Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 06:02 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,248,121 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it and if so what was it?

Nope.

I should have not wasted my time getting into a pointless debate with someone on another forum yesterday.

Bonus Question(s):

Celebrity fragrances....Have you ever tried any or use any on a regular basis

Nope. No way do I want to smell like Howie Mandel. Can you imagine wanting to smell like Lindsay Lohan? Who wants to smell like a drunk?

Do you have any desperate housewives on your block?

If we do, they haven't confided in me....

Bonus Question:

Last movies you saw that brought a tear to your eye?

Last night we watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'm not sure if it brought a tear, but there was a moment when I felt sad for the chickens!

Just for Fun:

What vegetable do you most resemble?

An onion, I guess. I have lots of layers. But I'm a sweet onion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,625,830 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it and if so what was it? Not that I can remember.

I should have finished my work yesterday. Now I have to work on the holiday weekend. Boo.

Bonus Question(s):

Celebrity fragrances....Have you ever tried any or use any on a regular basis?
Nope. I can't stand perfumes.

Do you have any desperate housewives on your block? Actually, I don't think we do, although there are a few I guess I'm not sure about. Hmmm.

Bonus Question:

Last movies you saw that brought a tear to your eye? Oh geez, it seems like everything does now. I don't remember what it was.. dh is the one that turns on the TV and I don't usually pay attention.. but there was a sweet little baby on last night and it made me tear up! Stupid, I know. I'm afraid to watch TV in front of people lately!

Just for Fun:

What vegetable do you most resemble? OK, even after spending time looking at pics of veggies on line, I still don't know. I'll ask dh. He'll LOVE that question. I can hear it now... "What? Is this a trick?" LOL

Old 09-03-2011, 06:33 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,400,502 times
Hi there Big Mike

Merry Saturday

I just took some maple syrup back to Costco after using it. They guarantee ur satisfaction.

I should have done something yesterday...

Last movie I saw that made me cry was THE HELP.

Love veggies all, but tomatoes / salad I eat allot.

love and peace

Old 09-03-2011, 06:34 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,463,741 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it and if so what was it?

Yes. Only once. It was a bottle of Georgio that had gone over.

I should have gone to the grocery store yesterday.

Bonus Question(s):

Celebrity fragrances....Have you ever tried any or use any on a regular basis? Yes. I wear Passion by Elizabeth Taylor.

Do you have any desperate housewives on your block? Nope. We're all too old. LOL

Bonus Question:

Never Let Me Go.

Just for Fun:

Strange facts:

The "bumpers" on the bottom of toilet seats are called "buculets."
Actor Michael Keaton's real name is Michael Douglas
At age 70, an impressive 73 percent of men are still potent.
Pumpkins also come in white, blue and green

Have a safe and fabulous holiday weekend, everyone!

Old 09-03-2011, 06:43 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,786,333 times
Just asked hubby what vegetable I most resembled and he came up with a zucchini! LOL!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:07 AM

27,508 posts, read 27,542,288 times
I've never bought something then take it back unless it was for a legitimate reason, like it didn't fit.
I don't do expensive perfumes, I have a couple of favourites from Avon that were given to me.
No room for desperate housewives in this area, everyone pretty much knows everyone and we're pretty simple country folks.
A vegetable that most resembles me, I'd probably have to say mushrooms because there are so many ways of preparing it, cooked or uncooked.
I didn't know that about Micheal Keaton!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,932,918 times
Overcast, with more rain in the forecast in WI today.

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it and if so what was it? Yes -- a laptop computer. Thought it was going to be much better than my old one, but it wasn't.

I should have taken a nap yesterday.

Celebrity fragrances....Have you ever tried any or use any on a regular basis? Nope.

Do you have any desperate housewives on your block? One of my WI neighbors is desperate to sell her condo -- does this count?

Last movies you saw that brought a tear to your eye? Wow -- it's been a long time -- but probably "Up".

What vegetable do you most resemble? A sweet potato, but I'd rather be a string bean.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,005,492 times
Good morning everyone!

Today's Question(s):

I can't remember the last time I brought something back for a refund. That process can be more frustrating than the disappointment in the defective item itself!

I should have _returned some calls I've been putting off_ yesterday.

Bonus Question(s):

No! I don't support celebrity endorsed products for the most part.

I honestly don't know what a desperate housewife is... I guess I'm out of touch on this one.

Bonus Question:

I can't seem to get through the latter parts of "Field of Dreams" without the dust in the room sparking up and irritating my eye a little bit.

Just for Fun:

Holy cow! I've got no idea.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times
Today's Question(s):
No.

I should have had my head examined yesterday.

Bonus Question(s):
No.

Bonus Question:

Just for Fun:
If out in the sun too long, a beet.

Have a day that's tops!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 AM

54,516 posts, read 34,005,319 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it and if so what was it? - It's been a while... and no Nitram, it wasn't a Victoria's Secret store..

I should have ______________ yesterday. - Whatever it was, I'll do it today... or next year...

Bonus Question(s):

Celebrity fragrances....Have you ever tried any or use any on a regular basis? - Celebrity fragrances? A drunk celebrity bumped into me one time and I smelled like him for a couple of days.. Actually, I never cared for that stuff.

Do you have any desperate housewives on your block? - LOL.. No, but you have a desperate bachelor looking for a wife... and when she gets married, she won't be desperate!

Bonus Question:

Last movies you saw that brought a tear to your eye? - It brought a few tears to my eyes after I paid a lot of money at the movie theater.. and the movie sucked! Actually, it's very tough to bring tears to my eyes, but the movie was The Passion Of The Christ.

Just for Fun:

What vegetable do you most resemble? - I have no idea... A fresh vegetable(???)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics