Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM
grant516

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Soon ppl will be able to buy permanate homes on Disney property.
They will have access and some amount of deed to the home 365 days a year, but will not be residents, nor truly 'live' on Disney property.

The only true residents of Bay Lake & Lake Buena Vista are high up lifetime parks employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,690,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
They will have access and some amount of deed to the home 365 days a year, but will not be residents, nor truly 'live' on Disney property.

The only true residents of Bay Lake & Lake Buena Vista are high up lifetime parks employees.
Why can't they live there? They're million dollar homes.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:11 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,066 times
I am shocked at how gullible people are. No one lives on Disney Property - even the College Program Cast Members do not live in some old hotel, etc. They have apartments off property that those people live in. No one is buried under any of the rides or parks and there wasn't one old man that refused to sell his house and lived at EPCOT. The Disney Corporation was able to get plenty of land for a great rate and the last amount for a bit more once it caught on that Disney was actually behind the large land purchases. There is one suite in Cinderella Castle and until a couple years ago it was used as storage and a break area for castmembers who performed in the parades in the area. At Disneyland, that suite is also in the New Orleans section and was previously used as a gallery. But, no one gets to stay in either of those suites for now. They did a couple years ago as part of their promotion and most people did not turn it down. In fact, I have never heard of one person turning that down. Would you turn down an opportunity to stay somewhere that few people could? I think not!

If you want to read further about fun facts about Disney World, check out "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" or go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. There are so many myths about all the parks and you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

There is a multi-million dollar community being developed as we speak with less than 100 homes and a Four Seasons Hotel that will be somewhat similar to Celebration except that all the houses are extremely expensive. It will be close-by the parks but technically not in the parks.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer1234 View Post
Not talking about the homeless, as we all know that Disney outlaws vagrancy, but I'm speaking of permanent residents. I'm also not including the town of Celebration in this. I'm just wondering if anyone actually lives in the park itself. I've heard that Old man Disney(walt)lived above a store on main street in Disneyland in the early 60's. Also heard he was buried under the Pirates of the Carribean ride as well. I guess another question on that theme would be if anyone is buried in DW or DL. Anyone have any answers?

I think MICKEY MOUSE lives there

Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 AM
grant516

n/a posts
These are the residents of Lake Buena Vista & Bay Lake, the two cities that make up Walt Disney World.

Charles Reed
John Raper
John "Mike" Sheehan
Maurice Bone
Terry Fay
Thomas M. Moses
Ann Blakeslee
Susan Higginbotham
Jerry Wooldridge
Wm. "Ray" Colburn
Mike Crikis
Kathy Ludwig
Stephen Boyd
Todd Watzel
Ben Graber
Patrick McCall
Bill Warren

It should however be noted, these people likely live full time off premises, but legally reside and hold voting registration in the cities of LBV and Bay Lake.

There are some I've missed, and the residents vary with their employment for WDW Parks.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 6,194 times
Yes, actually some people will be able to live in Disney World as soon as a new neighborhood, Golden Oak, which is right by the Magic Kingdom, is finished. The homes there sell for anywhere between 1.5 million and 8 million.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,194 times
People will be able to live there as soon as Golden Oak, a neighborhood next to the Magic Kingdom is completed. Homes there will range from 1.5 million to 8 million.

insidethemagic.net (might help)

Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 AM

812 posts, read 1,675,082 times
I'm surprised no one mentioned the roomer that uncle Walt was frozen in the castle a-la Ted Williams...but of course LONG before Ted was. I have no reason to believe it either way, but it does add to the legend of the castle and the reason it's been kept mostly off limits save the promotion mentioned earlier.

Personally I THINK I would like to have a permanent suite in the Contemporary resort, but then again, I have never stayed there so it could suck... honestly I'd have to be a billionare to be interested in living on Disney property so I could pay someone to do all my shopping and what not. I would never(rarely) want to have to actually drive with all the tourists in the area on a consistent basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando