury vs 15%.

Give it a rest. Know your role, stay on the sidelines with the 94% other clueless drivers out there.

Tailgating - Useful Driving Terms - DriversEd.com

If you hit the car in front of you changing lanes the same time you do.....

you would be retarded, end of story

Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM

160 posts, read 317,575 times
Default Could he be....?

Quote:
If you hit the car in front of you changing lanes the same time you do.....

you would be retarded, end of story

LIMA,

Quite an impressive record, sir. Your posts are very entertaining to say the least. You are a well known figure on LI in terms of high speed operations, correct? I think I know who you are. Not sure, and I hope you don't mind if I ask here in a public forum...I'll be subtle. You have a Gold Business account at ACME, and you are in endless pursuit of a rare bird, correct? That is you, right?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,989,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
LIMA,

Quite an impressive record, sir. Your posts are very entertaining to say the least. You are a well known figure on LI in terms of high speed operations, correct? I think I know who you are. Not sure, and I hope you don't mind if I ask here in a public forum...I'll be subtle. You have a Gold Business account at ACME, and you are in endless pursuit of a rare bird, correct? That is you, right?

That and a beer belly, and you've got our guy.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM

39 posts, read 84,754 times
LIMA is providing all this infomation via texting while driving 50mph in the left lane of the LIE, keep your eyes on the road.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,827,540 times
if you tailgate me, you get brake checked into never never land. brake checking never fails to Moderator cut: language deleted the person being brake checked. its hilarious seeing their reactions.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-17-2011 at 10:14 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
LIMA,

Im sorry that isn't me, im just showing kay that 94% is a modest figure using all these clueless posts

Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays12 View Post
LIMA is providing all this infomation via texting while driving 50mph in the left lane of the LIE, keep your eyes on the road.

That would just never happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics