Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,091,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
He's a Democrat. He doesn't have to vote party.

That's probably why he won is because he's been so against this current, soon to be former, administration.
obama is "against his current, soon to be former, administration"?

Huh?

He's as liberal as it gets.

And he'll be Nancy Pelosi's sock puppet, doing her will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:04 PM

240 posts, read 505,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
obama is "against his current, soon to be former, administration"?

Huh?

He's as liberal as it gets.

And he'll be Nancy Pelosi's sock puppet, doing her will.
I know.

I am excited for it to begin !

Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,629,203 times
I Heart Nancy Pelosi!

Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM

516 posts, read 1,341,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Woo Hoo! We voted for Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid! Woo Hoo!

To anyone that wants to challenge my statement, please give me one (1) example of when obama has gone against his own party.

Or more to the point please enlighten me as to how all policy that Democrats pass in Congress originates with Pelosi/Reid? Or are you implying that Pelosi/Reid simply tell people how to vote and the mindless masses comply? Seems like an awfully large oversimplification of the process to me.

Are people in the midwest really so afraid of San Francisco? Pelosi is considered a moderate there.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,209,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Or more to the point please enlighten me as to how all policy that Democrats pass in Congress originates with Pelosi/Reid? Or are you implying that Pelosi/Reid simply tell people how to vote and the mindless masses comply? Seems like an awfully large oversimplification of the process to me.

Are people in the midwest really so afraid of San Francisco? Pelosi is considered a moderate there.

Some people live life in black and white, and as you can see kdbrich is already declaring Obama as a failure and has many labels for the guy, despite Obama hasn't even reached a week after winning the election..and yet knows absolutely nothing about him..

For the next 4 years, people like this guy (kdbrich) are going to be twice as politically agressive as they have been the last eight..

it is going to be even more annoying than it is now I promise! Despite it is getting old already...

Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,209,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltec View Post
Now that's something to be proud of! Winning the most crime ridden section of Nebraska! Hooray!
True,

but don't forget where all the money is, where practically all the fun in the state is, where the educated live, where there is culture and massive amount of opportunity and available jobs, the low cost of living place of the state, where you don't have to drive a 100 miles for little things, where the major transportation hubs are, concerts etc, etc, etc..

Have fun rolling down a hill..

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM

482 posts, read 1,336,279 times
I am so excited that district 2 has gone blue! Each year Omaha becomes more cosmopolitan and diverse. What a great time to live here.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 PM

482 posts, read 1,336,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltec View Post
Now that's something to be proud of! Winning the most crime ridden section of Nebraska! Hooray!
Why don't you just lock yourself in your house with fox news running 24/7. That way you will never have to fear anything ever again.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
Are people in the midwest really so afraid of San Francisco?

Yes.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,253,306 times
So far as Omaha going to Obama, I wish they'd play that up more.
Of the two states that can their votes, this is the first time one ever has.
I think that's cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha