Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:30 AM

24 posts, read 86,264 times

Advertisements

Ok, so can anyone living in Saint Cloud or that central area tell me if it's a nice, family oriented, safe town to move to? I don't care so much about who my neighbors are as far as ethnicity as much as I do they are nice, quality people who will care as my family does about living in a safe neighborhood. We are from NJ and planning on relocating this year. Does anyone have specific info on the apartments there? Summer Cove? Sawyer Estates? We'd appreciate it, some of these posts are very concerning. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:12 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,316 times
A few years back we looked into Sawyer Estates and were very impressed. For the price it was great. St. Cloud has its fair share of problems but it is still a safe town. I would drive through the neighborhood on a Friday or Saturday night and see what kind of activity was going on and if it were quiet before making a decision. Here is a link to another thread about St. Cloud that you can get other people's opinions. https://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...-cloud-fl.html

Old 07-06-2008, 01:56 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,753 times
St cloud around the old downtown area is nice and historical It`s safe some don`t like the area but it`s a nice little town it has a really nice park and lake if you have children.

I would move somewhere by the downtown or along that park not in the cookie cutter newer areas.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:51 PM

95 posts, read 355,839 times
To tell you the truth, as a visitor, i did not like it at all. It could be me though

Old 12-27-2008, 02:03 AM

9 posts, read 39,257 times
I live in Saint Cloud and have for many years, so forgive me that I do not agree with those who have only visited here.
As a mother I definitely would not recommend the historic area as a previous poster advised. Since they have renovated the lake front with the new park there are many "visitors" who do not live here but come to use the lakefront so there are alot of undesirable types walking the streets in the area now where as 4 years ago it was very quiet and quaint. I personally do not even take my children there anymore. It is definitely on the decline in that area.
As for the apartment complexes most are income based so you have to make very little to qualify to live there and then they are not very desirable. Im not sure of your income level or if you are a one or two adult household, but most families with a two parent household would not qualify unless both are only making close to minimum wage. The rent also is around $900 for most 3 bedrooms and you can get a MUCH nicer house for around $1200. Again I would not recommend the apts for family friendly areas either. I tried to live in one before getting married and ended up breaking the lease and paying all the fees with it to get out!
We personally live in Stevens Plantation and LOVE it! Its still in central Saint Cloud convienent to everything. There is Publix, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and many restaurants all within minutes. I do personally know there are many rentals in the Magnolia Green subdivision here in Stevens Plantation ranging from $1200-$1500 a month depending on the size of the house. All are newer houses. It is also zoned for an St Cloud Elementary which is in walking distance and is an A rated school and has been for many years.
Another great area if you are looking for higher end homes is Bay Lake Ranch. These are custom homes and most lots have acreage. This is a little further from town center but is an awesome community. Rentals there start at around $1500 and go up from there.
If there are any more specific questions you have just let me know I would be happy to help you out.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:49 PM

290 posts, read 688,471 times
Good ollllll' St. Cloud...I grew up there back in the late 80's-early 90's when it was still a small place and a bunch of country back roads. But it's definitely changed since then.

From what I've seen in visiting through there every once in a while, it seems like things have changed for the good. There's not a lot of jobs though (decent at least), so most of the people that live there will drive into Kissimmee or Orlando for work. The one thing I've always heard though concerning kids, more so older teenagers, is that in like most small towns without a lot to do, drugs & silly vandalism are issues. Don't get me wrong, I know Orlando & Kissimmee are bad, but that's what these kids in St. Cloud do..they get bored, drive up to the "city" to buy drugs and what not, and bring it back to S.C. As far as serious crime though, it's a better place. Except for cases when drunken old guys leave the bars late a night on a vengence...just sayin.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,575 times
I wouldn't recommend living in St. Cloud.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 PM

631 posts, read 2,450,846 times
In 2004 I had a nice house in St. Cloud and the town was very "small town" feeling with nice people. 2 years later it was Kissimmee East. I don't mean that in a good way. It went downhill FAST. Kissimmee's downtown is actually nicer (no offense but how could anyone think SC's downtown is nice? It's nasty and worn out).

If you plan to work elsewhere that would have to take you on the turnpike each day, I would really think hard and do a LOT of research before I moved there.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 26,207 times
I have lived in Saint Cloud for 3 years now. I am married with 3 young children. We lived in Sawyer Estates for 2 years and liked it. The water bill is a joke though. The residents are getting riped off, that is the reason we moved. On the other hand it is the best apartment complex for the money. I recommed living there until you can purchase a house. I also recommend sending the children to Canoe Creek Charter Academy. I have met very few people who I would not like around my children.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 19,121 times
Talking Historic Downtown is NOW Filling up with TRENDY SHOPS....

I agree with all the positive input on the city....I do not know how it was before 2008 when I opened my business...now I am in the process of moving my home also....St. Cloud is one of those rare SMALL towns...country charm, friendly people - yes some old town drunks, but they are harmless...it is part of the "color"...SAFE...great to raise kids....if you were born there or visited before summer of 2008, you will VERY pleasantly surprised to visit Downtown with the many NEW GREAT cafe's with outdoor eating, Art Galleries, Trendy SHops & Boutiques, Antiques, Irish Pub, Old Town Hotel, Cigar SHop, Wine Tasting Events, STARBUCKS Coffee, Auction houses, Dance Studio, Karate Studio, Magic Shop, Duo-Plex Movie Theatre, Bingo Hall, art & craft shows, live music, Farmer's Market, etc.... even in this economy we are all doing fine & holding well... that is more than a lot of the shopping areas in Florida can boast.... so take a ride & stroll along the streets of our Historic town, full of Country Charm...speak to the NEW local merchants & make your decision then....

Last edited by artsylady10; 06-09-2009 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando