Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:50 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,668,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
double h:

something stinks about the saddlecreek cici's being closed.

I was in there a number of times and it was always almost packed.

mad the only one there is at oakview.

I am betting panera bread on saddlecreek will be gone soon cause that is all that left there in the old cici's and target plaza
I doubt that. Every time I've gone to that Panera there are a lot of people there.

In fact, don't even bother trying over the noon-hour. It's that busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,542,911 times
speaking of cici's being closed mysteriously on saddle creek

they been playing a lot of commercials for cici's on tv lately

that would be nice, if oakview wasnt the only location for one in omaha

Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,668,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
speaking of cici's being closed mysteriously on saddle creek

they been playing a lot of commercials for cici's on tv lately

that would be nice, if oakview wasnt the only location for one in omaha
Actually, I think the CiCis on Saddle Creek was too big. The wouldn't have needed more than half the space they had.

And since rent is always charged by the square foot, I'm sure they were getting absolutely annihilated.

Makes me wonder if they'll open elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Actually, I think the CiCis on Saddle Creek was too big. The wouldn't have needed more than half the space they had.

And since rent is always charged by the square foot, I'm sure they were getting absolutely annihilated.

Makes me wonder if they'll open elsewhere.
Good point. I'd definitely like to see CiCi's open another location in the Midtown area.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Good point. I'd definitely like to see CiCi's open another location in the Midtown area.

i hope they open up in mid-town again

the oakview location being the only one gets me so mad (especially with all the commercials i see of cici's on tv) makes me hungry for cici's

Old 09-01-2010, 09:58 AM

306 posts, read 714,233 times
Dive bar patrons, antiestablishmentarians (I wanted to use that word) and Dundee elitists prevailed in shutting down this proposed CVS location yesterday. A celebration with fireworks is reportedly planned this evening from 1-2AM .

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100831/NEWS01/100839917

Quote:
CVS rejected at 49th and Dodge

Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 AM

482 posts, read 1,331,245 times
I am so happy about this. It is so awesome to see the people of a neighborhood stand up to things that they don't want there and win. I understand that some people think that this is a step back and feel that those buildings are "ugly and run down", but most of those people probably don't live in the area. I would rather see a local business renovate these buildings than have a piece of west Omaha transported into my hood. If I and the other people that live in this area wanted that junk, we would live on 168th and center.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:38 AM

jess:

actually A celebration with fireworks is reportedly planned this evening from 1-2AM at every bar in omaha everynight.

the beer gardens in omaha require u to light fireworks off at all hours of the night

Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM

306 posts, read 714,233 times
Thank you for the clarification

Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
I am so happy about this. It is so awesome to see the people of a neighborhood stand up to things that they don't want there and win. I understand that some people think that this is a step back and feel that those buildings are "ugly and run down", but most of those people probably don't live in the area. I would rather see a local business renovate these buildings than have a piece of west Omaha transported into my hood. If I and the other people that live in this area wanted that junk, we would live on 168th and center.
Kudos...how many pharmacies does one town need anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha