Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:52 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,372,478 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

When you are eating a meal do you:
Eat a bite of this then a bite of that?
I usually do this, although if there is something that I am less fond of than other things, I'll eat what I like least of all first, to get it out of the way.
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next?
Mash it all together?

When you fill your plate do you:
Pile it on baby !!?
Everything has its own spot?
Foods better not touch each other?

I like each food to have a distinct spot on the plate, but I usually don't mind if they wind up merging.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is "?

It wasn't really a "Hello my name is ____" but I wear a membership badge with my name at the convention I help run each May. That would have been the most recent time.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is"? Kind of drawing a blank here, though I'm sure it's happened recently. I often get puzzled if I encounter someone out of context, like one of our regular waitresses from our Saturday morning restaurant out at the theater or something like that.

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were?

It's often their voice, sometimes something specific they say.

Inquiring Minds Question:

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done?
or
I know more people by the things they have done?

Oh, definitely the latter. I am not well known for anything.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered?

I have been known to use that term to describe my offspring, although in the literal definition, the most recent time was last week at Concerts on the Square. My spouse and I meet up at the Square, he hauling the blanket and the food and me hauling the lawn chairs, every Wednesday evening in July for the concert. Last Wednesday, the elevator in the parking ramp I use was broken, so I hauled those blasted chairs down four flights of steps, then back up again after the concert.

Just for Fun:

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them?

You know, I'm not very good at things like that. I'm not sure I can come up with any uses, either fun or annoying, for those glow sticks.

I do have a funny, or maybe appalling, story about them, though. Our daughter is dating a fellow who's a former Marine, and apparently the Marines use those things to signal with when they're on night maneuvers. At some point, our daughter's boyfriend and a bunch of his buddies got to wondering if the luminescent characteristics of the contents of the glow sticks would survive a trip through a digestive system, so they experimented with them. And sure enough, they had a fine old time micturating luminescent pee. From his description, in fact, it was quite a light show, since there were a number of fellows in on the experiment.

I can't even imagine the damage they must have done to their kidneys that way, but I guess when you're young, you don't think of things like that.

Last time you had
A lollipop?
Decades ago.
Ice Cream Soda? Decades ago.
Cotton Candy? Decades ago.
A nap? This past Saturday, and I need another one right about now!

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 07-20-2010 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Missed one of Karla's questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,675,083 times
Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? yes. Plus, at a steak rest, for example, I'd rather have the salad around while the meat and po are there instead of ahead of time.
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ?
Mash it all together ? no but there are semi-exceptions...like at a middle eastern place I like to stuff a pita with hummus and salad once my meal comes (lamb and rice) - instead of just dipping pita in hummus and eating salad on it's own.

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? yes but it's ok if they merge a little - an overly full plate is a turn-off, though.
Foods better not touch each other ?

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? probably at a conference about 2 years ago now.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? the saudi dinner i went to recently - had just met most of the hosts and couldn't remember their names!
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?

Would you say: not sure how to answer this
More people know who I am because of things I have done ?
or
I know more people by the things they have done ?

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? working on my essay - she expects too much in too few pages - i need two more pages!

You know those Neon glow sticks that you snap to activate the "glow" and have seen them used as bracelets & necklaces
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them,hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? oh hmmm not sure - not my thing

Last time you had

A lollipop ? a couple months ago from the bank
Ice Cream Soda ? too long ago!
Cotton Candy ? not sure
A nap ? earlier this month but i was sick and that's rare - not a big napper

Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,385,741 times
Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ?
I will eat a mixture of foods, but if there is something I really like I might sample it more than the bland foods.
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
I will fill the plate, but if it is fluid based I might limit their contact. I want my taste to have a singular experience, not a blended one.
Everything has its own spot ?
Not at all, round plates can remove any need to have a special place.
If it is something like peas I don’t want them to touch my other foods. Just don’t like their taste, and don’t want foods I like to come in contact with them.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ?
I think around 3 months ago.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ?
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ?
I try to place a face with something different about the person. The name is easier to recall when it is tied to an object.

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done?
or
a touch of both, I know many in my circle of knowledge, and the network runs both ways.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered?
Always related to additional data, and paperwork.

Just for Fun:

I have seen them, great for kids out at night.
Well I found them on sale 100 for $5,of course I had to buy them, hopefully they will last until school starts

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them?
Hand them out to the kids playing at night, or Halloween to make them easier to see.

Last time you had
A lollipop?
Years ago
Ice Cream Soda ?
again it has been a long long time.
Cotton Candy ?
Too long ago to remember.
A nap ?
I drifted off this weekend while watching TV.

Today in History:
- A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White House.
Now that would last me for over a week.
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863).
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,†astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

Word of the Day:
impedimenta
\ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;
1. Baggage or other things that slows one's progress.

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day

Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,414,535 times
Happy Tuesday all!

Today's Question(s):

Mash it all together ?

Depends on the food. Usually I take a bite of each and decide what is the best. Then I push what is best to the side and eat everything else first and keep the best for last. But some dishes just have to mashed

Pile it on baby !! ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? On the anniversary boat trip of my company.

Would you say:

or

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them? I'd probably use them for a walk in the middle of the night just to see them glow

Last time you had
A lollipop ? Can't remember, I don't like lollipops.
Cotton Candy ? Probably last year when we went to Hungary with DS.
A nap ? Sunday. Weekends are always (!!!) used for after-lunch-naps!

Have a terrific day!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:09 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
Good morning.

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? Some of this and

Mash it all together ? some of this. Some things like mashed potatoes and corn go really well together, lol.

Everything has its own spot ? I taught my husband all about "plate presentation"
Foods better not touch each other ? Who cares? It all ends up in the same place

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Thankfully it has been over a decade.

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? When I visited my DH's family. Big Italian catholic family I still can't place some of their names with their faces.

or

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? My neighbors

Good deal Karla

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? I would give them to my grandkids.

A lollipop ? About a month ago. I get those Dum Dum pops at the bank.
Ice Cream Soda ? Years ago.
Cotton Candy ? Years ago.
A nap ? Yesterday

Have a great day. Gotta go work on the driveway.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,158,616 times
Good Morning everyone!

Everyday I am going to post a picture describing my mood with natural settings, it will personify my mood and it will add color to the thread at the same time! Hmmm I'm thinking about starting a thread everyday to describe your mood best with natural setting picture, if you're down, maybe something with grey clouds and rain... things like that! It's an idea in the works!

My mood for today is:

^^ I'm thinking about starting a daily thing for a "mood of the day by natural setting" thread. Maybe if it catches on, I can do it! So can anyone tell what my mood of the day is? Think hard, what does the picture say to you?

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? Sometimes, depends on the food options actually.
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ? Depends on what the food is. Like Pizza yes, but like Pasta no.
Mash it all together ? Rarely, it depends if it can mix well!

Pile it on baby !! ? Actually depends on the food itself
Everything has its own spot ? This is normally how I do it.
Foods better not touch each other ? With some foods that can ruin the taste of the other item by mixing.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Haven't had the opportunity yet.

Last time you WISH someone else was wearing a "hello my name is" ? See below!
**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? Hmmm still expecting this to happen.

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ? I wish this wasn't always the case, sometimes people remember you more for things you do wrong than right, even when you only make minor mistakes.
or
I know more people by the things they have done ? No, I measure it by the amount of time and the type of conversations we have. Not by actions.

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? No idea actually.

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ? Probably use it when I am out jogging in the morning, it can be used to show that I am there for car drivers and it can keep me entertained too!

Last time you had
A lollipop ? 3 months ago.
Ice Cream Soda ? They make these things? FOR REAL?!?
Cotton Candy ? Last time I went to the zoo, probably 2 years ago.
A nap ? I don't nap! I don't like sleeping during the day time, makes me feel like I am wasting the day away!

Today in History:
1801 - A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White Hous
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863).
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

Word of the Day:
impedimenta \ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day

Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,730,743 times
Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? It depends on the food.
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ? It depends on the food.

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? A few months ago at a work function. It didn't actually say "Hello, my name is" but it was the same thing.

Would you say:

or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ?

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?

Last time you had
A lollipop ?
Ice Cream Soda ?
Cotton Candy ?
A nap ?

Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 AM

867 posts, read 2,149,681 times
Man it's been a while since I posted in here

Today's Question(s):

Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ? this one
Mash it all together ?

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? this one
Foods better not touch each other ? and this one

Extra Credit Question:

at a college visit
lol no clue

Would you say:

or
the 2nd one

Bonus Question:

prob. a girl i liked, idk tho

Just for Fun:

So , If I was to give you a package of them . What fun and maybe "annoying" uses could you come up with for them ?

prob. a keyring
Last time you had
A lollipop ? prob. more than 10 years
Ice Cream Soda ? i've never heard of this so prob. never
Cotton Candy ? 9 years prob.
A nap ? week or two ago

Today in History:
1801 - A 1,235 pound cheese ball was pressed at the farm of Elisha Brown, Jr. The huge ball of cheese was later loaded on a horse-driven wagon and presented to President Thomas Jefferson at the White Hous okkkkkk u wanna talk about random lol
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, New York. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for spectators to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field received no salary (until 1863). wow that is DEF. back in the day
1968 - Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117 neato
1969 - With “...one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind,” astronaut, Neil Armstrong, pilot of the lunar spacecraft, the "Eagle", made the first footsteps on the surface of the moon at 10:56 p.m. EDT.

snap that was today wow wonder if he does nething special

Today is:
National Lollipop Day awesome
National Ice Cream Soda Day once again no clue what this is lol
Chess Day boooooring
Ugly Truck Contest Day ??
National Nap Day This should be every dang day

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,214,853 times
Happy Tuesday

Today's Question(s):

Eat a bite of this then a bite of that ? absolutely
Eat all of each food before continuing to the next ? naw
Mash it all together ? nope

Pile it on baby !! ?
Everything has its own spot ? kinda sorta anyway or at least in theory

Extra Credit Question:

Last time you wore a "Hello my name is " ? Its been years

**When this happened what was it that finally triggered your memory as to who they were ? As I age this for some strange reason has become an occurance that frequently repeats itself.....

Would you say:

More people know who I am because of things I have done ? this one here yeppers
or

Bonus Question:

What was the last "impedimenta" you encountered ? yesterday

Last time you had
A lollipop ? dont recall
Ice Cream Soda ? same as above
Cotton Candy ? ditto
A nap ? Sunday

Word of the Day:
impedimenta \ im-ped-uh-MEN-tuh \ , noun;

Today is:
National Lollipop Day
Chess Day
Ugly Truck Contest Day
National Nap Day[/quote]

Hope each of you gets what you want today....
and just has a great time enjoy your day!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:42 AM

42,132 posts, read 75,748,332 times
Eat a little of this, a little of that. If one food will get cold more quickly than another, I'll eat it first. I hate it when my hot food gets cold (unless it's pizza!).

Everything has its own spot

Extra Credit Question:

Some professional workshop or another.

A recent work function; I was looking for a certain donor -- she was there, but I never did find her.

My stupid co-worker.

I'd send the lot of them to my niece and nephew; they love those things.

Last time you had
A lollipop
Last Halloween
Ice Cream Soda35, 40 years ago?
Cotton Candy Definitely 40 years ago
A napSunday afternoon

My grade school art teacher loved this album. He played it in class over and over and over and over ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics