Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,679 times

Advertisements

Just curious what's your favorite indoor and your favorite outdoor place to see a concert is in Omaha/CB? Just for fun, why don't you also tell us what your favorite show you've seen in Omaha/CB was.

My fave indoor venue is Music Hall at Civic Auditorium. It may be old but I think it's comfortable, sounds good, and has great views. Seen Ben folds there twice, each time was great.

For outdoor shows I really dig the Stir Cove over at Harrahs. Very nice laid back atmosphere. Also they do not allow minors. Teenagers can ruin just about any concert. Favorite show over there was Blue October last summer in '07. They will be there again 7/26, would highly reccommend if you have not seen them or been to Stir. Sadly I will not be going to Blue October this year, but am going to Toad the Wet Sprocket 7/24 at Stir. Should be a good time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,670,067 times
I've gotta go with The Holland Center.

I know, I know... But our daughter was in Omaha Area Youth Orchestra, and we've got extended family in the actually Omaha Symphony. And I've gotta tell ya - The Holland Center is state of the art. There's not a bad seat in the house. Acoustics are absolutely amazing.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM

I haven't been there, would love to check it out....

Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM

187 posts, read 663,608 times
I like smaller concert venues. Some of my favorites include The Waiting Room in Benson, The Rock in Papillion (before it basically shut down), Sokol Auditorium/Underground, and my all time favorite small venue, Slowdown.

Since I'm still a teenager, I like the smaller venues because they offer a more intimate concert experience, even though I'm far from rowdy at shows.

I like the bigger venues as well. The Quest Center is nice for bigger acts. I saw Josh Groban there a couple years and that was a great experience.

The Orpheum occasionally does shows. I saw The Goo Goo Dolls and Augustana there. And the Holland Center is nothing short of amazing. I've seen some concerts there, as well as being able to sing there twice with Opera Omaha and the symphony with my high school choir.

I have never been able to make it to Westfair in Council BLuffs, but hear it's nice. I plan on going there for River Riot later this summer.

The best concert I ever went to was seeing the indie band Copeland with the bands Lovedrug, Lydia and Lights last November at Slowdown. Truly an amazing experience.

This is a great thread, Dsrich.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajosh618 View Post
I like smaller concert venues. Some of my favorites include The Waiting Room in Benson, The Rock in Papillion (before it basically shut down), Sokol Auditorium/Underground, and my all time favorite small venue, Slowdown.

Since I'm still a teenager, I like the smaller venues because they offer a more intimate concert experience, even though I'm far from rowdy at shows.

I like the bigger venues as well. The Quest Center is nice for bigger acts. I saw Josh Groban there a couple years and that was a great experience.

The Orpheum occasionally does shows. I saw The Goo Goo Dolls and Augustana there. And the Holland Center is nothing short of amazing. I've seen some concerts there, as well as being able to sing there twice with Opera Omaha and the symphony with my high school choir.

I have never been able to make it to Westfair in Council BLuffs, but hear it's nice. I plan on going there for River Riot later this summer.

The best concert I ever went to was seeing the indie band Copeland with the bands Lovedrug, Lydia and Lights last November at Slowdown. Truly an amazing experience.

This is a great thread, Dsrich.

I enjoy smaller venues as well. Sokol's sound quality has sometimes not been the best for me and the bathroom situation there is a drag as well. I'm failry new to town and have not been able to make it to the waiting room even though I live near there. I know that I would really enjoy it from everything I've heard.

Orpheum is of course amazing, only seen Phantom of the Opera there, never any concerts but I'm sure it would be great.

Westfair is cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy River Riot. I remember rockfest there in '98 was pretty awesome, that's when I was your age... Been there a few times since and I always have a good time.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,670,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I haven't been there, would love to check it out....
Yep.

This isn't to take anything away from the smaller and older venues. They are very cool. But The Holland Center is something special. I doubt that most people in Omaha realize just what we have there.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:10 PM

187 posts, read 663,608 times
Yeah, the bathroom situation can get a little crazy sometimes. I've only been to The Waiting Room once, but I liked it. Slowdown has all the newest amenities, good acoustics and big bathrooms.

I totally agree with you Omaha Rocks. The Holland Center is a fantastic addition to Omaha, and I don't think that most people take advantage of the fact that we have such a state-of-the-art concert hall right here in our fair city. It's a great place and acoustics are awesome. Did you know they can adjust the ceiling panels for different sounds? You probably noticed that when you went there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: