Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:45 AM

80 posts, read 70,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
the NBA corporate suits will have a heart attack if they get magic-nuggets in the finals, they know its a ratings disaster and are drooling for lebron-kobe.
The NBA gets what they deserve when the no name brand teams make it to the Finals, they stack all their chips on the same teams and same players all the time. Im hoping for Grizzles-Clippers Finals next year, and Bobcats-Kings Finals after that!

There are 30 Teams in the league not 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
It's good to be a Magic Fan!! This feels like 95 all over again but instead taking down King Jordan it is King James and instead of losing to in 4 we are going to win in 4!!!
I say Magic in 6 again

Old 05-31-2009, 06:30 PM

80 posts, read 70,772 times
Orlando is not a sports town.....The team is going to the Finals and even the locals are not interested. lol.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalpatineJones View Post
Orlando is not a sports town.....The team is going to the Finals and even the locals are not interested. lol.
Do you live in Orlando? You can't go anywhere without seeing Magic everywhere right now. The arena, sports bars, and regular downtown bars are packed for every game with projector screens and parties. What exactly about this says that the locals are not interested??

Old 05-31-2009, 07:41 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalpatineJones View Post
yeah idk what your talking about, even out in the suburbs everyone is happily rooting for the magic. Magic merchandise is sold out EVERYWHERE in the orlando area. I had to get a relative who lives 2 hours outside of orlando to get me my magic jersey cuz every walmart i called in orange and seminole county were sold out.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,442 times
I was downtown yesterday afternoon and have to tell you that this town if Fired up about the Magic. Every business was decked out in Blue and Silver and every person walking around had a Magic Jersey on. Plus this thread is on it's 6th page so I really don't see your point.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I wore my Dwight Howard shirt out today. I spoke to at least 5 random people about the Magic. Everyone is so excited. All the conversations were initiated by other people when they saw me wearing my Magic attire. Some people surprised me...they didn't look like sports fan. Well I guess right now, whether you like basketball or not we're all Magic fans. GO MAGIC!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
It's good to be a Magic Fan!! This feels like 95 all over again but instead taking down King Jordan it is King James and instead of losing to in 4 we are going to win in 4!!!
I wouldn't compare James to Jordan or even Kobe to Jordan. I remember that Nick Anderson play from behind, that was the year Jordan just came back from retirement and wasn't in full shape. But the next year, it was the start of another three championships in a row...six total. Only one other player can boast as many championships as Jordan in a short time span, and that is Bill Russell who has 11 championships in 13 seasons.

Now, back to the present, only very few people outside of Orlando are giving the Magic a chance. I actually think the Lakers are in trouble, they don't realize what force they're running into with Dwight and this Magic team. As long as the role players like Turkoglu, Pietrus, Alston, Lee, and Lewis come through with their three-pointers, I wouldn't be surprised that the Magic win this in six. But it will be interesting to see how hungry and driven Kobe is to win a championship without Shaq, particularly when he was denied of it just last year. You think Shaq is a Magic fan the next two weeks?

I will say this about how Phil Jackson is going to coach the Lakers. He's going to have them play very close and physical defense, which is what none of the other teams have done against the Magic in their playoff run. I know Phil is going to try and get some of his bench players and role players to get under Dwight's skin. Watch for Andrew Bynum and Luke Walton to be poking, prodding and annoying Dwight. Jackson has a knack for introducing a little goonsmanship and head or mind games into the basketball game.

It will be a great series, I'm not a fan of either team, but I usually root for the underdog in these situations, and that's the Magic. I'm tired of teams like the Lakers going for their 14th championship in history, second only to Boston.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:03 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Oh, you guys remember Trevor Arizza? Wasn't he a former Magic that got traded to the Lakers just last year or two ago? Boy this will even make it more interesting. He's been the best defensive player for the Lakers in these playoffs, probably with a chip on his shoulder against his former team.

And, instead of Lebron vs. Kobe, it's Disney Land vs. Disney World, LOL. A true matchup of East versus West.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:58 PM

127 posts, read 499,709 times
The winning game was simply amazing! So looking forward to Lakers vs. Magic!
and Magic fever has been everywhere!!!! Facebook statuses are ALL magic related the day of the games....Community has really come together to support thier team....be it bandwagoners or not...its nice to see people getting along and having something in common to be happy about lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando