Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,244,559 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm filling in for a few days. Elizamary will be back Monday.

Today's peeve is...

DEER RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD!!! I hate 'em!

OK, I don't really hate Bambi. Deer are so cute, so adorable. So brainless.

What I hate is that they keep dashing across the road right in front of my car. One of these days I'll probably hit one, and that will break my heart. Not to mention my car and my bank account.

So I'm peeved at Bambi--get a brain! Stop running into the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:36 AM

4,699 posts, read 7,939,244 times
They don't run around the streets here in FL, but there are areas really close to Tampa where they come to the home yards.....
I would be very sad to hit one when he comes out to the streets....

Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,642,576 times
I agree, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas time, 2 1/2 years ago, I was driving our youngest son and grandson to the airport in St. Louis from out here in the boonies. Five in the morning and yep, you guessed it. Small herd standing by the side of the road on the passenger side. Quickly, they ran for cover but one, dumb boy decided he wanted to be like a chicken and cross the road in front of me.

I slowed down, turned the steering wheel to the left, yelled for all to hold on, DH in the back seat w/gr.son. Sure enough we made contact, that cute little poppa of Bambi and my new car!!!! He ran off and I continued on my way. Damages were enough to have to leave my new car at the repair shop for a couple of days. Oh, did I mention that it was a 'new' car?????????

Old 07-23-2010, 05:00 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,077,319 times
I hear deer actually kill more people than grizzly bears, mountain lions, jellyfish, or any of the "scarier" animals. They look so cute and innocent but when they run in front of your car sweet little deer are not "sweet little dears."

Old 07-23-2010, 05:09 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,091,988 times
In my case, I just traded one animal in for a lot of others, including the 2 legged variety. I really have to watch where I'm driving because I'll have chickens, dogs, cats and the occasional cow or horse just mosey across the road. People though are actually the biggest hazzard and not just locals - I've come around a corner in my truck and had a flock of tourists just walking down the middle of the road had some close calls and if I wouldn't have been paying attention, well . . .

Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
I use to drive a lot in late evening and will again when school starts and it is scary, because if there is 1 there is usually more! Okay last year I rounded the corner and there was a cow in the road, I can't see good at night (or anytime) but the car coming towards me had his brights on but when I got closer noticed he was stopped and a HuGe bull was in the road. They don't move real quick like deer.
This baby crossed the road and when the herd passed my garage she went in instead of around:

Old 07-23-2010, 05:25 AM

44,477 posts, read 20,273,814 times
I have the same problem as OP with deer. I see them every day when I'm driving to and from work. I keep wonderfing when my number will come up and I'll hit one. I've had several very close calls. A long time ago, an acquaintance of mine was killed when he swerved to avoid hitting a deer and ended up hitting another car head on instead. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in the other car, which had two children in the back seat. A about 3 weeks ago, for the first time I witnessed a deer getting hit. It broke my heart.

Edit: PS - Darling photo, tas. Glad you didn't crash into the herd.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
Thanks for filling in Caladium - and safe travels EM!

It is freaky how scary a 'beautiful' deer can be when it's near a roadway!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,186,468 times
Good onev Caladium! Thanks for filling in!

I'm doing the Midnight shift this week & at 3AM I had to drive to WestHampton..

I'm always freaking out because of all the deer!!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:30 AM

44,757 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Hi everyone! I'm filling in for a few days. Elizamary will be back Monday.

Today's peeve is...

DEER RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD!!! I hate 'em!

OK, I don't really hate Bambi. Deer are so cute, so adorable. So brainless.

What I hate is that they keep dashing across the road right in front of my car. One of these days I'll probably hit one, and that will break my heart. Not to mention my car and my bank account.

So I'm peeved at Bambi--get a brain! Stop running into the road!
It's cuz the deer think you're so dear and want to antler up to ya...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics