Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,985,988 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with biking. I just don't want to.
Plus its downhill to work and uphill to my house.
Trust me i've done this bike before. It's not that fun.

Plus my brother YET AGAIN has taken my seat thing off my bike, the padded cover. I'm sorry but my bike hurts to ride without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,075,419 times
It's too hard to go uphill, you have no seat on your bike, it's not fun and you just don't want to. It sure sounds like you have a problem with biking.

Now, let's hear why you don't have a problem with walking but you still won't do it either.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
It's too hard to go uphill, you have no seat on your bike, it's not fun and you just don't want to. It sure sounds like you have a problem with biking.

Now, let's hear why you don't have a problem with walking but you still won't do it either.
I love to bike.
When I was out with mono, I had to miss my gym class and once I was cleared by my doctor for physical activities then I biked every single day for hours on end to make up the credit. I had hundreds of hours logged.

I do have a problem with biking when it make me physically uncomfortable.
My seat cover being taken off, my bike being a wreck because my damn brother can't keep his hands off my stuff.

He has broken EVERY SINGLE one of my bikes since he could ride one.
This one I told him he is not allowed to touch, his very existence depends on if he touches my bike again.

He has a BMX bike, a NICE one that he can ride.

He and his friends are not allowed to touch my bike or even have thoughts about touching it, that is how serious I am about him not messing with my stuff. He's ridden my current one before, simply because it sits in the garage and I can't bring it up to my room. I yelled at him pretty hardcore for it and now the seat is missing.

I think his xbox should go missing till I get my seat cushion back.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:00 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,291,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I think his xbox should go missing till I get my seat cushion back.
I'd say that was an appropriate response.

If I lived 1/2 mile from work (if only!) I would definitely bike or walk. Seriously, you can walk a mile in twenty minutes or so without breaking a sweat. You could easily bike it in five. If it looks like it might rain, take an umbrella or a raincoat. It ain't that bad.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
I'd say that was an appropriate response.

If I lived 1/2 mile from work (if only!) I would definitely bike or walk. Seriously, you can walk a mile in twenty minutes or so without breaking a sweat. You could easily bike it in five. If it looks like it might rain, take an umbrella or a raincoat. It ain't that bad.
Ain't that bad.
My location says hell and I mean it.
The saying goes in my state. If you don't like the weather wait 2 hours.
We literally went from work to the gas station, BRIGHT blue skies over us and clouds off in the distance, to down the street 5 minutes and it was 0 visibility DOWNPOURING, 2ft of water in a matter of minutes. The roads were gone.
My friend has a benz, low to the ground, water would have been pouring in the doors had I opened them it was that deep. I am shocked her car didn't die going through the water that deep.
And when it rains here it hails as well. Like 40mph wind and hail the size of quarters.

Or its a sweltering 100 out daily, to the point you feel like you might die.

So yeah walking that distance to work would either have me bruised and wet or sweating like a w***e in church.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,291,002 times
You clearly have access to a computer. Check the weather radar before you leave. You will be able to see storm fronts coming. A little bit of foresight and planning is all it takes. I guarantee those storms were not a surprise. You would have been able to see the cell coming on radar. Changing weather is not a unique situation to your location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics