Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,815 times

Advertisements

Hey guys...

I promise I did a fairly thorough search before posting this......but didn't really find a good answer.

I am coming down to Orlando for a conference and am thinking of staying through the weekend with my wife and 3 year old daughter. The question is, is it worth us going to Magic Kingdom for just one day? We may be able to squeeze in another half day at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately our schedules just don't give us much wiggle room but we'd love to take our daughter while it's still magical for her.

Is there just too much to see and do for a 3 year old in one day at Magic Kingdom? Keep in mind we likely won't be doing rides or just doing kiddie type rides only. Would the cost be prohibitive for just a one day visit? We'd be coming in early March, if that makes a difference...on a Saturday (unfortunately).

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,256,670 times
You can totally do MK in one day with a 3 year old and have a great time. Do it!

Old 01-28-2011, 10:27 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,892,018 times
You can easily do it in one day. Have a great time! See if you can do the Breakfast with the Princesses thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Actually one day at MK with a 3 YO is just about right....if she were 6 or older I'd say you needed more time.

I'm waiting until my grandkids are 5 before I take them.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,815 times
Wow, I'm relieved to hear that! I'd rather wait until she's older, but this opportunity presented itself, so we're going to try to take advantage of it. Thanks so much for the responses.

What is the temperature generally like in Orlando for early March?

Does anyone know about how quickly the breakfast with the Princesses thing books up? I imagine that is very popular right now.

Thanks again!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,892,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Wow, I'm relieved to hear that! I'd rather wait until she's older, but this opportunity presented itself, so we're going to try to take advantage of it. Thanks so much for the responses.

What is the temperature generally like in Orlando for early March?

Does anyone know about how quickly the breakfast with the Princesses thing books up? I imagine that is very popular right now.

Thanks again!
It will probably warm up to the low 80s during the day. March is beautiful in Florida. Although, it is January 28th and it is 65 and sunny here in Jacksonville.

We haven't done the breakfast with the princesses in several years. My kids are older now. Maybe someone with recent experience can answer that one. My girls loved it when they were younger!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM

64 posts, read 145,319 times
Plese review links for your benefits.
Fast Pass Walt Disney World - Theme Parks

Cinderella's Royal Table | Magic Kingdom Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort

OO is magic

Old 01-28-2011, 11:35 AM

142 posts, read 363,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Hey guys...

I promise I did a fairly thorough search before posting this......but didn't really find a good answer.

I am coming down to Orlando for a conference and am thinking of staying through the weekend with my wife and 3 year old daughter. The question is, is it worth us going to Magic Kingdom for just one day? We may be able to squeeze in another half day at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately our schedules just don't give us much wiggle room but we'd love to take our daughter while it's still magical for her.

Is there just too much to see and do for a 3 year old in one day at Magic Kingdom? Keep in mind we likely won't be doing rides or just doing kiddie type rides only. Would the cost be prohibitive for just a one day visit? We'd be coming in early March, if that makes a difference...on a Saturday (unfortunately).

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You most definitely could spend a day and it would be perfect, except they are closing down Fantasy Land temporarily to expand and it will be under construction. With a 3 yr. old, that's where you would spend the majority of your time. I know, my husband works in the Disney IT dept., he always knows what going on before everyone else. Hope you could read this in time to save you money. Good luck!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,058,703 times
March is awesome in Orlando. It will be warm and dry in the day time and nice and cool in the evening. Winter has been incredible so far this year.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 PM

193 posts, read 624,320 times
Fantasyland is being redesigned but I don't think they are closing it to do the construction.
Here is a list of some things that are closing:

Mickey's Toontown Fair is closing February 12, 2011
Including:
Mickey's Toontown Fair train stop
Goofy's Barnstormer
County Bounty (Princess and Fairy meet and greets)
Judge's Tent (Mickey and Minnie meet and greet)
Donald's Boat
Mickey's House
Minnie's House

Storytime with Belle closed on September 12, 2010

Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playground closed on April 12, 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: