Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 08:54 AM

22 posts, read 25,552 times

Advertisements

We will be visiting Orlando in May to finalize our decision to move to Orlando from Chicago. Can someone please compare lake Mary and lake Nona . I will be seeking work in a hospital or Physicians office so I didn't know if medical city would have more job opportunities . Restaurants and shopping also important. Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Rent until you get a job because Lake Nona and Lake Mary are at opposite edges of Orlando.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:14 PM

59 posts, read 171,660 times
Medical City (Lake Nona) is still in the early stages, many many years before it is build out. VA and Nemours would be the two hospitals, and very few Dr. office's out here yet. Restaurant and shopping is very limited. It is starting to be built, but still very limited.

Lake Mary offers more shops, restaurants, and probably jobs too. I live in Lake Nona, and it's nice, but not much here yet.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:47 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djneph View Post
Medical City (Lake Nona) is still in the early stages, many many years before it is build out. VA and Nemours would be the two hospitals, and very few Dr. office's out here yet. Restaurant and shopping is very limited. It is starting to be built, but still very limited.

Lake Mary offers more shops, restaurants, and probably jobs too. I live in Lake Nona, and it's nice, but not much here yet.
^^^^This. Lake Mary is older, more established and generally offers more in terms of employment, dining, shopping and entertainment. With Heathrow town center nearby Lake Mary has alot of dining options you won't find in Lake Nona just yet. Also Altamonte Springs is directly to the south and has all the big box and national chain stores (ie. Target, Walmart, Sams, Home Depot, etc) you would need, many of which also have locations in Lake Mary.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:20 PM

22 posts, read 25,552 times
Thank you !!!

Old 03-31-2016, 08:58 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Also Altamonte Springs is directly to the south and has all the big box and national chain stores (ie. Target, Walmart, Sams, Home Depot, etc) you would need.
And Altamonte Springs has the new Whole Foods Market, love their outdoor eating area

Old 04-01-2016, 07:09 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
^^^^This. Lake Mary is older, more established and generally offers more in terms of employment, dining, shopping and entertainment. With Heathrow town center nearby Lake Mary has alot of dining options you won't find in Lake Nona just yet. Also Altamonte Springs is directly to the south and has all the big box and national chain stores (ie. Target, Walmart, Sams, Home Depot, etc) you would need, many of which also have locations in Lake Mary.
Same with Sanford, which is immediately North and East of Lake Mary. With Altamonte to the South and Sanford on the other side, Lake Mary is a prime location IMO. Traffic getting in and out can be a *****, which may be its only downside.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Same with Sanford, which is immediately North and East of Lake Mary. With Altamonte to the South and Sanford on the other side, Lake Mary is a prime location IMO. Traffic getting in and out can be a *****, which may be its only downside.
I agree. The issue with Lake Mary was the poor planning early on with very little north/south roads built, forcing all of the traffic onto Lake Mary Blvd. I think the West Sanford area is becoming more attractive to some as it is gaining more and more retailers, which is appealing to those who are over the Lake Mary Blvd/Rinehart Rd traffic. There's apparently a new deal inked that has a new mixed-use plaza (with residential) going in at Lake Mary Blvd and Longwood-Lake Mary Rd that will feature Trader Joe's as a tenant. That's really going to clog things up when completed in my opinion.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:00 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There's apparently a new deal inked that has a new mixed-use plaza (with residential) going in at Lake Mary Blvd and Longwood-Lake Mary Rd that will feature Trader Joe's as a tenant. That's really going to clog things up when completed in my opinion.
Do tell where you read about TJ's coming to Lake Mary?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:32 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post
Do tell where you read about TJ's coming to Lake Mary?
I didn't read. I heard from a source directly familiar with the process (financially speaking) who has seen the latest project rendering. There have been rumblings from varying sources about TJ's poking around in Northern Seminole County the past few years and they were supposedly an almost on the space where Fresh Market wound up instead. Griffin Farm Town Center is the name of this project and would bet before too long some kind of announcement would have to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando