Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:55 PM

138 posts, read 264,959 times

Advertisements

We have CVS all over out here and its the worst stocked pharmacy Ive ever been to. At multiple locations.

HINT: if a product keeps selling out that means its popular and you should get more so you can sell those too, dip****s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 01:25 PM

306 posts, read 714,719 times
The location(s) might have limited to no control of their inventory though. Most major retail chains employ some sort of centralized computer assisted ordering nowadays. There's a server in Rhode Island or somewhere that will order product for a store based on demand forecasts and computed stock on hand.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,547,956 times
i still wonder why they wouldnt put the cvs in the old target.

been what 5 years since target moved to crossroads. time for something in the old target building on saddlecreek.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
i still wonder why they wouldnt put the cvs in the old target.

been what 5 years since target moved to crossroads. time for something in the old target building on saddlecreek.
A) What the hell do you propose a drug store do with space that housed a department store? You could fit five CVS stores in there.

B) No drive up.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:04 PM

bosco:

I was suggesting tear down the target building and re-do the area in a way that a cvs building could be built there complete with a drive-thru.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM

CVS is not going to tear down 2/3rds of a strip mall just to build their own little store. That would be cost prohibitive. I also don't see how they would put their building where the target is. That would be a very off layout.

Look, I know you have some obsession with getting that Target filled up, but just give it time. It'll happen, eventually.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:20 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,409 times
I think that as a complex it is difficult to really pull in business without people already knowing that you're there. The road turns in such a way that it turns your attention away from the buildings there, and in the other direction, you can't see anything until you pass under a bridge.

I think turning it into a good park would be the best way to improve the area and stimulate business. I think that unusually large parking lot is not doing anyone any favors.

(for the record, the Target at Crossroads is a little over four years old.)

Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
CVS is not going to tear down 2/3rds of a strip mall just to build their own little store. That would be cost prohibitive. I also don't see how they would put their building where the target is. That would be a very off layout.

Look, I know you have some obsession with getting that Target filled up, but just give it time. It'll happen, eventually.
give it time?

how bout we another 5-10 years for something there.

the old bakers at 72 and blondo has been empty for even longer

and patience is getting thin when something stays a empty building/eyesore for more than 5 years

Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
give it time?

how bout we another 5-10 years for something there.

the old bakers at 72 and blondo has been empty for even longer

and patience is getting thin when something stays a empty building/eyesore for more than 5 years
Then why don't you buy it up and put a business there? For as often as you slam the council man (Jerram, right?) that runs that district for the empty building, you'd think you could probably pick it up on the cheap.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM

306 posts, read 714,719 times
Unless they reconfigured the lot and/or put a viable anchor tenant in that building, I don't think another drug store would be a good location for that area idea considering the Walgreens in close proximity.

Plus, it sounds like CVS was trying to put a location on a street with higher traffic numbers.

72nd and Blondo would be too far northwest of an alternative given that they were trying to build on 49th and Dodge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha