Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM

35 posts, read 90,385 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to the Village at Lake Lily apartments in Maitland but I am concerned about the train noise, as the tracks run right behind the apartments. Does anyone know how often the train goes through there and if it's noisy from indoors? Any other advice on these apartments or the area would be welcomed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,018,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerose84 View Post
I am considering moving to the Village at Lake Lily apartments in Maitland but I am concerned about the train noise, as the tracks run right behind the apartments. Does anyone know how often the train goes through there and if it's noisy from indoors? Any other advice on these apartments or the area would be welcomed. Thanks.
I don't live there but I think that's the same set of tracks that cross Fairbanks Avenue. It's rarely used currently as it's mainly for freight (CSX) but the new SunRail system will utilize those tracks once it's underway, though if you're renting you may not be there any longer as I think it's not due to start until 2014. It's a great neighborhood and I don't think you should let that deter you otherwise.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM

206 posts, read 415,523 times
Yeah - come spring 2014, SunRail will start and the loud CSX trains will be re routed north from Winter Haven. SunRail is a commuter rail with only 4-5 cars and won't make nearly as much noise. Plus, certain cities (I believe Maitland is one of them) are installing extra safety stuff at crossings which allows for it to be a "quiet zone" and the train won't have to blow it's horn at those.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,059,083 times
The train will be annoying, but as long as they aren't blowing the horn it won't be too bad. The trains blast it non-stop for several minutes in the downtown area a few times each night...it's horrible.

I have been to those apartments and I think that is one of the best apartment complexes in the Orlando core area. We almost moved in there before deciding to live downtown. That area of Maitland is a focal point of growth. Lake Lily has a weekly farmers market, a weekly Food Truck pod, a small public library, an art museum, and the Maitland Rotary Arts festival each year which is one of the best. There have been a lot of new businesses around there as well like Jazz Tastings (upscale wine bar & tapas), RanGetsu, and SoNapa. Check out this article on Maitland Plaza, which is the strip across from the complex:

Maitland plaza hits 100 percent capacity

I have never talked to anyone who has actually lived there though, so I can't comment on the management.

Last edited by Pete C; 03-21-2012 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 01:23 PM

206 posts, read 415,523 times
I had also thought about renting there but the prices were too on point with downtown for me to move there without working in Maitland or north of there. Definitely a great setup there and will get better as the area just north of it gets redeveloped around the train station.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM

35 posts, read 90,385 times
Thank you for all the responses. We decided we are going to move there. The article about all the new businesses has me very excited to enjoy the surrounding community.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerose84 View Post
Thank you for all the responses. We decided we are going to move there. The article about all the new businesses has me very excited to enjoy the surrounding community.
If you are into independent movies, you will enjoy being able to walk to the Enzian theater as well, which is the best independent theater in the metro. They host the Florida Film Festival, Brouhaha Film fest, have a haunted swamp halloween event, and have cult movie nights and other events. They have a nice outdoor bar as well with good food. You can eat and drink in the theater too.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 AM

36 posts, read 83,566 times
I'm interested in renting at this condo/apartment complex too. Any one with an update? Seems a like a great location albeit a bit pricey.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 AM

This area is not going to take a turn for the worse...it is very established.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM

36 posts, read 83,566 times
It does sound great from the reviews I've read. A common issue that pops up in all aprt,ent reviews is pet waste and noise. I like dogs and all but less in apartment/condos. I've only seen one pet free building listed so I guess most buildings allow all sorts of pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando