Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:45 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,702,910 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:

You just got tapped by a new political party to run for any office of your choice, which seat would you run for?
I have no desire to run for any political office so I'd have to decline

What would be one thing you’d pledge to do?

In Plain Sight

What was the last thing you ‘lost’ that was sitting in plain sight?
My sunglasses of course

Where was it?
On the coffee table

Where is the most ‘unique’ place you have found a misplaced item?
in the refrigerator

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!”
I'm drawing a blank on this one

Just For Fun

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did?
Nope, never have

What was it?

Today is:
International Be Silly Day..................no problem there
National Hot Dog Night.....................eh, doesn't sound too good right now
National Turn Off Your Phone Day.....I just did
Make a Mime Talk Day......................by punching him in the nose?

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 07-16-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,762,033 times
Today's Questions:

You just got tapped by a new political party to run for any office of your choice, which seat would you run for?
Minister of Justice

Stop treating criminals with kid gloves and make them do personal reparations/redress for their crimes, i.e., fix what they damage, work to replace what they steal, etc.

In Plain Sight

What was the last thing you ‘lost’ that was sitting in plain sight? Reading glasses

Where was it? On the end table, where I'm sure I looked at least twice. They were tucked by the side of a book.

Where is the most ‘unique’ place you have found a misplaced item? Bag of frozen peas, in the pantry. Must have been during an absent-minded moment

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!” A stocky young girl with colourful tattoos on the front of her thighs in a very tight, very short skirt. The whole ensemble was just wrong.

Just For Fun

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did? No.

Last edited by Vichel; 07-16-2011 at 06:49 AM..

Old 07-16-2011, 05:53 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,541,562 times
National Hot Dog Night!

Old 07-16-2011, 05:56 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Good Morning. Thank you Joy for doing the QOD.

You just got tapped by a new political party to run for any office of your choice, which seat would you run for? I hate politics and like politicians even less. You can keep it.

What would be one thing you’d pledge to do? Well we really all need a swift kick in the butt and a wakeup call but I'm not going to do it

The first thing I would do would be to fire them all...and start over

What was the last thing you ‘lost’ that was sitting in plain sight? I don't remember but my hubby loses his glasses in plain sight quite often, lol.

Where was it? In his pocket

Where is the most ‘unique’ place you have found a misplaced item? I just found a hundred dollar bill in one of my books I don't remember putting it there, lol.

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!”
I'm not sure about that but I can't stomach watching surgeries on TV, or animal and child abuse.

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did?

Nah...my dreams are too strange to become reality

Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,459,642 times
Today's Questions:

There is no way I would ever run for political office.

What would be one thing you’d pledge to do? n/a

In Plain Sight

My cell phone.

Where was it? This is the absolute truth: I was talking on it.

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!” A shopper at Walmart.

Just For Fun

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did? Yes

What was it? A scene in a museum in New Orleans

Today in History:

1439- Kissing is banned in England (to stop germs from spreading)
1790- The District of Columbia, or Washington, D.C., was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government.
1935- 1st automatic parking meter in U.S. installed, Oklahoma City OK
1951- Novel "Catcher in Rye" by J. D. Salinger published
1969- Apollo 11, carrying 1st men to land on Moon, launched and what a trip that was.

Word of the Day:

re·lax·a·tion/ri-lak-sāSHən/ Noun
1. The state of being free from tension and anxiety.
2. Recreation or rest, esp. after a period of work.

Today is:
International Be Silly Day
National Hot Dog Night
National Turn Off Your Phone Day
Make a Mime Talk Day

Old 07-16-2011, 06:09 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,001,917 times
Good morning all! Woke up to a dreary, wet view out the window this morning. But it's the weekend, so who cares??? Hopefully it will dry up soon and I can go for a ride later on after the Honey-do's.

Today's Questions:

I'd run for a seat in the Senate or Congress. I figure that if these current ones can do it and make a career of it, then electing people who possess integrity and who use their brain for the right reasons should be able to make a positive difference!

Apply the Golden Rule in all my actions.

In Plain Sight

Where was it?
A small notepad with important financial numbers on it.

Actually, I have an opposite problem. I hid two credit cards in my den because I was going away and didn't want to leave them "out". For the life of me, I can't find them! This has been since January. I know that they're here somewhere.

Nothing comes to mind. (Lucky for my eyes, I guess!)

Just For Fun

What was it?
Nope. Can't say that I've experienced this.

Today is:
National Hot Dog Night Hot dogs right off the grill are great!
National Turn Off Your Phone Day Can we do this everyday?
Make a Mime Talk Day Does a mime always have to "go into" Mc Donalds? No drive-thru for them!

Have a good weekend!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:19 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,438,508 times
Good Morning

Today's Questions:

You just got tapped by a new political party to run for any office of your choice, which seat would you run for? President

What would be one thing you’d pledge to do? Get rid of all the lazy, good for nothing, money hungry azz's currently in office

In Plain Sight

What was the last thing you ‘lost’ that was sitting in plain sight? cell phone last night

Where was it? on the couch next to me

Where is the most ‘unique’ place you have found a misplaced item? something that belonged in the frig. but it was in the pantry

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!” Threading a needing

Just For Fun

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did? Yes

What was it?

Today is:
National Hot Dog Night
National Turn Off Your Phone Day
Make a Mime Talk Day

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Last edited by Bella52; 07-16-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 AM

44,757 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Today's Questions:

You just got tapped by a new political party to run for any office of your choice, which seat would you run for? Toilet seat.

What would be one thing you’d pledge to do? Clean out all the crap.

In Plain Sight

What was the last thing you ‘lost’ that was sitting in plain sight? My mind.

Where was it? Dunno, it's still lost.

Where is the most ‘unique’ place you have found a misplaced item? In a tree.

What (or who) was the last thing you saw where you wanted to shout “MY EYES! MY EYES!” When I see Lady GaGa, anywhere.

Just For Fun

Have you ever had a dream or premonition that an event was going to happen and it did? Yes.

What was it? A stinkin' political dream.

Today is:
International Be Silly Day...

Okay, it is 'be silly day', isn't it, enjoy the laughter...

Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,528,640 times
Today's Questions:

Probably Democrat, and probably attempt to come up with some new system that funneled funds from war to education and the like, and then I would try to revamp the money system.

I would pledge to make pacts with other countries to gradually move towards a world government.

In Plain Sight

I'm blind, this happens to me all the time.

Where was it?

Five seconds ago I lost a piece of paper I was holding onto for school.

My metro card on my bed--don't ask me how it got there!

Lol when other people say that I tend to say things like "Thank God I'm blind!"

Just For Fun

Yep.

What was it?

Friend's foot getting run over by a car. I had a premonition 5 minutes before but had no idea of the time frame so I didn't know to take action to avoid it from happening literally right away. Now I know better.

Today in History:

1439- Kissing is banned in England (to stop germs from spreading)
1790- The District of Columbia, or Washington, D.C., was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government. Yep, that's my hometown!
1935- 1st automatic parking meter in U.S. installed, Oklahoma City OK
1951- Novel "Catcher in Rye" by J. D. Salinger published
1969- Apollo 11, carrying 1st men to land on Moon, launched

Word of the Day:

re·lax·a·tion/ri-lak-sāSHən/ Noun
1. The state of being free from tension and anxiety.
2. Recreation or rest, esp. after a period of work.

I could use some of this. I've been up at 6 AM and asleep by 1 AM every night this past week.

Today is:
National Hot Dog Night
National Turn Off Your Phone Day Whoops I do this without needing a day, lol.
Make a Mime Talk Day Lol I do this too.

Enjoy your Saturday, folks!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:53 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,287,644 times
Today's Questions:

Governor. If the next President is the one I'm hoping for, the governors will have the most important job in the country.

Make my right to work state more friendly for business (and therefore bring jobs in by getting companies to move here) by taking a look at business taxes and all regulations and eliminating many regulations and simplifying others.

In Plain Sight

It's usually my cell phone. I think I still have a landline just so I can call my cell phone to discover where I left it in my home.

Where was it?

On the bathroom sink in the bathroom I don't use except for charging my camera batteries. I must have taken the cell phone off the clip to my jeans pocket to get a spare battery out of the same pocket, so I could charge it after a photography outing, then forgot to grab the cell phone when I walked away.

The generic "in a safe place." I can't tell you the number of times this "mastermind" has deliberately put something "in a safe place" and then forgot where that safe location was. I do much better locating things in chaos than the deliberate "safe place."

A policeman friend took my then husband and I on a car ride on the sand on a nude beach he used to patrol. Could have done without that.

Just For Fun

Yes.

What was it?

While sleeping I felt very cold hands gripping my forearm and saw that person's face and woke up very upset about it and the very next day we found out she had died. She was elderly but not sick or in bad shape before she died. And she wasn't my relative but the relative of my then fairly new husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics