Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 AM

208 posts, read 872,425 times

Advertisements

I bet stress is not helping things.I hope you feel better soon.You are missed. nocoldiron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
AKA "CG."

We know you have had it rough the last few weeks health-wise and all of us are wishing our New Hampshire (soon to be Okie) friend some good luck and healing vibes.

We like hearing from you and want you to get better soon!

Get well my friend!

Anybody else want to chime in? Come on, let's send some positive thoughts and prayers his way!
Hey CG,

We miss you and your uncanny wit. We need you to get back in the game. PeggyD has been crackin the whip to us all since she made the big "M", please help us out here my friend.

Bjb123 and I are sending out as much good healing vibes as we can muster-up, feel free to use as needed or you can just take two and call us in the morning, "no charge of course".

Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Default Cure for what ails ye

What you need is some good home remedies, CG. Here is an excerpt from the website Forgotten Medical Cures:
(Not that I expect you to follow these, just good for a laugh or whatever.)

Upset Stomach

My grandmother mixed a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of baking soda in a half-glass of water then poured in about a tablespoonful of vinegar. This concoction was drunk while foaming---actually it tasted a lot like today's alka-seltzer. Nina Hall

She also made blackberry wine for medical purposes for the stomach. Joanne H. Boswell

Granny would peel a Irish Potato , cut it in pieces and pour water over it and let it set a while ...then she would pour the water off the Potato and we drank it ...it tasted sweet and it worked .. Verna

When I was a little girl we were travling in the mountains of West Virginia and I had an upset stomach. Carsick maybe.. We stopped at an old country store to get something for it and there was an old women running the store that looked as old as the hills.. LOL!!.. She told my mom to fold up a newspaper and put it next to my skin under my shirt.. It worked!!.. The nausea went away and the rest of the trip was great!! Cindy

For upset stomach (heartburn, indigestion) mix one tsp. of baking soda in a cup of water and drink straight up (this is also on the baking soda box). Dora Schwemley

Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
redbird4848 wrote:
Quote:
For upset stomach (heartburn, indigestion) mix one tsp. of baking soda in a cup of water and drink straight up (this is also on the baking soda box). Dora Schwemley
I've done this for years and still do, I don't like the taste, but it works.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Yes, I have used the baking soda remedy as well. I think CG's problem is a little more serious than an upset stomach. Those are interesting remedies mk. I hope that CG starts feeling better soon. I know that if I was laid up in bed that long I'd go insane. I'm a Sooner dangit, I am impatient by nature!

Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,086 times
Default The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

Hi everybody!

I almost didn't see this thread.
(Been kinda slow and stupid from lack of sleep.)

Firstly...
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE KIND WISHES, PRAYERS & DMs!
I am truly touched.
I can see that my feelings of OK and Okies were totally on the money.
You are really a good bunch of folks, and I can't wait to get out there with you.

I'm not one to whine about my issues in public as you've seen...
But before the conjecture gets too far out, here's the deal...

Right before Christmas, I got a massive infection in the lower intestine.
Like an appendicitis, but on the other side, supposedly caused by diverticulitis.
Dummy that I am, I suffered 6 days before seeking medical attention.

After 2 bottles of antibiotics, it seemed OK.

I was supposed to have a liquid diet for a while, then basically food that didn't require chewing for a month.... YUM!
And I was supposed to stay off my feet.

I sorta rushed things a bit.
(That's putting it mildly.)

When I got pain again, I figured I got reinfected, but I've been on only liquids since last Friday, and the gut feels pretty good today.

My REAL problem has been that I caught a really nasty respiratory virus.
I sound worse than my daughter who's just getting over pneumonia.
I haven't had more than a consecutive half hour of sleep for almost a week.
I constantly wake up drowning and coughing. My back and sciatic are killing me from being horizontal all the time. That's what's really beating me up.
Also, my ears are completely plugged up and I feel like I'm in a fishbowl.

I get vertical twice a day, but I get pretty fatigued after an hour or so and begin making less sense than usual.

I have gone to work during all this when there was work.
I still hold my record of never having taken a sick day since 1998.

I'm just trying to stay as rested as possible because I have a very important contract coming this week, and I aim to be there dead or alive.
(And they will have NO idea that I'm sick.
They didn't last time and that was only 3 days out of the hospital.)

I haven't had so much as a cold in over 3 years.
Guess my number was up.

So.... Enough said about that... I'd rather hear about OK and Okies.

I've been popping in here occasionally to keep up with all y'all,
just been too pooped to post. I was going to make a short post in The Chattin' thread, then I saw this thread.

Well... I'm feeling pretty wiped out... I just wanted to get on here and let you guys know that I'm alive and to thank you all for your concern, prayers and good wishes.
You have NO idea how much I appreciate it.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!
THANKS!

I'll be back soon,

M.

P.S.

Congratulations to:
Peggy on the Mod job.
Synopsis on his daughter.
Colleen on finding a decent place in a week.
RedBird on getting off AOL.

And Hi & thanks to:
LR
GP
MK
Karibear
Cali-Okie
Nameless
wmassjb
Jammie
Jess5
Jessaka
nocoldiron
seabeebolt - (Hope Peggy hasn't been to rough on you.)

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-23-2008 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Hey CG,

It's good to hear from you; nobody thinks you are a whiner, your silence through all of this is a testament to that. Nobody would have even known if I hadn't gotten nosy. But we're not going to let you suffer in silence, we'll raise a stink about it!

Everybody here likes you and has a real concern for you and your family's well-being (CGs wife is a really great person as well, as are their children).

We'll keep on saying the prayers and sending good thoughts so you can be back to your usual self in no time at all. I'm also crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for you to get that upcoming contract; I'm assuming others will be doing the same.

Now you get some rest, you hear!

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-23-2008 at 03:36 PM..

Old 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
So glad to hear from you again, CG. I know how tough it is to be ill when you are used to being active.

We have had that terrible virus around here in Okieland too. Lots of people have been missing work. A lady at our bank had to go into the hospital and everyone has been very worried about her.

Just stay on your liquid diet. Maybe you should get a juicer like we have been talking about in our diet forum.

Hope you get the contract. *sending lucky vibrations to NH*

Old 01-23-2008, 05:00 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
so glad to hear from you. we were really getting worried. my prayers will continue, and especially for you to get the contract. rest up as much as you can so you'll be in tip top shape to do that work.

btw, when dh was battling kidney cancer about 12 years ago, he was working as a computer consultant, and went to a couple of jobs with the bag attached to him, that he had to go to the restroom to empty. the night before his surgery the basement flooded and there he was bailing out the water in hip boots, with his bag attached. he next morning he got himself up at 3 AM and drove himself to the hospital to have his kidney removed because we had two very young kids that i couldn't leave. BUT -- we survived it all, and you will survive yours as well.

good luck.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Considering all the snow that needs to be shoveled up there, I would plan on staying in bed for the next three months. Send the kids and the wife out to make a living.....hot chocolate and Oprah sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma