Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 09:50 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,223,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
You're not even making sense. If you were actually saying anything based on fact it would be worth arguing with you but your rebuttals are akin to a 5 year old saying "I know you are but what am I?"
Here's the problem - and let's try to get this through you're head...

YOU are making all these claims about harassment, discrimination and hate-mongering.

I keep asking for specific examples.

YOU cannot provide ANY. NONE.

But I'M the one not making any sense? Wow.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,511,954 times
Last week, David Hill, the human resource director of the Brentwood, Tennessee Holiday Inn was fired from his job because of his sexual orientation. His boss, Tarun Suti, said the following: "I don't give a damn, they can sue me. I will not have any gays in leadership roles in my hotel". Is that good enough? I don't understand your hostility and defensiveness on this issue. Just do a little research. Google is a wonderful tool and resource. Use it. This firing was perfectly legal.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 PM

605 posts, read 1,199,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Last week, David Hill, the human resource director of the Brentwood, Tennessee Holiday Inn was fired from his job because of his sexual orientation. His boss, Tarun Suti, said the following: "I don't give a damn, they can sue me. I will not have any gays in leadership roles in my hotel". Is that good enough? I don't understand your hostility and defensiveness on this issue. Just do a little research. Google is a wonderful tool and resource. Use it. This firing was perfectly legal.
We need to gather people together here in Nebraska who have experienced discrimination due to their sexual orientation. There was a transgendered person at the Protest who described how they had to resign their title as Miss Gay Omaha 2006, because they lost their job for being transgender. Remember the movie called "Boys Don't Cry"? That happened right here in Nebraska!!!! The bigots in Nebraska can easily ignore what happens around them, because they are the ones making it happen. We need to get real life figures involved, then we need to shove it in the faces of these bigots. We need to get this stuff on the Omaha World Herald, you-tube, the news and whatnot. We need to make this years Gay Pride Parade politically charged!!! We need to bring out the protesters with their protest signs and remind people why Gay Pride Parades exist. It dates right back to the aforementioned Stonewall Riots!

Remember Nebraska's motto is "Equality before the Law" It is a hypocrisy!!!

Last edited by SurfOmaha; 01-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: added

Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier - in response to that link that was put up about 3 pages back - let's let the courts decide.

The fact that some gay guy says he was fired because he was gay means very little. He could very well have been a horrible employee.

Stop being so judgmental. Homosexuals aren't always right about everything, and sometimes they lie - just like everybody else.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
We need to gather people together here in Nebraska who have experienced discrimination due to their sexual orientation. There was a transgendered person at the Protest who described how they had to resign their title as Miss Gay Omaha 2006, because they lost their job for being transgender. Remember the movie called "Boys Don't Cry"? That happened right here in Nebraska!!!! The bigots in Nebraska can easily ignore what happens around them, because they are the ones making it happen. We need to get real life figures involved, then we need to shove it in the faces of these bigots. We need to get this stuff on the Omaha World Herald, you-tube, the news and whatnot. We need to make this years Gay Pride Parade politically charged!!! We need to bring out the protesters with their protest signs and remind people why Gay Pride Parades exist. It dates right back to the aforementioned Stonewall Riots!

Remember Nebraska's motto is "Equality before the Law" It is a hypocrisy!!!

More hyperbole and emotional rants, but nothing concrete.

The fact that a handful of gays got together and played a game of one-upmanship on Saturday means very little.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Smitty, I do not know if what you say is true or not, but even Google isn't always right. We have all learned recently or had it brought to our attention Snopes isn't the last word either. I think, all of us, can believe only part of what we see, or hear. If indeed this is true, it is a disgrace and should not be tolerated. do we have any idea what David may or may not have been doing to provoke his boss? Don't take this wrong, I do not have a clue, I am just pointing out, what we see and hear can often, be one sided...I question what you just wrote because, for 20 plus years I have been in the travel and hospitality industry. A very large number of those in the industry are gay, thus this is hard to believe...could be true, but I bet there is more to the story than what you have seen.

Again, I will add, which I have before, protesting doesn't usually work. Many people, who fall into the discriminated groups will agree. One can point out about how this protest or that one did work, but at who's expense?

Yes, there are still many in our society that do not accpet anyone living a different life style or accept blacks, jews, muslims, etc. They are the minority.

Nita

Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM

605 posts, read 1,199,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, there are still many in our society that do not accpet anyone living a different life style or accept blacks, jews, muslims, etc. They are the minority.

Nita
Here in Nebraska they are the majority, they are you.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Here in Nebraska they are the majority, they are you.
Wow.

Honestly, SurfOmaha, you are your own worst enemy.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,901,584 times
Surf, you throw around the bigot word every other sentence it seems. I could easily say you fit the definition of a bigot much more than anyone in the Omaha threads.

Your militant attitude coupled with your uncompromising ways fits the definition almost verbatim.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,696,420 times
SurfOmaha, She never made single statement about her political stand point, so don't assume you know her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha