Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 AM

110 posts, read 175,245 times

Advertisements

There is probably a thread about this already somewhere on cd but i just have to vent for a second and perhaps some of you can relate...

i'm not a self-proclaimed great driver but i'm not a terrible driver either. i'm average...i've been in one accident and it wasn't my fault - some guy rammed into the side of my car and totaled it a few years ago...but anyways, what gets me really frustrated is when i'm driving on the highway, keeping up with traffic (going about 70-80mph) and some a**hole is bobbing and weaving in traffic going obnoxiously fast and is up my rearend but i'm not moving over to the right lane because there's no where for me to go as i'm barely ahead of the guy to my right and i can't go any faster because there are a bunch of cars in front of me -- but the jerk behind me finds it neccessary to cut off the guy in the right lane so he can squeak by and then try to get in front of me...i mean, really, is it going to make you feel better to get one car length ahead?? you can't go anywhere else cause you're surrounded by cars! i hate you driver! i wish i had a magic button in my car that allowed me to control your brakes so you would slow the f down. grrrr. ok i feel a little better now.

Last edited by CTtoPA; 08-31-2009 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: bold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,931,891 times
Lol...There..there..Feel better?

Yeah I encounter those maniacs too. I always likened how people drive to their personality. Some are just the ADD-type or the boundless energy who can't sit still or are impatient. That probably reflects on their driving too. Some are slow and methodical--driving reflects that. And some are in between or average. Just my generalization, IMHO.

I don't use my horn, I can count with one hand how many times I've used it and it's more of an emergency type of setting. For those who zap in and out of lanes, I don't bother to get riled up because I'm not the one getting a ticket or possibly colliding or hitting someone. I get over the right lane, let the tazmania pass by and get back on the lane where I was. Other times I am in a pissy mood and they are riding my a.ss, I slow down even more, maybe crawling, just to p.iss them off, LOL.

I'm pretty easy-going on the road, I guess that's the reflection on the part of my personality.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,774,149 times
just another case of road rage on the other drivers side. sometimes i wish i had a abraham tank when i'm driving..i would just hit the breaks a little and let the raging driver bend up his bumper

Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,207,253 times
LOL....I almost feel that same rage trying to read the light font color on this thread grrrrr.....lol

Oh sorry got side tracked for a sec having a fit

I agree with you

Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
LOL....I almost feel that same rage trying to read the light font color on this thread grrrrr.....lol

I agree with you
Lol, don't start..OP's already in a bad mood to begin with.

LOL... good morning double-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM

110 posts, read 175,245 times
hey.... i'm in a better mood now alice

and dblr i made my op bold just for you

Old 08-31-2009, 09:32 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,774,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post

I agree with you
i agree.. i'm raging straining my eyes. y do peps use funky colors

good colors for font. black, red, dark blue

ohhh what about white font that will really get ya teed lllooolll

Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 AM

next time, my suggestion, if you feel yourself turning red from road rage...try to step back and visualize everyone in a caricature.

Picture that maniac weaving in and out of the lane as someone that just escaped the mental hospital and so manic that his eyes are bulging out and his tongue's sticking out with drool hanging, muttering "GABBA, GABBA, GABBA" coz he's CRAZY!

or that slow driver going 25 on a 45mph zone, picture that as a hunchbacked 100 year old Mr. Magoo type, completely oblivious to the chaos around him.

I mean, who knows..if you try to look at things on the lighter side, it might ease your mood.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:38 AM

36,540 posts, read 16,124,052 times
Put on your glasses Dbl RRRRRRRRRR!! Hee Hee

Old 08-31-2009, 09:45 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,537,698 times
I guess these guys are everywhere. They are usually the guys in the car that can not get out of it's own way...but feel the need to drive it like it actually has some HP! I can only imagine they have the "I'll show you" attitude and "YES....now I'm a full car in front of you!" Idiots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics