Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,359,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm glad I didn't walk.
She drove me home as well.

There is a gas station in the same lot as work.
We stopped to get gas and got idk maybe 100ft and then it rained hard enough there was NO visibility and 2ft of RUSHING water in about 10 minutes.

Carry an umbrella with you.

Last edited by KylieEve; 07-20-2010 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Agreed , sounds like a relationship problem?

No. It sounds like it belongs in other topics.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,775,612 times
I can hear all the eye-rolling from here... an "adult" who thinks she's police officer material doesn't want to walk a 1/2 mile to earn a paycheck?! It may rain and she'll get wet?! Soooo... is she going to ignore all the speeders, etc... when the weather is bad because she doesn't want to get out of her car in the rain? Becoming a self-sufficient adult often requires sacrifices. If you aren't willing to make those sacrifices... you aren't ready to grow-up and be an adult.

BTW... it's NOT fair that my neighbor has an in-ground swimming pool - so she is obligated to share it with me when it's convenient for me.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,370,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
I can hear all the eye-rolling from here... an "adult" who thinks she's police officer material doesn't want to walk a 1/2 mile to earn a paycheck?! It may rain and she'll get wet?! Soooo... is she going to ignore all the speeders, etc... when the weather is bad because she doesn't want to get out of her car in the rain? Becoming a self-sufficient adult often requires sacrifices. If you aren't willing to make those sacrifices... you aren't ready to grow-up and be an adult.

BTW... it's NOT fair that my neighbor has an in-ground swimming pool - so she is obligated to share it with me when it's convenient for me.
I'm torn between being annoyed and having pity.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:07 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,869,196 times
My MOTHER walked a HALF MARATHON in 3 Hours and it takes you a hour to walk 1/2 a mile? In New York you walk probably 3 miles a day. Half a Mile is considered close by where I live.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,958,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
My MOTHER walked a HALF MARATHON in 3 Hours and it takes you a hour to walk 1/2 a mile? In New York you walk probably 3 miles a day. Half a Mile is considered close by where I live.
On my Urban Jersey Trips i usually walk up to 10 miles in one day....and travel up 50 miles on Public Transit. I don't use my car for these trips. I'm also limited to 60$. So for 7 hrs i spend wisely , on these trips i look for work aswell........she just seems to whine alot....sheesh....reminds me of Lindsay Lohan....

Last edited by DarkWolf; 07-20-2010 at 10:25 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,082,405 times
WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LIFE ISN'T FAIR!!!!

Get over it and grow a pair honey. It won't kill you to get wet, sweat, or otherwise be uncomfortable for 1/2 to work and home. Either bike or walk, leave the driving to the crazy girl, leave your mom alone. When you earn the money to buy a car you will have one to drive, like the rest of the adults.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:46 AM

968 posts, read 2,633,916 times
when i started my first job, i didn't have a car. i had a friend Elias take me to work, i ended up getting called "charity case" cause i was asking for rides too and from work. i was the youngest on the crew at sea world and had just turned 16.

so after being called charity case, i biked to work. (i got a really nice bike for my 16th birthday) and they ended up thinking my bike was awesome! i still have that bike 8 years later, its darn good bike.

of course i got poked fun at when i got my first car, (rust bucket, junk outside the trunk, you know typical comments) but i still had a car.

the clincher is, if you don't try and hide the embarassing stuff, people won't notice it.

have you ever tried to scratch in public? if you just scratch and get it over with, maybe one person will notice, but if you try and scratch quickly, or indescreetly EVERYONE LOOKS AT YOU. its just like that with trying to hide things you might be embarassed about, like having to ride your bike to work.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 07-21-2010 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: grrr, spelling

Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM

[quote=Orincarnia;15131438]when i started my first job, i didn't have a car. i had a friend Elias take me to work, i ended up getting called "charity case" cause i was asking for rides too and from work. i was the youngest on the crew at sea world and had just turned 16.

so after being called charity case, i biked to work. (i got a really nice bike for my 16th birthday) and they ended up thinking my bike was awesome! i still have that bike 8 years later, its darn good bike.

of course i got poked fun at when i got my first car, (rust bucket, junk outside the trunk, you know typical comments) but i still had a car.

the clincher is, if you don't try and hide the embarassing stuff, people won't notice it.

have you ever tried to scratch in public? if you just scratch and get it over with, maybe one person will notice, but if you try and scratch quickly, or indescreetly EVERYONE LOOKS AT YOU. its just like that with trying to hide things you might be embarassed about, like having to ride your bike to work.[/quote]

Most normal people would not find having to ride a bike to work even remotely embarrassing.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 AM

968 posts, read 2,633,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Most normal people would not find having to ride a bike to work even remotely embarrassing.
teenagers and children are not normal people, esspecially yuppie teenagers who live in well to do communities its very "keeping up with the joneses"

as we grow older, we outgrow the little problems and bigger problems become relevant.

teenagers don't know how to deal with house payments, or how to keep a pantry stocked on a budget, but they certainly know how to keep up with the latest season trends in fashion. something adults see as a frivolity, however is essential to teenage life, wearing the right clothes, fitting in, being in the in crowd.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 07-21-2010 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics