Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,878,062 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:

There’s been a lot of talk lately about ‘ceilings’ and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!” A staff member at school. She had a "secret party" for selected staff. If you want to have a party with only some people, fine. Don't go around passing out invitations telling people not to tell others. It didn't bother me. She's one of those people you expect things like this from. More like a teen than a 40 something mother of two. It did bother some of the younger staff and I felt bad that they were feeling left out. Oh, and no. I was not invited.

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ‘adult’ throwing a fit like a 2 year old?
Some adults in restaurants. Once I was in a restaurant in Maine and a man was having a fit about the music. It was jazz. Old jazz. He demanded the music be changed or he would leave. The manager politely refused to change the music and the man left.

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol?
No, I was taught better.

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders” Reading something a guy I know posted online. He was talking about being an excellent athlete in school. Three time state wrestling champ, scouted by the Red Sox..... none of it true.

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like

Did ya hold your nose and eat it, or ‘decline’? Hasn't happened to me.

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog? Probably when I was learning to cook. This makes me remember when a friend of my mothers made us pancakes. I don't know what she did, but even the dog wouldn't eat them.

When’s the last time you changed a diaper?
About half an hour ago. I have my 10 mo. old granddaughter for the day. She's taking a nap.

Just For Fun

What will you miss the most when the summer is over? Summer concerts on the green.

What will you not miss when we roll into fall? Heat & humidity.

Enjoy your weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,226,615 times
Today's Questions:

There’s been a lot of talk lately about ‘ceilings’ and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!”

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ‘adult’ throwing a fit like a 2 year old?

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol?

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders”

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like

Did ya hold your nose and eat it, or ‘decline’?

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog?

When’s the last time you changed a diaper?
a couple days maybe...

Just For Fun

What will you miss the most when the summer is over?
All the lovely hellish temperatures...

What will you not miss when we roll into fall?

Total all out drought.....

Today in History:

1729- City of Baltimore founded
1942- Franklin D. Roosevelt signs bill creating women's Navy auxiliary agency (WAVES) Wave!
1956- U.S. motto, In God We Trust, authorized.... k:...
1974- House Judiciary Committee votes on 3rd and last charge of "high crimes and misdemeanors" to impeach President Nixon in the Watergate cover-up
1975- Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa disappears in suburban Detroit
1988- Harry Drake shoots arrow record 1873m Cupid Ba*****

Word of the Day:

Gazump\guh-ZUHMP\, verb;
1. To cheat (a house buyer) by raising the price, at the time a contract is to be signed, over the amount originally agreed upon.

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day
International Comedy Day
National WAVES Day
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day

Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 PM

54,511 posts, read 33,986,194 times
Today's Questions:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!”
It's been a couple of decades, I don't even remember who the person was.

When there's alcohol at a public event, like a football or baseball game, that's sure to happen, and I've witnessed a couple of them.

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol? - Nope.

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders”

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like - Can't think of any such instances.

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog?
Of course... and I wasn't experimenting, I just messed it up..

When’s the last time you changed a diaper? - I don't think I've ever done that..

Just For Fun:

What will you miss the most when the summer is over? -
What will you not miss when we roll into fall?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,392,171 times
I observed a man today tormenting his son in Dillards and I wanted to say grow up as he mocked his son's whining for the purpose of public humiliation. Yes indeed I have seen adults behave badly in public and I must confess I have a few times in Walmart...LOL

I have been to dinner and was served something that look and smelled unappetizing. If is appropriate I decline or I ask for very little, but if I know the person well enough I may say I don't like blah blah blah.

I have experimented with a recipe that went bad, but the dogs always eat it... They love my experimentations.

I will not miss the summer heat... what I will miss in not having to take my son to and from school every week day.

Happy Saturday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics