Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,056 times

Advertisements

I just read a post about why a guy hates Omaha he stated that he has a rat problem, well I say Omaha has a Feral Cat problem and everyone knows about it. I trapped 17 Feral cats this year in my back yard (79th and Dodge street area) in a matter of 5 months time. Here are a couple of pics.

Now don't worry I did not do anything mean like shoot them or give them to "Feline Friends Omaha Chapter", I took them down to the NHS on Fort Street and let them decide what to do with them.

I thought the cats would have taken care of the rats, is that how it's supposed to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:24 AM

482 posts, read 2,225,606 times
There seems to be this same problem in Lincoln as well about Feral cats.

That picture about the rat problem looks like a small field mouse to me. I look at all of the small items around this animal and consider this just a common old field mouse and not a rat. Now I do think that there are rats in Omaha, but this does not look like a rat.

Some of these cats looks like some good cats. I hope that they ended up in a home that would take care of them and not just let them run wild.

If you are new to the forum welcome and if you are using a new name then welcome back, but follow the rules.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnebbear View Post
There seems to be this same problem in Lincoln as well about Feral cats.

That picture about the rat problem looks like a small field mouse to me. I look at all of the small items around this animal and consider this just a common old field mouse and not a rat. Now I do think that there are rats in Omaha, but this does not look like a rat.

Some of these cats looks like some good cats. I hope that they ended up in a home that would take care of them and not just let them run wild.

If you are new to the forum welcome and if you are using a new name then welcome back, but follow the rules.

Oh Boy, yes you are right that is a field mouse.

Well, to be exact the NHS, they have a test they put all cats through over the cource of three days. If they fail it......well you know what happens.

All the cats I brought in failed the test. They were deemed unfit for caring families.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM

To bad for the cats. The black/white one looked like it could be a good cat. Anyway I think that pet owners need to take better care of their pets in order to control the animal population. If you can't care for the animal right then guess you best not take one into your home.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM

149 posts, read 473,815 times
yea stupid pet owners who let cats run outside...they belong inside...but it also sucks that you take them all in to be killed...an animal pound does not care, and neither do you.... they don't really test them..they just kill them, sometimes right after you bring them in...seems to me that you are a cat hater.....don't get me started on that....

Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 AM

future texan,

Which one of us do you think is a cat hater? Just wanting to clear the air if you think that I am a cat hater. I love cats and would have taken one of these cats in if I was in Nebraska to do so. Also the Humane Society has a limited amount of resourses so they can't save all the animals that they get in. Like I stated if a pet owner does not want to take care of a pet the right way and give the pet a loving caring home then they should not take a pet into their home.

Also the Feral cat is a big problem in other places as well that other cities are trying to deal with now.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM

149 posts, read 473,815 times
not you kosnebbear! i was referring to happygolucky, the nightstalker of cats.....yes, the bottom line of blame lies on the idiots that get cats, then fail to spay and neuter them, and then let them roam......I have dealt with un neutered strays, AND non strays, spraying on my house..it is not a pleasant thing...BUT to capture and condemn 17 cats!!.. this is a person that just plain hates cats, and has turned this into a hobby for his own twisted fun...let me ask you, mr. happytokillcats,...do you use food to lure them into your yard?? how do you know they are not the pets of neighbors, who, when caged and hauled to the pound, are so terrified, that they fail their lame test??? .I wonder, mr. happytoseethemdie, if you would trap and send dogs to their death, should they use your front lawn as a toilet???...

Old 12-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by future texan View Post
not you kosnebbear! i was referring to happygolucky, the nightstalker of cats.....yes, the bottom line of blame lies on the idiots that get cats, then fail to spay and neuter them, and then let them roam......I have dealt with un neutered strays, AND non strays, spraying on my house..it is not a pleasant thing...BUT to capture and condemn 17 cats!!.. this is a person that just plain hates cats, and has turned this into a hobby for his own twisted fun...let me ask you, mr. happytokillcats,...do you use food to lure them into your yard?? how do you know they are not the pets of neighbors, who, when caged and hauled to the pound, are so terrified, that they fail their lame test??? .I wonder, mr. happytoseethemdie, if you would trap and send dogs to their death, should they use your front lawn as a toilet???...
First off it is perfectly legal to capture vermin on your property. Now when my wife has to dig through piles of little presents these cuddly, furry, lovable little fuzz balls leave behind, I have a problem with that! Now if you would like to come over and clean out our flower gardens every week your more that welcome to do so. I'll even give you a key to the gate.

I don't have to use food to lure them into the yard they come in anyway.
I found that smoked chicken bones work the best to get them in the traps. Yes, I would trap dogs in my yard if it was problem, dogs are not.

Would you like me to bring these cats to your house so you can properly care for them? I have no problem doing so. I was told by the Omaha Police Department to take them to the NEBRASKA HUMANE SOC. it is there job to decide their fate. Not mine.

If someone has a cat missing they can go down to the NHS and bail out their cat out for $40.00. If they cared about there cat enough it would not be down there in the first place.

It is not a hobby, I just have a major cat problem in my neighborhood. And I am fortunate enough to help out my other neighbor's deal with this. Call it Omaha Pride, some folks pick up litter on the side of roads, I have to pick up four legged litter that causes a lot of folks problems.

I'm just taken care of business.

Any more insults??????????

Old 12-10-2007, 03:22 PM

People like me to take Pride there property as well as the one's around them.

I do not make the decision to put them to there death the NHS does. The proper authorities.

I do like cats, the "vermin" that destroy property are not the cats you make them out to be. Like I said if you want them I'll bring them to you, you can save them and properly care and make sure they live a ripe old age.

In fact I am going to set a trap tonight 12/10/07 if you would like to P.M. me with your address I'll have it there in the morning or you can meet me at the NHS about 8:00 a.m..

your truely Mr. happytokeepOmahafreeofpestsanddecease

Last edited by Keeper; 12-12-2007 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: removed deleted quote

Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,198,223 times
Default oh my gosh!!

This has got to be the most odd-ball forum I have EVER read, LOL

After reading this board, I had a very scary thought...

You know how weird and scary movies and music and art can get?
People's thoughts are what create those things.. And now we have message boards and I never realized until just now that people are either very messed up or are intrigued by messed up things...

There are some true weirdos out there and this board is not short of them!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha