Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,991,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Well if you prefer living in a non progressive city, than you're welcome. Education costs money, and nobody can pay their bills and get an education on those pathetic wages. Any decent money earned through most of those jobs you're so tired by the time you get home you don't want to study. Most of those grasping for customer service jobs can't even speak English anyway. Never heard of any spanish people talking about cloud servers, Azure or ANYTHING IT related ANYWHERE in this crappy town, but I sure see the "gangsta" types with tats, many rejects from Miami here.
Your opinion about Orlando being a crappy town is repulsive, and your logic that we shouldn't be happy about getting the jobs and amenity of a Four Seasons is shoddy at best. It's another notch on Orlando's belt of high end hotels that have opened in recent years like the Ritz and the Waldorf Astoria. Now all we need is a W downtown and perhaps 1 somewhere in the attractions area. Wait, no, what am I saying...? If we have too many high end hotels then we won't be progressive enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,234,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Your opinion about Orlando being a crappy town is repulsive, and your logic that we shouldn't be happy about getting the jobs and amenity of a Four Seasons is shoddy at best. It's another notch on Orlando's belt of high end hotels that have opened in recent years like the Ritz and the Waldorf Astoria. Now all we need is a W downtown and perhaps 1 somewhere in the attractions area. Wait, no, what am I saying...? If we have too many high end hotels then we won't be progressive enough.
You're seriously defending ANOTHER hotel here? WOW, next you'll be defending another toll road. You cheerleaders for Orlandoh are getting desperate.

Have ever lived anywhere else besides this joke of a town?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,991,837 times
Quote:
You're seriously defending ANOTHER hotel here? WOW, next you'll be defending another toll road. You cheerleaders for Orlandoh are getting desperate.
Hmm now why would it be a good thing if another high end hotel opened in Orlando.... Oh wait that's right, the TDT aka Tourist Tax will be replenished helping us realize other goals like our new PAC which recently broke ground. I just hope once it's finished, they don't bring all those progressive New York City musicals down here, I'd much prefer the Hoop-dee-doo Review at Fort Wilderness or Arabian Nights.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 PM

2,133 posts, read 4,554,143 times
Quote:
Well if you prefer living in a non progressive city, than you're welcome. Education costs money, and nobody can pay their bills and get an education on those pathetic wages. Any decent money earned through most of those jobs you're so tired by the time you get home you don't want to study. Most of those grasping for customer service jobs can't even speak English anyway. Never heard of any spanish people talking about cloud servers, Azure or ANYTHING IT related ANYWHERE in this crappy town, but I sure see the "gangsta" types with tats, many rejects from Miami here.
Yep, nobody can get an education.. except for the 35,000 students at Valencia and 50,000 students at UCF... Also, if you're surrounded by uneducated trashy people, maybe you're just living in the wrong area. Because that's not what I see at all.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:06 AM

49 posts, read 100,223 times
Racist a bit, Noodles? Hispanic people don't work in IT? Not educated enough? Are you serious? IT is a pretty diverse field and my dh has colleagues from varied ethnic backgrounds. What really counts is the passion for the work- and those who are passionate about it will be learning and doing even after they put in their hours at that minimum wage job, because it's just what they do. And they'll be the ones making the big bucks one day. I've seen it happen.

Orlando was recently listed by Forbes as the #3 happiest place for young professionals. As for the hotel, certainly not ALL the jobs in the hospitality industry are minimum wage service positions (not that those aren't needed). Plus that's more construction jobs...

If you are so very unhappy, I suggest focusing a bit more on what you love and moving towards that. Tell me where I'm wrong, but I'm hearing a very unhappy person who is finding a very small and inadequate form of joy in berating other's interests. You really could focus on your own life and find much happiness. All that negative energy put into something positive could move mountains. Or at least get you moved to a town you love!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 AM

96 posts, read 188,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextBigAdventure View Post
Racist a bit, Noodles? Hispanic people don't work in IT? Not educated enough? Are you serious? IT is a pretty diverse field and my dh has colleagues from varied ethnic backgrounds. What really counts is the passion for the work- and those who are passionate about it will be learning and doing even after they put in their hours at that minimum wage job, because it's just what they do. And they'll be the ones making the big bucks one day. I've seen it happen.

Orlando was recently listed by Forbes as the #3 happiest place for young professionals. As for the hotel, certainly not ALL the jobs in the hospitality industry are minimum wage service positions (not that those aren't needed). Plus that's more construction jobs...

If you are so very unhappy, I suggest focusing a bit more on what you love and moving towards that. Tell me where I'm wrong, but I'm hearing a very unhappy person who is finding a very small and inadequate form of joy in berating other's interests. You really could focus on your own life and find much happiness. All that negative energy put into something positive could move mountains. Or at least get you moved to a town you love!
I would have to unfortunately agree with you here NextBigAdventure, the only reason why I say "unfortunately" is because it really is sad to see how some people put down this town so badly. Its a very pretty place to live in and very rewarding. I have already been here for 2 months and while I understand that two months is nothing to base a talk about how good or bad Orlando is.......I am not worried for my safety, I am not worried for my job (Which is in IT by the way and I am Mexican, Graduated from College with honors and am now working for a very progressive communications company in Maitland.....did you hear that Noodles?)

We all have a duty to support the place that we live in, whether it is by voting for local ordinances or picking up garbage as you walk your afternoon stroll. It is what makes a good citizen and a responsible citizen of the area in which you live. We all have that responsibility. While we can all speak our opinions and this is a great place to do so, we must always be cautious not to offend people or ethnic groups as we voice our say. Thumbs up for the Four Seasons opening up! Thumbs up for more jobs and thumbs up for most of the people living here. We can all make this place great and an interesting place to live!.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:44 PM

626 posts, read 984,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVICK123 View Post
I would have to unfortunately agree with you here NextBigAdventure, the only reason why I say "unfortunately" is because it really is sad to see how some people put down this town so badly. Its a very pretty place to live in and very rewarding. I have already been here for 2 months and while I understand that two months is nothing to base a talk about how good or bad Orlando is.......I am not worried for my safety, I am not worried for my job (Which is in IT by the way and I am Mexican, Graduated from College with honors and am now working for a very progressive communications company in Maitland.....did you hear that Noodles?)

We all have a duty to support the place that we live in, whether it is by voting for local ordinances or picking up garbage as you walk your afternoon stroll. It is what makes a good citizen and a responsible citizen of the area in which you live. We all have that responsibility. While we can all speak our opinions and this is a great place to do so, we must always be cautious not to offend people or ethnic groups as we voice our say. Thumbs up for the Four Seasons opening up! Thumbs up for more jobs and thumbs up for most of the people living here. We can all make this place great and an interesting place to live!.
I agree! I absolutely love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando