Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM

231 posts, read 1,142,052 times

Advertisements

Not talking about the homeless, as we all know that Disney outlaws vagrancy, but I'm speaking of permanent residents. I'm also not including the town of Celebration in this. I'm just wondering if anyone actually lives in the park itself. I've heard that Old man Disney(walt)lived above a store on main street in Disneyland in the early 60's. Also heard he was buried under the Pirates of the Carribean ride as well. I guess another question on that theme would be if anyone is buried in DW or DL. Anyone have any answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 08:37 PM

231 posts, read 1,142,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando'an View Post
"Does anyone live IN Disney World?"

i appear to live in la-la land... does this count?
No, cause that just means you are from LA.........which is okay in my book...but not quite living in Disney World! HAHA! So, anyone out there live in Disney World, or anyone out there LIKE to if given a chance? Would you live in the castle for free if that meant being gazed upon by tourists, except when sleeping and using the facilities?

Old 12-02-2007, 08:42 PM

58 posts, read 51,683 times
i definitely wouldnt want ppl watching me sleeping or "using the facilities." hahaha

Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM

61 posts, read 263,431 times
Moderator cut: removed quote

Have a sense of humor, it's a funny question.

Plus, I bet tons of children wonder the same thing.

ores

Last edited by Keeper; 12-05-2007 at 07:59 PM..

Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 28,952 times
Ohhkay, there is a man who once or still does live in the middle of Disney. When Walt Disney bought 27 thousand acres of land in Florida everyone sold the land. But, there was this one old man who would not sell his land. If you go to EPCOT you might see his house. They made a walkway for him to get his mail. My geography teacher, Mr. Martino, said him and a friend went to Disney and saw him wearing a red robe coming from a normal house. But then again, that was like nine or ten years ago. Maybe he's dead. Who knows? (:

Old 05-27-2008, 10:33 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
Default Amusing

Ok, old man is long gone.....true story tho.

No one lives on the grounds of WDW.
Walt Disney was in the process of creating rooms in Cinderella's castle for his friends to stay in while visiting the parks when he passed away.
Disney has since finished the rooms and randomly picks people daily from park visitors to stay the night. Here's a little thing that isn't advertised....most people turn them down...citing the bother of picking up and moving their stuff from one place to another.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM

91 posts, read 496,021 times
Nobody lives in the parks but they do live on Disney property. There are trailers not far from Downtown Disney that people live in. And there is a place of Reams road that people live in that is on disney property. I've worked there 23 years and I have never heard of a old man living near Epcot. There is property close to Epcot that Disney does not own and they have built a hotel on it.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM

67 posts, read 248,618 times
Helloooooo... Ever heard of the international cast members (those working at EPCOT worlds usually)? Some of those cast members live temporarily on property (until they relocate back home at the end of their programs). And I'm not talking across the interstate... I'm talking in one of the old resorts. Anybody who works there now should know this.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:24 AM
grant516

n/a posts
Check the population of the cities of Bay Lake, FL and Lake Buena Vista, FL.

Those who 'live' in those communities steer the votes of the committees for Disney and the Reedy Creek Improvement district.

No one who lives there full time counts.
No one who counts lives there full time.

If that makes any sense.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Soon ppl will be able to buy permanate homes on Disney property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando