Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:34 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,675,083 times

Advertisements

thanks for hosting dude!

In honor of all the cook-outs and picnics this weekend.
Which way do you eat corn on the cob? pretty much any of the below except i never cut it off or eat only right to left. Some people also have preferences for starting in the middle or the pointy or base end.
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents?part-time was babysitting, full-time was toy store

In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? oh man, i can tell you this - plenty of times i've embarked on a story only to realize partway through that i shouldn't be telling THIS story to THAT person

So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? spontaneously do something that makes me laugh

Word of the day
Decafalon:* n The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only beverages with no caffeine heehee - will have to tell my husband about this - his nightmare!

Today is:
International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up perfect timing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,063,797 times
Happy Saturday, everyone!!!

Today's Question(s):
Which way do you eat corn on the cob?
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

I eat it left to right, and I eat very neatly, separating each kernel completely from the cob. Unless it's too delicious and then I just dive in and make a mess.

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents?

Lemonade/cookie stand. It was a serious entrepreneurial venture--I made almost $300 from it.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget?

Hee hee more times than I can remember.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 AM

483 posts, read 858,309 times
Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only Boy it's been awhile since I've had corn on the cob. I usually eat it left to right.
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? Boston market. I was in high school and couldn't stand the customers.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Of course..

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? Wash the floors.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:13 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,993,427 times
Good morning all. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only That's me!
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? I had three paper routes when I was 11 y.o. (morning, afternoon, and the twice a week free paper.)

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Sometimes at work, you need to leave off "the rest of the story" so a situation doesn't get blown out of proportion for the wrong reasons.

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick?
We'd be happy if he went around the entire house once a week, picking up, putting away, straightening up, etc.

Today in History:
1957 Ford Motor Co introduces Edsel E-Day. Too bad it didn't go over so well. I think a lot of people would LOVE to own an Edsel now!
1991 Rte 35 Theater in Hazlit closes, last drive-in in NJ Actually it's on Hwy 36 in Hazlet. After it closed, they built a BJ's Warehouse or something like that on the site. DW & I spent many a Saturday evening at that Drive In when we were dating and freshly married. Good times!!!

Today is:
International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up Well, there ya go!
Newspaper Carrier Day That was me many moons ago!
Oatmeal Day Hmmm, I can go for some oatmeal, walnut, raisin cookies today!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 AM

543 posts, read 592,129 times
Today's Question(s):
Which way do you eat corn on the cob? I don't think I ever really pay attention.

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? Chopping wood

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Most likely yes

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick?

Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,372,478 times
Good morning, Studedude, and thanks for covering for Karla today! We're glad to see you back to guest-hosting here; I know I'm not the only one who has thought a lot about you lately.

We're getting an advance hint of fall today: the overnight low last night was in the low 40s, and today's high is only forecast to be about 64. It's a brilliantly clear day, too, with all the things I love about autumn. Yay!

Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
You know, I never really realized it, but now that I think of it, left-to-right is always how I eat my corn on the cob. Interesting question!
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:

I worked in a meat market as a cashier. The owner paid me less than minimum wage, and a few years later, got caught by the Wage & Hours people for underpaying his help. He had to send me a make-up check, to make up the shortfall between what he paid me and the minimum wage at the time. It was a nice little surprise, and paid for a semester's worth of books in my second year of college.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget?

I don't think so; I usually have the opposite problem, and tell people more than they really want to know.

Just for Fun:

Gee, do you think it's possible to teach a monkey how to give a good massage? That would be my first choice!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,730,582 times
Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

It depends. Whichever way helps me eat it I guess.

Bonus Question:
It was a big Halloween retailer.

Extra Credit Question:
Once or twice.

Just for Fun:
To turn into something else, because I don't like monkeys.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Today's Question(s):

Left to right only
This one.

Bonus Question:
Delivering newspapers early in the AM.

Extra Credit Question:
I really don't know.

Just for Fun:
Well, none of KwaK's fabulous fairies have shown up because they were having a party at a secret location in AK. So, I still need some yard work done. so that's what I'll pick.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,715,860 times
[quote=studedude;15751862]I'm back. Thank you to all those who had kind and supportive words over the last month. Are you ready for the last weekend of summer. You need to make sure you have charcoal, propane, burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob but first answer

Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left Typewriter style.
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? Babysit and stocked a health food store.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? I don't think I've kept any one awake nights on end.

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? That monkey would be cleaning the house, or we'd have to spank it!

Have a great end of Summer, (thank goodness) weekend!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,358,306 times
Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents?Cashier at a grocery store

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Ha! I know my husband put you up to this question and I plead the fifth on how that pair of shoes ended up in my closet or how the car got that dent or how I REALLY injured my knee!

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? Pay my bills with this own monkey money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics