Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,384 times

Advertisements

How is the Oviedo area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 AM

53 posts, read 489,586 times
Oveido is past the cities of Casselberry and Winter Springs (near Central Florida Greeneway).

There are 2 public high schools, 2 public middle schools and 4 public elementary schools.

It's small, quiet. Not much goes on there.

There's a butterfly farm nearby.

Residents there basically play golf.

I believe it's in Seminole county.

Orlando is about half and hour away (depending on traffic, of course).

Hope that helps.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 9,384 times
I am going to attend college at Seminole Community College and I was planning on attending the Oviedo campus, I was just wondering how the area was, and if it was a good place for a college student to live. HOW IS RENT THERE?

Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 PM

26 posts, read 95,044 times
ITs a formerly rural place, but is now a typical suburb: strip malls, a medium sized enclosed mall, subdivisions, and apartment complexes. Its on the 417 Greeneway toll road, which makes for a reasonable commute to central Orlando and other points. Oviedo is also quite close to UCF, so plenty of students end up renting there (rent is a lot less than it is closer to town). Crime is not bad, and its fairly clean and quiet, but again, its a suburban lifestyle (bring a car!).

Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 8,142 times
i'm moving to orlando in July can someone tell about a good apartment complex (you know family friendly, good schools etc) thanks Claudia from el Paso texas

Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM

88 posts, read 312,160 times
If you can give us a 'landmark'....something in the city that you would want to be close to...then I am sure the posters here can come up with a variety of options for you. Did you have a particular part of the city in mind yet?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 8,142 times
The thing is I've never been in Orlando. I really don't know if it is better to live near the atractions or far away. I have read that windemere, winter park are family friendly places with good schools to live. Please help thanks

Old 05-09-2009, 06:00 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamps View Post
The thing is I've never been in Orlando. I really don't know if it is better to live near the atractions or far away. I have read that windemere, winter park are family friendly places with good schools to live. Please help thanks
I'd avoid living near the attractions if at all possible. It's a place to vacation, not live.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccamps View Post
It is really just personal preference. The nice areas of town closer to the attractions like Dr Phillips, Windermere, Hunters Creek, etc. are known for having less trees but still a lot of lakes, more restaurants, golf courses, great shopping, but they are less family oriented.

The areas like Lake Mary, Oviedo, Winter Springs, have more trees, better schools, quieter less stimulating neighborhoods, and are more family oriented.

It all depends on your taste and what you are looking for. I would not just assume one is better for you and I would not tell you to avoid the attractions area all together. It is something you have to decide for yourself and there are great neighborhoods in both areas. There are also a lot more decidedly urban neighborhoods that are very nice like Winter Park, College Park, Colonialtown, Thornton Park, closer to downtown still having great restaurants and schools but where you are closer to some crime ridden areas and riff raff so it may also not be the best selection for you either.

I think you have 5 major types of areas in town. 2 I would avoid are the dumpy areas like:

Union Park, Azalea Park, Oak Ridge,

The second is the straight up bad areas like:

Parramore, Pine Hills

The other three are nice areas but the taste and preference are decidedly more urban (like Winter Park), suburban (like Lake Mary), or in between but closer to the attractions (Dr Phillips).

Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 AM

5 posts, read 14,883 times
Oviedo is nice and definitely growing but feels a bit removed from the rest of the city. It's very affordable but if being near some of the trendier parts of town is important to you then I'd consider a different area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando