Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,358,306 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

When you are eating a meal do you:
Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ?
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ?
Mash it all together ?

When you fill your plate do you:
Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ?
Foods better not touch each other ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Conference in March

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ?
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? I am really bad with names. I can remember the face but never the name. Most times I will just continue to talk to them as if nothing is wrong. They never know I don't remember their name.

Inquiring Minds Question:

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ?
or
I know more people by the things they have done ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? I have a rule that at the end of each day all "impedimenta" is erased from memory.....so I don't remember

Just for Fun:

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I would string them along the street in neighbors trees, bushes, mailboxes, etc. Then everyone would get a kick out of the street all aglow.....then again maybe not. Is that the HOA police I hear?

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Years. I don't like hard candy. I really don't eat alot of candy at all.
Ice Cream Soda ? When I was a child. I would go into sugar shock now.
Cotton Candy ? Blech!
A nap ? Last month. I was on vacation in NY and after walking and walking and walking....it was nice to come back to the room and take a nap before dinner. It was heaven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 AM

850 posts, read 312,384 times
Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Foods better not touch each other ? Depends on the food

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Like 10 years ago at school

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? Sometimes at college
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? 2 or 3 days later

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ?

Just for Fun:

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I'd give them to the kids, they always know what to do LOL

Last time you had
A lollipop ? 4 or 5 years ago
Ice Cream Soda ? Last summer
Cotton Candy ? Never in my life
A nap ? Long time ago, more than 20 years I think

Have a nice day!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,619,738 times
Good Tuesday morning

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? Yep for the most part. I like how certain foods taste together or in a series of taste sensations.
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? Sometimes.
Foods better not touch each other ? Depends on the food.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ?

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? Happens with acquaintances.

Would you say:

or
I know more people by the things they have done ? I don't really know them personally

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? What - where- when

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? They're all yours Karla!

Last time you had
A lollipop ?
Ice Cream Soda ?
Cotton Candy ?
A nap ?
^All within the year.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 AM

28,804 posts, read 47,942,462 times
Mash it all together ?

For me it seems to be a random combination of all of the above depending on what the foods are.

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Wow! At least 15 years.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? Every time I meet someone. I'm terrible with remembering names...
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

The damned economy!

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?

Roll one up, stick it my mouth and "surprise" people on a moonless night. Will you bail me out, and come to see me in the hospital?

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Couple of months ago if Tootsie Roll Pops count
Ice Cream Soda ? Couple of years. Hmmmm, we have ice cream.
Cotton Candy ? Too long!
A nap ?
A couple of weeks. I realized I took it when I woke up.

Today in History:
- A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White House Aw jeez, just what the prez needed!
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863).
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117 Originally, "In the Garden of Eden", but apparently no one in the group could speak well.
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT. Are you certain that's what he said?

Word of the Day:
impedimenta
\ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;
1. Baggage or other things that slows one's progress.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day

Babble

Our street is slated for having storm sewers put in between September and the end of November. We can opt to have our sump pump lines connected if we choose to. The line (PVC piping) has to be buried and extend to the edge of the sidewalk. The city will then connect the PVC to the storm sewer for free. In fact, this entire project from the sidewalk out is not going to cost us anything. The sewer line is coming out of the city's general fund.

There was a meeting last Thursday night and we missed it because we were in Nashville. I guess a total of 8 people attended. Mrs. Tek called one of the neighbors that went to the meeting and got an earful of what it will cost to have a pipe run from sump pumps to the connection at the sewer in the parking, that the line has to be buried below the frost line, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

Some people.

Mrs. Tek was told the lines "had" to be buried below the frost line. She was told it would cost between $1000.00 and $1500.00 to have a plumber put the line in place (PVC pipe).

You would think that if someone is going to take the time to go to a meeting they would at least pay attention to what they are told.

I called the guy at the city again (I had talked with him for about a half hour before we left for Nashville) and asked him what was said at the meeting.

The lines do not have to be buried below the frost line. What he said when asked was, "If I was going to do it this is what I would do." Nothing there about having to. Mine runs to the curb, and has for years. The deepest it's buried is maybe 18 inches. No problems here with freezing...

A man who attended the meeting was quoted by a plumber $600.00 to cut a hole in his basement wall, dig the trench (below the frost line) and lay the pipe. I am still trying to figure out where this $1000.00 to $1500.00 came from.... I'm betting it was a dark place.

And the biggest problem? This woman is retired and is going to wander the neighborhood spreading this disinformation. God, I hate stupid people!

I can do it for a couple of hundred dollars and would quote the work (no warranty) if I wasn't so damn screwed up from the Shingles. I'd make a tidy profit, too! Jeez people! Get together, rent a Ditch Witch for a week and do the whole street at one shot. It's not rocket science.

One crew peels back the sod and keeps it damp, refills the trench after the pipe is laid, then lays the sod back in place.

One crew digs the trench

One crew lays the pipe and places heat tape around the exposed area. Our sumps come out above ground and I used a flexible tubing to connect the two ends of PVC - one from the house and one sticking out of the ground. This needs to be kept warm in the winter. A thermostat will turn on the juice below a given temperature, usually about 40 degrees. I am assuming they still make this stuff.

While the trench is being dug (the time consuming part) the sod crew goes to the next house and peels back the sod. By the time they're done it's probably time to refill the trench and replace the sod.

I'm betting the entire neighborhood is going to be all worked up over nothing before the weekend.

I suppose I'm going to have to supervise the whole thing so it doesn't get totally screwed up...

Time compose a letter and put it in all the mail boxes so people will know what to do. Damn sheep.

Rant over.

Everyone have a great day!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times
When eating a meal I eat a little of this then that.
When I fill a plate, mostly at buffets, its PILE IT ON, Im not shy!
I wear a name tag at work every day.
I think we sell those glow stick things and the funny thing is we carry something called 'Johnny Lights'...theyre little tiny green night lights, that go under your toilet seat so you can see yourself going to the bathroom at night. What the ****???? Dont know who invented those but someone is a millionaire.
Lollipops and cotton candy are the best, but I only get the 'real' cotton candy at fairs and other events. Yummy!
My last ice cream soda was just the other night. A little Rocky Road ice cream and a little Coke Classic.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,730,582 times
Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is "
My name tag at work, I suppose, but it doesn't have "Hello, my name is" on it.

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?
A few months ago when a friend of a friend and I ran into each other. A few days later someone suggested him as a friend to me on Facebook.

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

Yesterday at work. Customers were bothering me for this and that while I was trying to get some other work done. My "five minute project" turned into an hour long project.

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?
No idea, but I'm sure someone I know would throw them in the camp fire.

Last time you had
A lollipop ? About a month ago when I visited the bank.
Ice Cream Soda ? About a year I think.
Cotton Candy ? No idea.
A nap ?
A few months ago. I'm not a fan of naps.

Today in History:
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,†astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day

Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM

24,683 posts, read 26,256,936 times
Today's Question(s):

Mostly this one.

Mash it all together ?
And occasionally this depending what's on the plate.

Pile it on baby !!

Well it starts out this was, but some things have a tendency to merge.

Extra Credit Question:

At a Officer installation meeting for the organization we belong to.

At said meeting. There is a member that has what I call 2 first names (think Frank Brian) and I always get them turned around.

I heard another member greet him by his real first name.

Would you say:

or
Probably this one.

Bonus Question:

The Super Chief, what else is new.

Just for Fun:

Have no idea.

Last time you had
A lollipop ?
Last Halloween.

Ice Cream Soda ?
Can't remember, but it was a long time ago.

Cotton Candy ?
Never gonna happen.

A nap ?
A couple of Sundays ago after a big breakfast.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,063,797 times
It's Ugly Truck Contest Day? Now that's the sort of contest that would be fun to judge!

Today's Question(s):

LOL, I have no idea. I guess I've never paid attention. Funny the things we don't notice about ourselves.

Extra Credit Question:

I try to avoid those things. I like to be a woman of mystery!

I wish I had a funny story, but actually I have a potentially creepy one.

Last night at 9:30 strangers knocked on my door. It was two girls, claiming to be evangelists. At that hour of the evening! Now that's a moment you wish you could see some name tags.

I just said "no thanks" but now I wish I had thought to get id from them because today I'm thinking of filing a report with the police. Even if they were legit, it's just not safe for young girls to be walking around a strange neighborhood late at night, knocking on doors. For their own safety I hope the police talk to them. I just wish I'd gotten id.

Would you say:

or

Hard to say. A whole lot of people know me locally because I'm active in a few high profile events. On the other hand, when you become active in an event like that you know a whole lot of people.

Bonus Question:

My kids, grandkids, and pets are currently tied for this honor.

Just for Fun:

I suppose they might look pretty around my jacuzzi tub, but I like the Christmas lights I have up now. I think I'd just give them to the grandkids.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,712,736 times
gee I have been away a while......whose Kwak?

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? x
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? x

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? last year sometime on a trip

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? a couple weeks ago
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? ?

Would you say:

or

not sure

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? I dont' know

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? wear them in the dark?

Last time you had
A lollipop ?
Ice Cream Soda ?45 years
Cotton Candy ? 50 years
A nap ?2 days ago

Old 07-20-2010, 10:39 AM

401 posts, read 481,403 times
Today's Question(s):

Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ? I usually do this
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ? It it's an all you can buffet, I'll pile it on though each food will have its own area.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? I wore something similar on my Globus Ireland trip. It make it easier to start a conversation.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? Unfortunately, after a few days, some of the members stopped wearing their name tags.

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ? This one. I'm very known at work because of this in a good way.
or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? When the county recycling depot decided to close early. grrrr I ended up having to go back 2 days later so I could drop off my recyclables.

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I'd use them for night diving. I believe that's what I used when I took the course.

Last time you had
A lollipop ? It's been a while.
Ice Cream Soda ? Ice cream soda? I had ice cream last week and, I had a couple glasses of root beer a couple days ago.
Cotton Candy ? It's been a while on this too.
A nap ? Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics