Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:20 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Thats true, but we always have next year and at least the Phillies gave us a championship.
I've noticed that you spend an awful lot of time on Orlando threads for someone who doesn't live here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Regardless of who wins tonight, Orlando has the absolute lamest pregame introduction program.

What an embarrassment for the true sports fans of Orlando.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Regardless of who wins tonight, Orlando has the absolute lamest pregame introduction program.

What an embarrassment for the true sports fans of Orlando.
Well, the Lakers' pre-game intro wasn't any better either. But nobody can beat Chicago's intro during the Jordan years. It set the standard that no one can top today. That Parson's Project song was awesome during the intro: <p></p>
YouTube - Chicago Bulls Players' Introduction

I thought Orlando's was ok, but the mascot and cheerleaders rappeling down to the floor was a little over the top.

BTW, one of Michael Jordan's sons is playing for UCF this season.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Down 0-2, not good, but not out. Going home and a loud Orlando crowd may help the boys take all three at home, but definitely at least two of the three. I don't see Orlando losing more than one game at home. It's not over yet. I'm not a Magic fan, but I support the underdog and don't like the Lakers.
I'm just surprised that I don't see as many posts or signs of encouragement BEFORE the game. Despite being down 0-2, this series is far from over, as long as they keep playing as they are in Game 3 so far. I hope Orlando fans don't come out of the woodwork only after they win a game or two..or more. Come on, show your support! I'm actually watching the game right now as I'm on this board. The only thing that would make a Magic fan nervous is that Kobe is keeping it close.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
I think its going to be a clean sweep for the Lakers. The Magic are way over their heads.
Both of us wrong. It won't be a sweep and Orlando will not be down 3-0. The Lakers are still the superior team in this series though. But the Magic needed this game.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I think its going to be a clean sweep for the Lakers. The Magic are way over their heads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Both of us wrong. It won't be a sweep and Orlando will not be down 3-0. The Lakers are still the superior team in this series though. But the Magic needed this game.
I really wouldn't be surprised if the Magic took all three in Orlando, they are really tough at home. But realistically I think they'll still take at least two out of three at home, and will have to win twice in LA to win it all.

But it's kind of looking ridiculous on the news with all the celebration for winning one game, albeit the Magic's first win in Finals history. I guess anything to celebrate in Orlando and keep the liquor business going.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:28 AM

111 posts, read 342,136 times
62% from the field and we barely win. Let's play some defense next time!!! Go Magic!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Is Superstokedahappylistic a word? If it ain't I can't find the word to describe how I feel after last nights victory.

Yes, we celebrated like we just won game 7 but hey it's our first Finals victory EVER!!! Speaking of celebration I went out on the town to check out the game last night. I started in Thornton Park where parking was nearly impossible to find. Most bars were doing really good business. The funny thing is a guy asked if he could buy the booth my friends and I were sitting at.

In these tough economic times the Finals coming to town is real economic shot in the arm. The downtown area is getting the bulk of the benefits but when everyone is just so excited, it really encourages people to spend. I've seen make shift Magic shops popping at gas stations all over downtown. They're selling bootleg Magic gear but some of the stuff is actually pretty clever. I'm looking to get the "Beat L.A.!" t-shirt.

This past few weeks, people are just generally nicer and in a better mood, want to start a conversation, say "Go Magic!" I've never had so many random conversations with strangers, on the street, in the elevator, waiting in line, at the grocery store, you name it. Win or lose the series this is great for our city. The international exposure is great too, hopefully it'll result in more tourist dollars for us. Those shots of downtown from overhead and Lake Eola were great.

It's an exciting time to be in Orlando, thank you Magic. GO MAGIC!!! BELIEVE!!!

Last edited by Crane's Rooster; 06-10-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 AM

573 posts, read 1,690,002 times
Ok, I can finally breathe now. Orlando went nuts last night! Everyone just poured out where I was. A friend of mine went to the game last night and said the arena was loud as hell. I can't wait to get my turn on Thursday!!!

Go MAGIC!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Is Superstokedahappylistic a word? If it ain't I can't find the word to describe how I feel after last nights victory.

Yes, we celebrated like we just won game 7 but hey it's our first Finals victory EVER!!! Speaking of celebration I went out on the town to check out the game last night. I started in Thornton Park where parking was nearly impossible to find. Most bars were doing really good business. The funny thing is a guy asked if he could buy the booth my friends and I were sitting at.

In these tough economic times the Finals coming to town is real economic shot in the arm. The downtown area is getting the bulk of the benefits but when everyone is just so excited, it really encourages people to spend. I've seen make shift Magic shops popping at gas stations all over downtown. They're selling bootleg Magic gear but some of the stuff is actually pretty clever. I'm looking to get the "Beat L.A.!" t-shirt.

This past few weeks, people are just generally nicer and in a better mood, want to start a conversation, say "Go Magic!" I've never had so many random conversations with strangers, on the street, in the elevator, waiting in line, at the grocery store, you name it. Win or lose the series this is great for our city. The international exposure is great too, hopefully it'll result in more tourist dollars for us. Those shots of downtown from overhead and Lake Eola were great.

It's an exciting time to be in Orlando, thank you Magic. GO MAGIC!!! BELIEVE!!!
I don't know if you noticed, but during the Eastern Conference playoffs against Cleveland, the overhead shots of Orlando were dark, because they had the lights all around the Amway arena off or dark. I guess Mayor Buddy saw that and told OUC to keep those lights on, and turn on the lights to the surrounding parking lots and tennis courts, so it looked much better, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando