Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM

23 posts, read 111,804 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to fly to Orlando on Feb. 24 to see some vacant lot in Saint Cloud. Can you please give me your opinion about the town, it is a nice town, low crime, too country? How is the commute to Orlando, do I have to take I-4 or there is an alternate route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 PM

307 posts, read 2,107,258 times
I know saint cloud, i visit there and have family there and got married there too! it is a quiet town that is up and coming, but charming and quiet. [/mod]soliciting[/mod] The 417 is a great way to get around, and sometimes is helpful instead of using I-4. if i can help you, i'd be happy to do so! take care!

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 02-25-2007 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: You can't soliciting business here.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 PM

631 posts, read 2,452,919 times
Saint Cloud was once a small farm town but is now beginning to bust at the seems. It was once a crime free place, but now Kissimmee is spilling over into St. Cloud and things are changing. It all depends on where you're buying. I moved from there in August - just didnt like the demographics, traffic, and crime anymore.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:14 AM

442 posts, read 2,913,988 times
I have friends that live in St cloud, they still like it there, however they have noticed the infflux of less then desirables moving in...the Traffic is a night mare off 192 so becarefull...st cloud is not what it use to be

Old 02-26-2007, 05:33 AM

86 posts, read 484,378 times
Default St. Cloud

I only visit family there over the winter. I read a few things earlier this month. Population is approx. 22,000 which is much larger than it was 10 years ago. Article said it was one of the fastest growing cities in Florida and sounded like it was going to continue until it was bigger than Kissimee. (They are just shy of 60,000 population) I'm assuming St. CLoud must be bigger land wise.
192 is busy for the most part, but not grid locked from what I have seen. There are also many alternative routes to take to get around. (Osceola Parkway was one I used often)
It is building up fast, but still has a small town atmosphere in many ways. The Lake Toho park is awesome, and many people come from all around to spend time there.
As stated, I only visit for a week or two during the winter, but I think it is very nice.
I do notice a large amount of people that are rather rude while shopping or driving. Being polite seems to be on the back burner at times. I assume that is from the bigger cities spilling over as stated earlier.

Good luck!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 PM

23 posts, read 111,804 times
I just came back from Florida. I visited few areas and the most that I liked were Saint Cloud and Kissimmee. I think that I'm going to buy a vacant lot in St. Cloud in Bay Ranch Lake.

I was having mixed feeling to move to Florida after reading all the posts in here. So, I decided to go there and look around and visit different areas. To be honest now I love Florida.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,284,217 times
If you have children St. Cloud is a great place. They have the best schools in the county. But like others have said the traffic is getting very bad especially since there are only two ways out of that town and one of them (Neptune Road) is about to be under some major construction. I think the housing in St. Cloud is a little overpriced at the moment as well. Hope this helps!

Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,842 times
Default Lot

Let me know if you are still looking for a lot in St Cloud. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ91 View Post
I just came back from Florida. I visited few areas and the most that I liked were Saint Cloud and Kissimmee. I think that I'm going to buy a vacant lot in St. Cloud in Bay Ranch Lake.

I was having mixed feeling to move to Florida after reading all the posts in here. So, I decided to go there and look around and visit different areas. To be honest now I love Florida.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:01 PM

41 posts, read 215,655 times
Default beware

i grew up in st.cloud,it was great.we lived on the outskirts.if you went to town and passed a car you would wave,because you surely knew them.but then it happened,in the past 5 years,it went crazy.the only good thing that happened was i made a mint on my house,i now live in n.c. it is fantastic.if you like lots of traffic,lots of people and you speak spanish you will love it there.i myself dont,,good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando