Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,400,502 times

Advertisements

I feel ya on this one Chatteress, I too struggle... What does help me is a list and prioritizing that list. Now it has not cured me, but I get somethings done that have to be done. Good luck and if u figure it out please "hollah at yo gurl"- (that's slang for please teach me) LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM

839 posts, read 2,426,627 times
I have the same tendency.....I've found a good philosophy to beo that which sucks most first, then everything else seems easy....

Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 AM

839 posts, read 2,426,627 times
Sorry... Smilies are going nuts for some reason.....

Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,059,067 times
Procrastinating is scary! however I’ve learned that if you relax it’s helpful. For an example, if there’s a project that needs attention ~ I can lay down beside the very difficult & hard job and not be afraid to fall asleep.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 PM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Hi, my name is Chatteress and I'm a procrastinator ...

Seriously, I struggle with procrastination especially when it involves a task that I dread. Often times, I put the task off til the last moment which I know isn't healthy stress-wise and my best foot isn't put forward in completing tasks. Tomorrow night, I have a presentation and I'm STILL struggling to put the outline together. I honestly wish that I wasn't such a procrastinator and had this thing put together weeks ago!

Any tips, strategies or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks for allowing me to vent!
I'm no help, as I do the same thing. I'm a serious procrastinator. However, I find I do my best work under that last-minute pressure. On the rare occasion when I complete a large task ahead of time, particularly a writing project, it seems to be less than my best. I seem to thrive on the edge, when it comes to getting things done.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 PM

23,491 posts, read 29,426,471 times
Sometimes, procrastinations can save you money.

When it comes to annoying or painful bodily events, I'm always surprised how time has come to my rescue any number of times, time being one of the greater of all healers. If I had rushed off to a Dr., who knows what they would have prescribed, or misdiagnosed! There lies my greatest foot dragging!

My car was doing some chugging last week. I do realize cars are like people, and if you don't give them enough exercise, they can get sluggish or get rebellious.

So last night, playing Car Dr., I took it on a very long 50 mile drive around the Beltway at a steady 75MPH and by the end of the drive it was purring like a kitten. Since I only drive it 2 days a week, for short drives to work, I just think it needed a carbon clean-out! And to think I almost took it to a mechanic.

I always wait for the very last second, and when that intersection is crossed, my energy level skyrockets, and it finally gets done with lightning speed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics