Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 07:05 AM

35 posts, read 80,529 times

Advertisements

We are still trying to find the right area for us. My husband likes the Lake Nona area as he thinks it will grow and the house values will go up. He also likes not having the traffic. Any opinions on this?

I like the Longwood area. Is that a good area to raise kids? I want a place that is very kid friendly. And one that is convenient to everything. We are looking at a house in Sweatwater Oaks. Is that a good development?

Any opinions appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Lake Nona has great potential, especially with the Medical City kicking into high gear. Sweetwater is a very desirable and established community. Either way you can't go wrong. The major difference is one would be an investment and the other a sure bet, meaning if you wanted to sell, your home price in Sweetwater would be stable whereas Lake Nona may take some time to appreciate. I say go with the one that is closer to your job, if that's even an issue.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 AM

27,176 posts, read 43,867,759 times
The premise that Lake Nona won't have any traffic is moot. Any newly developed area in Central Florida is prone to traffic. Don't think that when the medical complex is up and running that it's going to be a field day with traffic. I would opt for Sweetwater as it's established and has the infrastructure to support it's current traffic for the most part.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,163 times
Sweetwater Oaks is a nice older neighborhood and it does offer a quicker trip to shopping etc..., I lived in this area for a few years and biked through/around daily, still have family living in the Sweetwater area.

Lake Nona is the new area and it's currently a drive to get to most everything other than the basics like Publics, Taco Bell, 7Eleven etc... but I can tell you with first hand knowledge the retail world is on the way. I research, visit Nona weekly and will be closing on a property today with a great family that started in the Wekiva Springs area.

Hope this helps,

Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Trust me, there is absolutely no comparison if you're looking to raise a family. I grew up in the Longwood area and spent a lot of time at friend's houses in Sweetwater, Sabal Point, and Shadow Bay. This is an established area and many families who relocated here decades ago now have children raising children in the same area. In Sweetwater you're in a close in suburb with access to major amenities yet due to the proximity to Wekiva Springs State Park, you can enjoy the natural beauty of Florida anytime you want. Lake Nona will rise and become a great area as many medical professionals locate there with their families and disposable income, but it will take 15-20 years to achieve even a fraction of the community feel that this area of Longwood has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando