Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,225,429 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Before I head off on today's adventures

Today's Question(s):

When you are eating a meal do you:
Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ?
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ?
Mash it all together ?

When you fill your plate do you:
Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ?
Foods better not touch each other ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ?

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ?
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?

Inquiring Minds Question:

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ?
or
I know more people by the things they have done ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ?

Just for Fun:

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?

Last time you had
A lollipop ?
Ice Cream Soda ?
Cotton Candy ?
A nap ?

Today in History:
- A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White Hous
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863).
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

Word of the Day:
impedimenta
\ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;
1. Baggage or other things that slows one's progress.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,799,535 times
hello all.... wonderful day...

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? probably this... I'm probably like Karla and not mix anything
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? maybe this one... Karla probably has seperate plates for each item.. hehee

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? several years ago and beekeeping convention

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? it was several months ago...
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? I gave up and had to ask who they were...

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ? its a tough call.... maybe this one
or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? I don't recall having this problem

Last time you had
A lollipop ? 4 months ago
Ice Cream Soda ? long over due.. root beer float
Cotton Candy ? long over due also... time to hit the fairgrounds
A nap ? yesterday at 1:14pm

Keep smiling......

Last edited by GarlicGuy; 07-20-2010 at 05:41 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:31 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,085,922 times
Morning all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? This way
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ? lol just throw it on a plate

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Fortunately a long time ago - I just hate those things.

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?

This happens all the time. I meet so many people that I have a hard time remembering if we actually spoke, I just saw them out and about or what. I've gotten pretty good at faking it lol until we talk long enough I can remember. Had a younger guy come in and I knew we had met before, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where. We got to talking about his previous visits and it finally clicked that he and his wife were in the row behind me on a plane from Panama City to Bocas like 2 1/2+ years before.

Would you say:

or

With what I do for a living and being female people know who I am. After a while it got a bit, well, old to try and have a quiet dinner or drinks with friends and have people just walk up wanting to talk biz. I've even had people literally say (not ask) "may I sit down" and then not even wait for a response- just plop down and interrupt the conversation. Why I don't socialize much anymore - can't be Just Joy.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? Things waaay out of my control like a global recession.

Just for Fun:

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?

Put one on Shredder's tail and watch him go crazy lol

Last time you had
A lollipop ? A long time ago - when I get them I usually give them to a kid
Ice Cream Soda ? Don't really like them - just ice cream
Cotton Candy ? OMG like the last time I took my DS to the zoo
A nap ? I only wish I was a napper

Today in History:
1801 - A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White House
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863). Wow - times sure have changed
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT. What an amazing moment - remember being a kid and watching with my folks

Word of the Day:
impedimenta \ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;
1. Baggage or other things that slows one's progress. Just have to focus on things we can control and let go of the things we can't.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day You can keep the soda and just pass the ice cream
Chess Day Was never good at Chess
Ugly Truck Contest Day My girl is purty
National Nap Day As early as I woke up, wish I could
Have a great Tuesday everyone! Have to take this dang power cord back, because I noticed last night it was splitting on one end Still works, but since I just bought it yesterday morning

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-20-2010 at 06:38 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,974,697 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ? Most of the time

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? My Son's class trip a week before school ended

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? All the time

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? After leaving them an hour later

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? Car rental counter in Orlando. Payless in Orlando is a freaking scam

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? fun no, annoying yes

Last time you had
A lollipop ? two weeks ago
Ice Cream Soda ? 35 years ago
Cotton Candy ? a few years back
A nap ?
a week ago

Last edited by BigMike50; 07-20-2010 at 06:03 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,206,767 times
Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Last week in a seminar.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? I can't remember.
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? Usually this happens when I am introducing someone to someone else. Luckily I can just have the other person state their name.

Would you say:

or

For me, this question depends on the context. Contextually speaking, both are true.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? With my job, I encounter those at least once a week.

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I hate those. I probably would just give them to some kids at church.

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Many, many years ago.
Ice Cream Soda ? Never
Cotton Candy ? Many, many years ago.
A nap ? Last week.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,225,429 times
stripe (got bored with spot)
dang 10 secs
8 seconds

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? This one
Mash it all together ? I will do this with my corn & mashed taters

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? this one

Extra Credit Question:

At one of my fundraisers in Feb.

This past Saturday

Yup lol they finally said what they were doing now and that triggered the oh yeah your XXXX

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ? This one, with all the fundraising I do, I have a lot of exposure to a lot of folks . lol to bad they know me as the "oh your the fundraiser gal "

or

Bonus Question:

rofl my boss his definition of priority and mine differ greatly

Just for Fun:

ok so far I can't wait to make my dogs necklaces when it gets dark and see if hubby notices. This will also be cool to see when they go out to potty at night
I gave one to my friend and told her to put it somewhere in her bedroom at night to see if her hubby notices ooo I may have to try this one too !!

I am tempted to put one on the toilet paper holder so maybe then the roll will end up there instead of the counter

lol I am tempted to offer some to my nosy neighbor with the excuse that it will make her more visible at night when walking her dog. In reality it will warn the other neighbors that she is out "prowling"

rofl I think I better go back and buy more while they are still on sale !!!

Last time you had
A lollipop ? 2 weeks ago at the bank
Ice Cream Soda ? wow way to long !!
Cotton Candy ? about 3 months ago
A nap ? Sunday during Movie day the movie we were watching was dragging

Last edited by FLPL75; 07-20-2010 at 05:51 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,695,134 times
Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Ooooh, I can't even remember. I hate nametags.

I wish this all of the time...I run into women all the time who used to frequent my business and I just draw a blank

Would you say:

or
I'd say it's more people know who I am because of the things I have done like having my business and advertising with pictures

Bonus Question:

Isn't it always a person??

Just for Fun:

There's teenagers here and I'm sure they could find all kinds of annoying uses for them!

Last time you had
A lollipop ?..............almost snagged one from the bank yesterday but I decided against it so it's been a while
Ice Cream Soda ?.....also been a while
Cotton Candy ?........the last county fair which has been years
A nap ?
....................yesterday!!

Today in History:
- A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White Hous
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863).
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.
I remember this so well...it was sooooo exciting!!

Today is:
National Lollipop Day..................I think I'll get a tootsie pop
National Ice Cream Soda Day.......rather just have the ice cream
Chess Day................................borrrring
Ugly Truck Contest Day..............There's a few around here that could win
National Nap Day.......................I won't be able to get my nap today

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 07-20-2010 at 05:51 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:43 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,623,870 times
Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Bite of this and bite of that

Pile it on baby !! ?

However it lands is fine.

Extra Credit Question:

A conference a few months ago.

This happens to me all the time! We all should wear those tags all the time for those of us who have that problem.

Would you say:

or

Hmmm. That might be close to a tie.

Bonus Question:

Dragging all my luggage along with me through the airport while carrying a baby on my hip in an attempt to avoid the outrageous baggage fees.
P.S. The baby was not the impedimenta, just the extra luggage.

Just for Fun:

I would stick them in the cereal boxes and freak the kids out when they got up in the morning. Waahhahaha (that's my evil laugh )

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Probably a couple years ago
Ice Cream Soda ? Don't remember
Cotton Candy ? 25 years ago, at least
A nap ?
Do they still make those? I want one!

Last edited by Maggi07; 07-20-2010 at 05:58 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,772,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Before I head off on today's adventures

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? This one
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ? Hubby usually does this.
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? This one

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is "? I think when I was little.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ?At a funeral.
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? Asking a relative who the person was.

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? Hmmmm...

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I don't think it would be annoying but I think kids would think they were fun for a Halloween treat.

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Several months ago
Ice Cream Soda ? It's been years
Cotton Candy ? See answer above
A nap ?
Yesterday

Today in History:
1969 - With ?...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,? astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

Word of the Day:
impedimenta
\ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;
1. Baggage or other things that slows one's progress.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day
Have a good day!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,604,732 times
What a bunch of spot cheaters.....lol cracks me up!

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? This would be me!
Mash it all together ? not while I still have me teeth!

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? Mainly this.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Last weekend...we had some new members of our club attending...we find it's easier and a nice thing to do.

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? We had an unofficial class reunion...I hadn't seen some of these people in 3......oh wait......in a few years

Would you say:

or
I know more people by the things they have done ? Most of what I do is behind the scenes, very low profile which I like....so it would have to be this one.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? That would be yesterday...the work came to a stop because of an error of my co-worker. It had to be found and fixed before we could continue. Good thing I like research.

Just for Fun:

We use them when the power goes off...we had a pretty street after the hurricanes lol.

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Don't remember
Ice Cream Soda ?Don't remember
Cotton Candy ?Don't remember but not a fan
A nap ? Sunday

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics