Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you do when you're driving and someone is tailgating you?
Nothing 17 22.67%
Go Faster 3 4.00%
Go Slower 30 40.00%
Other - explain below 25 33.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 PM

200 posts, read 457,563 times

Advertisements

Something stupid happened to me today. I was waiting at the light going straight and the lane left of me are people who are turning left.

Light turns green, I'm going straight...then this van from the left lane decides to go straight and gets infront of me...no signal, nothing.

Then while we're driving down the road, he/she gets up to this slow driver (2 lane road) and decides he/she doesn't want to be slow, he/she went around the double yellow line INFRONT OF A SCHOOL to get infront of the slow car.

Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM

200 posts, read 457,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
YO TO THE A HOLE THAT HIT ME A COUPLE NIGHTS AGO I DID NOT TAKE YOUR INFORMATION CUZ YOU WERE ONE CREEPY DUDE

I WAS GOING TO FOLLOW YOU AND GET YOUR LICENSE PLATE AND CALL THE VICE AND LATER EXTORT YOU FOR MONEY BUT

you got away before i could turn around quick enough...you looked creepy and there was no way i was going to talk to you on that dark road while it was raining, i like my reproductive organs just fine and do not want some Sandusky character trying to touch my thigh or what have you...

with that being said...

people on this island should learn to just chill out

1) you waste gas (if you were involved in oil and gas you would understand this better)
2) you are being unsafe to yourself (but you probably dont care about your health)
3) you are being unsafe to others (you really probably dont care)
4) you look dumb when you speed in front of me and then we both meet at the light 1 mile down the road...
5) get laid youll feel better
I don't know if I mentioned this before but I hate when I'm driving on a 2 lane road (both ways) that is about to turn into a 1 lane merger, the person behind me decides to get infront of me! right into the red light! How stupid can you get!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 06:30 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,813,282 times
next time you post, put "on long island" at the end of the post title so it wont get moved. everyone knows long island drivers dont drive well with others.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM

142 posts, read 265,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I tap the brakes or I put the emergency flasher on for a moment. If the tailgating contines I will pull over into another lane, or to the side of the road if its practical. While doing all this I fantasize about slamming on the brakes.
Eliminate your first and last sentence....then you'll have my respect. Fantasize all you want...but tapping your brakes and putting on your emergency flashers does nothing except possibly cause an accident...at that point, you're no better than the tailgater.

Move to another lane and yield to faster traffic or pull over to the side of the road briefly to let them pass if it's a one lane road. That is what is taught in driver education courses....that is what makes the most sense.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,085,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What I'd like to know is who is in the 2% on this thread that don't need to be educated as per your opinion? I know it ain't me!
No one, all of the 2% he knows personally and they go to driver training courses to make sure the instructor is teaching it correctly.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:35 AM

999 posts, read 2,361,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What I'd like to know is who is in the 2% on this thread that don't need to be educated as per your opinion? I know it ain't me!

Re-read this , well that might not work, read something on driving 1st, then re-read this and it will be clear

Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 AM

39,015 posts, read 23,016,803 times
I just maintain my speed and let the other driver pass. I usually ignore him/her as (s)he is passing me, so I don't know if I get dirty looks or the bird--or both.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,338,327 times
If someone didn't leave their house soon enough to get to their destination at the preferred time....it's THEIR problem. They can tailgate as long as they wish and the speed I prefer.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:31 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,841,869 times
I just drive along. If they are getting close enough that I think they might hit me, I slow down a little more to let them pass me, if the other lanes are clear for them to pass. Occasionally, I give them the look, just to let them know that I am not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics