Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,990,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I want to change my answer. I'd like to have an RV and camp out in front of Tookey's doghouse for a month of eating cookies and not sharing
If I bring a case of Nutella, can I come? A road trip without having to spend too much time on the road sounds ideal.

(But hey, if you're really serious about this not sharing thing then I won't tempt you with my giant crate of Nutella... I'll just hitch a ride with the group flying to Panama. That works, too. )

Last edited by normie; 07-13-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 01:23 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,786,803 times
Start here.

West to Washington state. South down the Pacific Coast Highway. East to catch I-40. I-40 to the east coast. Up the east coast.

Back to here.

With plenty of deviation in the route, of course.

An RV would be nice, but since we have unlimited funds we'd hire a driver.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:32 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,521,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
If I bring a case of Nutella, can I come? A road trip without having to spend too much time on the road sounds ideal.

(But hey, if you're really serious about this not sharing thing then I won't tempt you with my giant crate of Nutella... I'll just hitch a ride with the group flying to Panama. That works, too. )
The price of parking in front of my doghouse is one case of Nutella

Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,932,891 times
Thumbs up Trans-Canadian Rail

It would be great to take the train from the west coast to the east coast in southern Canada. When arriving on the eastern coast, rent an RV motor home and drive the secondary highways from the northeast back to the west coast visiting small towns in America. Avoiding interstate highways and large cities would be a must. Stopping only when I wanted to spend some extra time in the area and leaving when the time was right. No preplanned directions or stops, everything would be spontaneous.

Spoiler
I’d send picture postcards to Mrs Aks at home. lol (teasing) I’d take her with me.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,134,466 times
OK folks, this road trip is ON! As you can see, a few of us have decided to drive together...

Ummm, I'm not sure what the heck kind of weird storm I drove through to make the car purple and glittery. Maybe I encountered one of those X Files while I was going over to pick Glory up?

Toosie can come too as long as she doesn't sing "99 Bottles of Beer On the Wall."

The first stop on this trip is going to be Maine because I'm craving some lobster. So Coastal Maine, prepare for some visitors!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,018,168 times
I would take my Jeep and just hit the open road. I would either stay in hotels or sleep in the Jeep. Some of the best roadtrips I have ever taken were those where I would flip a coin to see which direction I was going to head for the day. There was one trip where I decided at the last minute to spend 1 day getting from Colo. to Arizona via New Mexico. Ended up spending 7 days driving around New Mexico.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,964,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If you had 30 days and ample cash to take a road trip....what would your basic route be? Would you go in a motor home, rent a car, use your own vehicle, camp, stay in hotels, stay with family/friends or what?

Better question....would you take the kids? (ok...I'm kidding)
Yes. I'd take the kids (some anyhow) prolly take a huge RV and visit small towns across the US!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM

18,962 posts, read 11,622,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yes, and let's switch it up a bit - just a few days should be enough to taunt tookey and then we can be off with the rest of the gang for more fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
The price of parking in front of my doghouse is one case of Nutella
Sorry love, you don't get a vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It would be great to take the train from the west coast to the east coast in southern Canada. When arriving on the eastern coast, rent an RV motor home and drive the secondary highways from the northeast back to the west coast visiting small towns in America. Avoiding interstate highways and large cities would be a must. Stopping only when I wanted to spend some extra time in the area and leaving when the time was right. No preplanned directions or stops, everything would be spontaneous.
Adore this idea! Love trains - how could I have left them out of my plan. Excellent addition!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Toosie can come too as long as she doesn't sing "99 Bottles of Beer On the Wall."
Why are you assuming I'M gonna be the annoying one? Don't answer that! Just let me come with you

Fun thread Glory - love seeing everyone's ideas!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,964,304 times
Nutella, Nutella, Nutella!! We have 4 or 5 containers of Nutella and some Pralinutta.. Should I be sampling these?? On a road trip for instance?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,311,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Nutella, Nutella, Nutella!! We have 4 or 5 containers of Nutella and some Pralinutta.. Should I be sampling these?? On a road trip for instance?
Well, I like Nutella....but I want some beer in the cooler!

Alrighty Cala......great suggestion! Wait, can any of us be trusted reading a road map?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics