Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:47 AM

25 posts, read 90,394 times

Advertisements

I live near the Vista Lakes area not too far from Lake Nona. This whole area, though it still seems a bit rural to you, has developed a lot in the 5 years I have been here and with all the planned medical campuses and institutions coming, your area will have much more available soon I am sure.

In the meantime here are some places I have found:
- Durian Durian (Thai Cuisine) : In the same plaza as the Publix (Moss Park), but further back, in the same block as the Outback, & over a bit from Carrieras. Food was very good, reasonably priced and the owner remembers her customers by name even when you haven't been in months! I found the portions could be a bit larger but very tasty, authentic and it is right there in your backyard.

- Nona Sushi (Japanese) : This was a bit more expensive than I thought it would be for a strip plaza restaurant but surprisingly, it's the best sushi I have had in Orlando so far. I have only ever had sushi there though their menu includes a lot more, but it stood out for me for freshness and flavor. I was surprised. The "Candy Cane" sushi was one of my favs (the natural color of the fish
slices arranged to give the presentation and name).
- Nils - I went once and was treated very well, liked the cut and color, but found it to be much more than I can pay on a regular basis. It is more of a professional salon. Having said that, I
have to agree with the person above that the Hair Masters right there in the strip plaza beside Dunkin Donuts a block up from the Publix was very good in spite of being a "chain" salon. I have been to 2 stylists there so far (Vicky or Nancy), who have been very professional, friendly and I have been quite happy with their cuts/styling.

- Post office - I think someone above may already have mentioned - the one near the airport
stays open very late, so if you have a letter that NEEDS to go out, it isn't too too far
away. Also the Hess gas station on the corner of Narcoosee and Lee Vista, though it is not
the cleanest station, does offer postal services/supplies.

- I tried Pasquale's in the Chickasaw/Lee Vista shopping center twice, not sure if that was
the one you were referring to, but I thought it was awful ...both times. Carrieras in your
plaza there was not that great either as you said, but they have a branch on Sand Lake nearer to
Universal Studios that is very good. Ferraras Pizza and Pasta on Curry Ford is reonably asnear to you. Their New york style pizza is extremely good and they have other Italian dishes as well.

- Meats/Produce - I have not been there yet, but have been told by a coworker that "Momm's
Meats and Popp's Produce" is a butcher shop which apparently is known in Orlando, and it has received very good feedback- 400 East Compton Street, Orlando, FL 32806-5410 - about 9 miles away.

- Winter park farmer's market is a wonderful little outing on a Saturday morning. Bring your
dog if you like.

- Italian - I have plans to try Café Trastevere, a friend went and enjoyed it very much. It
is on N. Magnolia Ave. I have been to Gargi's Lakeside Ristorante which is not in your
immediate area. It is right on the lake, sunset views (
Sunset at Gargi's (Orlando) on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30472988@N00/2225373530/ - broken link) ), old-world style, friendly/good
service, food was enjoyable (not amazing, but quite good) It is a bit pricey so not somewhere to go weekly/monthly. Nearer to you would be Buca di Beppo, which is in the Florida Mall, but separate from the main shopping area at the back. It is not fine dining, but pretty good Italian. I found it a bit noisy, maybe because it was so busy when I went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM

93 posts, read 403,848 times
Default Hotels with restaurants

The ones on Semoran Boulevard as you come off the airport - have restaurants inside, plus you have all the other restaurants along the strip and a brand new Longhorn Steak House just opened. Bonefish Grill is opening soon,

Wine House is opening in Lake Nona adjacent to Lake Nona Golf & Country Club.

Sweet Mama's on Narcoossee Road across from the new High School is not bad, particularly the breakfasts.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,845 times
Rife's on 192/Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. in Saint Cloud (13 miles south on Narcoossee) is one of the best butcher shops in Central Florida.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95degrees View Post

- Nona Sushi (Japanese) : This was a bit more expensive than I thought it would be for a strip plaza restaurant but surprisingly, it's the best sushi I have had in Orlando so far. I have only ever had sushi there though their menu includes a lot more, but it stood out for me for freshness and flavor. I was surprised. The "Candy Cane" sushi was one of my favs (the natural color of the fish
slices arranged to give the presentation and name).
That is good to hear about that place. I will have to try it out.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 AM

4 posts, read 14,606 times
Just found this forum and loving all the great information about Lake Nona! We have a growing networking group for women in Lake Nona and I would invite you to come visit us. Great way to expand your business as well as learn about other businesses in the area. Please contact me directly if you'd like more information. We meet 1st & 3rd Wednesdays at Wine House at Lake Nona.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:05 AM

Just found this forum, so late reply but there is a great Italian restaurant in East Orlando so it's not too far from Lake Nona & well worth the trip! Louie & Maria's Italian Restaurant on East Colonial between Econ Trail and Dean Road. Louie & Maria's Italian Restaurant is the website and they're on Facebook too. Our FAVORITE Italian Restaurant in Orlando!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,670 times
Hi, for does who looking for services I'm Edwin 407.601.7903 a Hairdresser locate at Nona commons plaza near Outback restaurant but also I'm look for any info about the plans of the new shopping mall at lake Nona

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Hello! Just wanted to post a quick note to invite those that would like to come check out our wonderful networking group - WOAMTEC in Lake Nona. Our next meeting is 9/21 at Wine House in Lake Nona on Narcoossee Road. You can find out more at WOAMTEC and look for Lake Nona Chapter and/or join our FB group at WOAMTEC Lake Nona | Facebook. Women required - men welcomed!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 01:25 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,983 times
Does anyone know if they will be opening a Target in the area?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Happy Holidays to everyone! I would like you to come join us at our Lake Nona Woamtec Chapter and start off your 2012 with the best networking group around! We have moved to a new location - Eagle Creek Golf Club - and meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays each month. We will be kicking off 2012 on Wednesday January 4th & would love to have you join us! Please send me an email at lakenona@woamtec.com or join our Lake Nona Woamtec Facebook page for more info & to RSVP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando