Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:19 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,035,635 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
In honor of all the cook-outs and picnics this weekend.
Which way do you eat corn on the cob?
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off
I have no set way to eat corn on the cob. Sometimes side to side. Other times around and around. I even sometimes cut it off.

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents?
When I was 12 I had a job working at a general store. There were days the owner would take off and I would be there by myself. More than once while there on my own I would sell a rifle. The same people that owned the store also owned the lodge across the street. I would go there for lunch. It was free if I stocked the beer cooler while they were fixing my lunch. Finally, the same people owned the power company. Once in a while I would degrease the generators. My employement pretty much violated every child labor law ever written.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget?
Has happened more than once. Was intentional.

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick?
I will pass on the monkey. It would be just my luck it would have lots of bad habits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:28 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,215,496 times
Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only, but that depends on the vantage point and whether I'm holding it backwards or not.
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question :
Painting the interior of a sign business.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? No, I didn't forget....I just decided it isn't important enough to finish it.

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? The monkey would go and keep the cat litter box clean and tidy.

Today in History:
1886 Apache Chief Geronimo surrenders ending the last major American-Indian war.
1893 English author Beatrix Potter first tells the story of Peter Rabbit.
1951 First transcontinental TV broadcast, by US President Truman
19 57 Ford Motor Co introduces Edsel
1972 American swimmer, Mark Spitz, becomes first athlete to win 7 Olympic gold medals.
1991 Rte 35 Theater in Hazlit closes, last drive-in in NJ We still have them here...what's up, New Jersey?

We said hello to:
1917 Henry Ford II, automaker (Ford Motor Co)
1918 Paul Harvey, Tulsa OK, Radio broadcaster.
1949 Tom Watson, Kansas City, MO, golfer.

We said goodbye to:
1965 Albert Schweitzer, 90, German/French missionary, (1954 Nobel)Who gives a ____.
1975 Walter Tetley, 60, cartoon voice (Sherman on Rocky & Bullwinkle)
1993 Herve Villechaize, 50, actor (Fantasy Island) self inflected gunshot.
What an idiot

Word of the day
Decafalon:* n The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only beverages with no caffeine

Today is:
International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up
Newspaper Carrier Day
Oatmeal Day

Last edited by rainroosty; 09-04-2010 at 01:53 AM..

Old 09-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,174,051 times
Good Mornig!

Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off
We just had some roasted corn at an EastEnd Farm..OMG~It was so delish!

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? babysitting

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? I can't get an edge in with one sister. Boy does she like to talk..So now she'll never know the end of my story..but I don't think she cares!

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick?
I hate hate hate monkeys..my kids will tell you that...'cause I talk about that all the time!
The monkeys trick can be to disappear!

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:08 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,504,072 times
I love these 'early morning' questions (mid-evening for me)... means I can answer while my brain is still more-or-less plugged in. Welcome back Studedude.

Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

I've always been a messy corn eater... I just attack it any old how. Disadvantage... makes a mess; advantage... you find areas you missed. Don't usually eat it in front of others due to the mess!

Bonus Question:
Babysitting from the age of around 14 - for the equivalent of 25 cents an hour. Then I had a Saturday job working in the local newsagents... for about a dollar for the whole day. It seemed reasonable at the time LOL.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Yes, I've done that... but only once or twice.

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? Massage my shoulders while I'm on the computer (which is most of the day)!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day holiday weekend... glad to hear on the news the Hurricane Earl wasn't quite the Big Baddy they thought he'd be.

Last edited by Kobber; 09-04-2010 at 04:18 AM..

Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,756,763 times
[quote=studedude;15751862]I'm back. Thank you to all those who had kind and supportive words over the last month. Are you ready for the last weekend of summer. You need to make sure you have charcoal, propane, burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob but first answer

Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? I can't remember whether it was being a cashier at Mickey D's or a telemarketer.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone ?The rest of the story? and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? No

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick?Wash the windows.

Today in History:
1886 Apache Chief Geronimo surrenders ending the last major American-Indian war.
1972 American swimmer, Mark Spitz, becomes first athlete to win 7 Olympic gold medals.
1991 Rte 35 Theater in Hazlit closes, last drive-in in NJ

We said hello to:

We said goodbye to:
1965 Albert Schweitzer, 90, German/French missionary, (1954 Nobel)
1993 Herve Villechaize, 50, actor (Fantasy Island) self inflected gunshot. "Boss, the plane!"

Word of the day
Decafalon:* n The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only beverages with no caffeine

Today is:
International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up
Newspaper Carrier Day
Oatmeal Day

Nice job studedude.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:58 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,376,274 times

Today's Question(s):
I can’t eat corn, so I avoid it from all directions. Mrs. Cncracer who loves it will cut it off the cob, but Ms. Cncracer Jr. likes to chomp down on the cob. I am not sure which direction she chomps from, but would guess right to left.
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
Working for a utility company in my teens.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget?
If I did it was because I did not have the time, or just thought it was not important.

Just for Fun:
I think I would have him answer the door and deal with those unwanted solicitors. If he had any free time after that he could deal with the ones who call all the time. I am getting tired of all the political calls which don’t seem to be blocked by the No Call list.

Today in History:
1991 Rte 35 Theater in Hazlit closes, last drive-in in NJ

We said hello to:

We said goodbye to:
1965 Albert Schweitzer, 90, German/French missionary, (1954 Nobel)
1993 Herve Villechaize, 50, actor (Fantasy Island) self inflected gunshot.

Word of the day
Decafalon:* n The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only beverages with no caffeine:
This would sure hurt productivity. I think we need a law against such an event.

Today is:
International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up:
I don’t know many people who still have one, I remember when I was a child my father had a two door Studebaker Hawk which as best I can remember was a sporty little car.
Newspaper Carrier Day
Oatmeal Day:
Too warm for me to want oatmeal it is my cold weather breakfast.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:13 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,664,294 times
Good mornin', QOTD folks! Hadn't had a chance to get back on and answer anything for a while. Got rid of that hot job I talked about earlier (128 degrees inside the building). Got a new job, air conditioned building and picking up sheets of foam rubber! We make parts for GM. NICE job! lol

Today's Question(s):

Which way do you eat corn on the cob? I don't eat it the same 2 times in a row. lol
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? Delivering newspapers. $1.50/day to sit in a men's clothing factory and sell newspapers.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Yeah I did!

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? Clean the kitchen.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:31 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,432,588 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Which way do you eat corn on the cob? don't eat it
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off

Bonus Question:
What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? worked for a company who supplied food for the movie theaters in their office. Part-time while going to school

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Who's Paul Harvey

Just for Fun:
So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? ewww, don't think I'd want a monkey in my house, even if it did tricks. I have a dog who can do tricks

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend

Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,503,771 times
Good morning all. Thank you studedude for the QOD.

I eat it left to right but only half way. When I finish the whole left side then I start i the middle of the cob and eat left to right again. I have to do everything from left to right. I'm a little compulsive that way.

What was your first job where you got paid by someone other than your parents? My first real job was at Rustler Steakhouse.

In honor of Paul Harvey's birthday. Have you ever forgot to tell someone “The rest of the story” and because we won't tell anyone, did you really forget? Paul Harvey was a little before my time. I always tell the whole story otherwise why bother talking.

So you win a pet monkey at a fair, but this isn't just any old monkey. It can do one trick for you whenever you want from getting a pop out of the fridge to washing your clothes or hair. What would be the trick? I am in wait mode. I have been accomplishing everything that needs to be done. Can he make it Wednesday for me? Florida here I come

International Drive Your Studebaker Day. It really is I didn't make this up Jast for you studedude
Newspaper Carrier Day
Oatmeal Day I like oatmeal....my hubby just makes a face at me and says "people do not eat that stuff", lol.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,196,716 times
Today's Question(s):
Left, right, left
Right, left, right
Left to right only
Right to left only
Circular
Cut it off[/b]

Circular.

Bonus Question:

Babysitter. I also mowed lawns.

Extra Credit Question:

Probably, but I've since forgotten... :p

Just for Fun:

Crank out a bunch of funny money. Then, if I get busted for using counterfeit bills I'll just innocently point the finger at Mr. Monkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics