Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,843,170 times

Advertisements

Sorry. This just made me laugh. As a Christian I can honestly say these people are nuts and I have never found anything in the Bible to back up their claims. From their website schedule:

Quote:
Omaha South Magnet HS - God Hates Omaha! 4519 S 24th St WBC will picket this High School, and these brats had BETTER be thankful for it. Your parents, and all the other adults are trying to marinade you in lies so they can cook you and eat you over at the Dixie Quick's on Leavenworth (that was a little shout out to the Food Network fans)! This may be your one and only opportunity to hear/see some truth in your entire lives. Pretty soon, that Beast Obama will have you all lining up to take his mark and you will be unable to say "I didn't know I should NOT take his mark". We will bind you each with these words of truth and life. Pr 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. Jeremiah 17:23 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction. AMEN!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link or not. It has a homosexual slur in the name. Go to Google and type in "westboro baptist church schedule" and its the first result.

The scriptures they quote say:
Quote:
Proverbs 4:1 (King James Version)
1Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
Quote:
Proverbs 4:1 (New International Version)
1 Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction;
pay attention and gain understanding.
Quote:
Proverbs 4:1 (New American Standard Bible)
1Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father,
And give attention that you may gain understanding,
Quote:
Proverbs 8:33 (King James Version)
33Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
Quote:
Proverbs 8:33 (New International Version)
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.
Quote:
Proverbs 8:33 (New American Standard Bible)
33"Heed instruction and be wise,
And do not neglect it.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:20 (King James Version)
20Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:20 (New International Version)
20 Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:20 (New American Standard Bible)
20Listen to counsel and accept discipline,
That you may be wise the rest of your days.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:27 (King James Version)
27Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:27 (New International Version)
27 Stop listening to instruction, my son,
and you will stray from the words of knowledge.
Quote:
Proverbs 19:27 (New American Standard Bible)
27Cease listening, my son, to discipline,
And you will stray from the words of knowledge.
Quote:
Jeremiah 17:23 (King James Version)
23But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction.
Quote:
Jeremiah 17:23 (New International Version)
23 Yet they did not listen or pay attention; they were stiff-necked and would not listen or respond to discipline.
Quote:
Jeremiah 17:23 (New American Standard Bible)
23"Yet they did not listen or incline their ears, but stiffened their necks in order not to listen or take correction.
As a Christian myself, I'm not sure whether to be appalled or mildly amused at the stupidity of these people. Trust me, not all people who call themselves Christians are like this! 99% of us are not. God doesn't hate! It seems like the scriptures they quote, while good to listen to (basically they say to listen to your elders, seek knowledge) don't really give any excuse for their hate. They sicken me, honestly.

Anyway, I found this odd and slightly amusing. Trust me, God doesn't hate Omaha. God is not hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,013,180 times
Ya, this group is appalling and comical all at the same time. They are no better than the KKK or neo-Nazis...maybe worse as they guise it in "the name of God."

I truly hope all these morons are struck by lightning.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,694,907 times
They usually don't show up anyway, but they've been here many times before, I think they're taking a liking (or hating) to Omaha, ha ha man those people are crazy, you should see them arguing with people on YouTube.

Edit: Man, they're coming on the 12th, 16th, 17th, they really must hate us, thats a good thing!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:48 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,620,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
As a Christian myself, I'm not sure whether to be appalled or mildly amused at the stupidity of these people. Trust me, not all people who call themselves Christians are like this! 99% of us are not.
Most christians aren't as extreme in their expressions on their stance on homosexuality, however many christians have the same point of view regarding homosexuality because that's what their bible tells them to believe.

A perfect example is my christian mom. She went and protested against the WBC the last time they were here at Central saying she was disgusted with their methods, but just last week she tells me she won't accept my own "ungodly" relationship with me and my boyfriend. So while she's not out there with signs saying "god hates ****" ranting about how we're dooming the country, she in fact does believe it.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 PM

806 posts, read 2,961,821 times
They better have good security..

I know if they put their signs up like "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" etc. they'd have their ass beat soon as they stepped foot down here.

They have freedom of speech, yes. I also have the freedom to kick their ass.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,694,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Most christians aren't as extreme in their expressions on their stance on homosexuality, however many christians have the same point of view regarding homosexuality because that's what their bible tells them to believe.

A perfect example is my christian mom. She went and protested against the WBC the last time they were here at Central saying she was disgusted with their methods, but just last week she tells me she won't accept my own "ungodly" relationship with me and my boyfriend. So while she's not out there with signs saying "god hates ****" ranting about how we're dooming the country, she in fact does believe it.
Well, the good news is you have a boy friend now, congratulations. You two should make out in front of their protests, see what that does to them.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Thanks Go Ne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
They better have good security..

I know if they put their signs up like "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" etc. they'd have their ass beat soon as they stepped foot down here.

They have freedom of speech, yes. I also have the freedom to kick their ass.
Yes and you'd also have to face the consequences for assault. Just because they say something you don't agree with doesn't give you the right to beat them up for it.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,013,180 times
Ya...I'm a big Constitutionalist and all...but damn this is one of those times where freedom of speech is hard to support.

I do support their right to speak, as if we outlaw this speech it would just continually erode away. But man these a$$es are morons.

I'd advise getting about 1000 other people and just surround their protest. Minimizing their voice is more effective than assaulting them...as that puts them on TV. But my feelings on the issue certainly resonate strongly with LSU's thoughts.

Nevertheless...I'm still going to be hoping for lightning!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 AM

Or you could just not show up. Let them know that no one gives a **** about what they have to say. This group actually makes me like the first amendment even more. No matter how grotesque or unpopular it is, I'll always be able to say what I want.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Or you could just not show up. Let them know that no one gives a **** about what they have to say. This group actually makes me like the first amendment even more. No matter how grotesque or unpopular it is, I'll always be able to say what I want.
LOL!! I'll show up! I'm already picketing Omaha's #1 Pizza Parlor. And I'll get some Stonewall Democrats to join me against Westboro!!!!

Here is an educational video: Gay Marriage = Religious Freedom

Last edited by SurfOmaha; 05-11-2009 at 02:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha