Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,924,394 times

Advertisements

hahaha... and i thought you were supposed to be the one in a bad mood...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 02:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,218,665 times
I like to mess with people like that. I am the most passive-agressive driver out there...

On the highway, if someone is driving like the OP described, I get in the left lane and ride next to someone in the right lane, not letting them pass. I know it isn't the best thing to do, but it makes me feel better.

If someone is riding my a** on a single lane road, I keep slowing down until they back off. Once on a 35mph road, I was going 45 and someone was tailgating me badly..weaving back and forth, etc. I slowed down from 45 to 25 and kept that speed for a couple of miles. He finally got the idea, and as soon as he backed off I sped up to normal speed again.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,924,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I like to mess with people like that. I am the most passive-agressive driver out there...

On the highway, if someone is driving like the OP described, I get in the left lane and ride next to someone in the right lane, not letting them pass. I know it isn't the best thing to do, but it makes me feel better.

If someone is riding my a** on a single lane road, I keep slowing down until they back off. Once on a 35mph road, I was going 45 and someone was tailgating me badly..weaving back and forth, etc. I slowed down from 45 to 25 and kept that speed for a couple of miles. He finally got the idea, and as soon as he backed off I sped up to normal speed again.
I do that part (bolded). lol

Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,384,431 times
Last year while transporting some dogs I encountered one of these idiots who was really pushing it on I-81 which is just 2 lanes in each direction in my area. When I got to Roanoke and had handed off the dogs to the next driver I headed in to McD's for some breakfast and there were a couple of state troopers at one table. I sat down next to them and told them about the driver. They said it's best to move over and let them by when you can do so safely, don't try to play enforcer.

They also told me that when they pull these guys over they really dawdle as long as possible while writing them tickets so that they lose far more time then if they had simply gone with the flow. That made me smile.

A lot of the speeders that I see pulled over get caught by unmarked cars, little white sedans that you'd never suspect had troopers in them til you see the flashing lights sort of hidden in the grillwork.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,513,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
For those days when an OP (who will remain unnamed to protect the innocent) posts in some ungodly color (is that color even in the chart that drops down?) I offer this solution: Highlight the entire mess and it becomes white text on a black background. Not perfect, but easier on the eyes.

When you are finished go drive over some moron on the interstate with a tank. Life is good...
Not sure that it is such a bad solution to the font color issue. On your Mac, going to the Universal Access System Pref, one option for assisting people with a vision disability is White Text on a Black Background. It has been shown that this combination is clearer if you have vision problems. I do it occasionally myself, if I have to be on the computer for a while. Switching back and forth from time to time seems to help reduce the strain.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM

4,348 posts, read 3,563,416 times
Anymore, I've got to be vigilant no matter where I am. You always have to watch out for "others", because it's others that burn your buns every time you get in a jam.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:20 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,735 times
I hate both tailgaters and left-lane hogs.

But what annoys me are the idiots who refuse to turn on their headlights so people can see them! If it's foggy, turn on your lights! If it's early dawn or late dusk, turn on your lights! If it's raining, turn on your lights!

Maybe it's confirmation bias or something, but it seems like a huge percentage of these folks who hate to turn on their lights are driving gray, dull silver, beige or tan cars. Colors that blend right into the scenery like camouflage. Do they not get it that if they're driving some kind of stealth vehicle that can't be seen, they are going to get hit? Hmmm? Guess not. Dumbth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics